Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Changes to R&R - March 1st, 2019

Changes to R&R

It's time to talk about the forums, discord and most importantly Recruitment & Ranks...

The purpose of the forums have changed with the introduction of our discord server. The forums are no longer used in the way they were used to with people spamming F5 to see the next thread, comment, etc. As a community, we now have our immediate daily discussions on our discord server, which has been consistently active since its inception.

With our forum activity decreasing due to the increasing activity on our discord server over the past couple years, we've decided to make some changes to R&R to reflect our current community activity. That way R&R will be updated so that NEW members will be able to meet requirements in order to reasonably achieve their ranks.

We've come to an agreement that for future members trying to get their rank, it will become increasingly difficult to get your post count up without simply spamming our forums with nonsense posts... And let's be frank, no one wants to read that. So instead of figuring out a way to track discord posts, as well as having the potential for our spammers to move their efforts towards our discord server, we decided to just simply reduce the post requirement.

Now you might be thinking... 'Wait did it just get easier to get your rank?!' 

Well in the post requirement, yes.

However in order to balance it out, you must be prevalent within the community enough to get people to put in the effort to vote on your application. You must be active on discord or the servers in order for current members to get to know you well enough to get the new amount of votes required to obtain your desired rank.

We believe this is a good balance to achieve your rank during this time of change in our community.

Our community is ever changing with the ebbs and flows of the current gaming environment, where dedicated community servers are becoming less and less frequent in new games being released. We want to keep our community growing and don't want to discourage members from trying to achieve their well-deserved ranks.

If you want to get your rank, earn it by getting members to vote on your application.

Not only have we changed Ranks but we also made a small change to recruitment to reflect these changes as well.

Please see below.

These changes will be in effect starting on March 1st, 2019.

Thanks for reading.

- Travesty

Purple = Old

Blue = New

OLD

In order to be accepted as a Member Level 1:

• You must receive at least 20 referrals from Level 2 members, Server Officers, and above. Three referrals must be from Staff.

NEW

In order to be accepted as a Member Level 1:

• You must receive at least 30 referrals from Level 2 members, Server Officers, and above. Three referrals must be from Staff.

Rank Application Guidelines

NEW

Returning Members

In order to apply for your rank, you must be active during the previous 90 days leading up to your application. We aren’t asking for anything crazy, just some minimal activity during that time that shows you’re an active member within the community. We want to prevent people from going AFK in the community and only coming back to get their admin.

OLD

Member Level 2
Requirements:

• 6 months clan tenure.
  • 250 forum post count minimum.
  • 200 hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 16/16 Community Vote from Level 2 and above.
  • 2 Yes votes have to be from staff

NEW

Member Level 2
Requirements:

• 6 months clan tenure.
  • 50 forum post count minimum.
  • 200 hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 30/30 Community Vote from Level 2 and above.
  • 2 Yes votes have to be from staff

OLD

Member Level 3
Requirements:

• 1 year of clan tenure.
  • 500 forum post count minimum.
  • 450-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 14/14 Community Vote from Level 3 and above.
  • 2 Yes Votes have to be from Staff.

NEW

Member Level 3
Requirements:

• 1 year of clan tenure.
  • 100 forum post count minimum.
  • 450-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 25/25 Community Vote from Level 3 and above.

OLD

Member Level 4
Requirements:

• 2 years of clan tenure.
  • 1000 forum post count minimum.
  • 700-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 12/12 Community Vote from Level 4 and above.

NEW

Member Level 4
Requirements:

• 2 years of clan tenure.
  • 250 forum post count minimum.
  • 700-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 20/20 Community Vote from Level 4 and above.

OLD

Member Level 5

Requirements:

• 3 years of clan tenure.
  • 2000 post count minimum.
  • 1000-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 10/10 Community Vote from Level 5 and above.

NEW

Member Level 5

Requirements:

• 3 years of clan tenure.
  • 500 post count minimum.
  • 1000-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 15/15 Community Vote from Level 5 and above.

OLD

Veteran Member

Requirements:

• 5 years of clan tenure.
    • 3500 post count minimum.
    • 1500-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
    • 8/8 Community Vote from Veteran and above.

NEW

Veteran Member

Requirements:

• 5 years of clan tenure.
    • 1000 post count minimum.
    • 1500-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
    • 15/15 Community Vote from Veteran and above.

I like the changes but fear that there wont be enough active people at time to vote on apps at higher levels, cause it seems that on some apps people can barely get enough votes as it is already

1 minute ago, Rock said:

I like the changes but fear that there wont be enough active people at time to vote on apps at higher levels, cause it seems that on some apps people can barely get enough votes as it is already

Keep in mind how many staff vote on applications.

As well I think people just stopped voting if they had enough votes -- I know I do if they're well above.

1 minute ago, Nau said:

@Travesty Are using server hours in exchange for posts to meet minimums still a thing, or is that null?

Still a thing. Everything else remains the same. Only the blue is the changes. I left out the other bits that had no change.

Sounds good with me. I like it.

4 minutes ago, Travesty said:

As well I think people just stopped voting if they had enough votes -- I know I do if they're well above.

I do the same thing. If they already have 20/20 or whatever, then since people can't vote no, there's no point to vote yes unless I just want a free post.

Just now, Travesty said:

Still a thing. Everything else remains the same. Only the blue is the changes. I left out the other bits that had no change.

Nice good stuff man

Looks good going to take longer for people to be accepted into the community if they need to know more people. I for sure like the new post count because it's been a struggle trying to get 1000 for L4. I like the changes they are for sure an improvement. 

ahh yes, I might able to get my vet for once. Couldnt do it due to decrease of forum post inactivity and dont want to say something dumb/irreverent  :(