Sign in to follow this  
xRyanNitro

Surf Server Suggestions

Really enjoying the server. There really needs to be some changes made. I've put it a lot of hours into surf and I've mained a lot of different servers.

I am requesting you bring down the round time from 60 minutes down to at least 30 minutes. 60 minutes is much too long, a lot of people will just afk and wait out the map, including myself.

Can you please enable the drop knife command? This is usually pretty standard. I may be wrong but I believe the command is "mp_drop_knife_enable 1" or something like that.

Other than that it's fine. Thank you.

Lowering the time is an option but some people like to spend 60 minutes on a map grinding the lowest time which is why we have RTV.

the server will also be getting a new time plugin (resetting everyone’s time sadly) here in the near future because the current one is very buggy, also I will add the drop knife I like that idea.

@vexer All I do is try to grind my time down as much as I can too. 60 mins is just too much. The longest I've ever seen on any other surf server was 45 mins and that was still pushing it. They ended up moving it down to 30 and it was much more enjoyable. 

ETA on the time reset? Seems pointless to surf on here if it's just gonna reset. Looks like the server is using ckSurf, which is a pretty standard plugin. I totally get why you'd want to upgrade it, but just want an ETA to know if it's worth surfing on here still while waiting for that reset to happen.

Edited by xRyanNitro

21 minutes ago, xRyanNitro said:

ETA on the time reset? Seems pointless to surf on here if it's just gonna reset. Looks like the server is using ckSurf, which is a pretty standard plugin. I totally get why you'd want to upgrade it, but just want an ETA to know if it's worth surfing on here still while waiting for that reset to happen.

We dont have a current ETA because we’re still currently testing the new plugin, I will try to work on it soon with an engineer if I get free time, thanks for recommending stuff.

I complain about the timer everytime I'm on 60 mins is way too long. I do not have the time to spend 60 mins per map, and half the time you can't rtv cause people are afk waiting on the map change lmao

4 minutes ago, Destin said:

I complain about the timer everytime I'm on 60 mins is way too long. I do not have the time to spend 60 mins per map, and half the time you can't rtv cause people are afk waiting on the map change lmao

Would you be willing with 35 or even 40? 60 is a lot and 30 seems like very little.

Edited by vexer

16 minutes ago, vexer said:

Would you be willing with 35 or even 40? 60 is a lot and 30 seems like very little.

As low as you're possibly willing to go. I promise you, for the majority of people, 30 mins is great. 

30 mins allows the maps to keep changing so things stay fun. It also keeps it so you want to continue to play the server. Say you are grinding a map, and you are really close to getting a PB. If it changes, it keeps the person wanting to replay that map, it'll keep players on the server since they want to replay maps. After the map changes, our attention changes to the next map. 

Anything above 30 really gets dull. You could change it to 35 or 40 but everyone will be pissed waiting out that extra 5-10 mins. 

I'm still on the boat for 60 minutes. It's only flawed because RTV doesn't take into account AFK people and it's impossible to get enough votes for it to pass. 

As for dropping knife, you can hide your weapons. There's a command for that: type sm_hideweapon in console

edit: I've actually asked fearless before to put bhop's rtv plugin since it takes into account afk people, but he's currently tweaking the new timer. But it shouldn't be an issue for long

Edited by zebra

21 minutes ago, MistaChang said:

One of my suggestions is not allowing buy zones on the server. Buddy got close to 15 20 molly's and spammed the server with molly noises.

Pretty sure there aren't buy zones and that CSGO default restricts you to two molotovs anyways. If you're talking about surf_utopia, the molotovs come from the weapon spawn in the actual map itself

4 hours ago, zebra said:

As for dropping knife, you can hide your weapons. There's a command for that: type sm_hideweapon in console

There is a difference between dropping the knife and using that command. Actually dropping it removes your cross hair as well as gives you 10 more units of speed.

Edited by xRyanNitro

Hideweapon hides your crosshair too.

I actually didn't know dropping your knife gave you extra speed, but if that's the case then I would argue that we shouldn't be able to drop it then. That would mean players would have to drop their knives to get a better time and some people prefer surfing with a knife, whereas you can always hide your knife / crosshair

I honestly feel like they should lower it. Even if there is the RTV command, recently I've been having a lot of people afk and not even surfing so we can't even get it to change the map. Sitting there for a whole hour with like 4 or 5 afk people not being able to change the map really sucks honestly. I think that they should either lower the time on the map or make the afk kick a little earlier. It would solve a bunch of problems in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Dried Up Xanax said:

I honestly feel like they should lower it. Even if there is the RTV command, recently I've been having a lot of people afk and not even surfing so we can't even get it to change the map. Sitting there for a whole hour with like 4 or 5 afk people not being able to change the map really sucks honestly. I think that they should either lower the time on the map or make the afk kick a little earlier. It would solve a bunch of problems in my opinion.

I believe @KiD Fearless lowered the map time to 30 minutes today. So that should solve that.