Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fishy Taco

What´s your favorite game of 2017?

With The Game Awards´ Game Of the Year coming in December, I was wondering what you guys consider the best game of the year and why.

Mine would be TLO Zelda: Breath of The Wild, its just open world techno-fantasy goodness all around FeelsGoodMan.  I´ve always been a fan of the series and this installment did it for me just right. If you have the opportunity I heavily recommend you check it out. 

Of all the games I played this year Nier Automata was my favorite.

While Nier was my favorite game, it kind of got overshadowed for me in the last few days, because Titan Quest one of my favorite games of all time received a new DLC a few days ago Titan Quest Ragnarok. Gonna play the shit out of that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588650/Dead_Cells/

Dead Cells for sure. Its quite fun and is very similar to Risk of Rain if you've ever played that. Its just kind of fun to play every once in a while and try and see how far you can make it. It does however get a little old pretty quick, but you can come back to it after a while and still enjoy it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268130/Heat_Signature/

Heat signature. One of those stupidly hard to grasp games (but simple once you get into it) created by the same guy who did the indie stealth game gunpoint. Basically top down shooter that involves sneaking aboard enemy ships to do all forms of assassinations, takeovers, and sabotage. Main objective, liberate the galaxy. It is one of those games I love hoping into every once in a while to either do a few missions or fly around and either fuck up a ship or get fucked up and thrown out an airlock. Definitely a GOTY candidate.

4 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

fuck yourself 

You sound pretty upset. I was upset they neutered a zelda game. I stand by my comment and if BOTW wins GOTY then it was completely rigged.

1 hour ago, water.exe said:

You sound pretty upset. I was upset they neutered a zelda game. I stand by my comment and if BOTW wins GOTY then it was completely rigged.

Don't think you've played BOTW if you say it was neutered.

HZD has nothing on BOTW, I played both thoroughly 

PUBG isn't a game I can play very well on my current laptop, but due to the sheer playerbase, it's massive growth, and it's incredibly lucrative skin market, I think it's personally the BEST game of the year, especially when considering the replay ability factor, and almost certainly the best FPS of the year. I also just really like how random it is. 

1 hour ago, willy (wilson) said:

PUBG isn't a game I can play very well on my current laptop, but due to the sheer playerbase, it's massive growth, and it's incredibly lucrative skin market, I think it's personally the BEST game of the year, especially when considering the replay ability factor, and almost certainly the best FPS of the year. I also just really like how random it is. 

1 hour ago, willy (wilson) said:

There is a bit of a problem there, and that is the fact that the game is not out yet.

1 hour ago, SpartanSakaro said:

There is a bit of a problem there, and that is the fact that the game is not out yet.

Oh my bad, I completely forgot about this, just started playing it this year so I assumed.

19 hours ago, Jodas said:

Of all the games I played this year Nier Automata was my favorite.

I hadn't even played NieR: Automata yet but it's already my favorite game of all time. I got the major plot points accidently spoiled for me unfortunately. When that happened, I had a mental breakdown. Also, Keichi Okabe (music composer) should win a grammy for his work on the OST!!!

I cried like a billion times because of the music alone...

Horizon Zero Dawn is mine.  A single player game that I haven't put down since launch.  Bought the DLC and it just expands on the beautiful environment.  Graphically one of the most beautiful games I've played on PS4 and has an excellent story and really makes you care about the characters.  Combat is excellent and I love how unique each machine is and how to kill it.

On 11/22/2017 at 9:34 PM, Trelvick said:

Did they actually fix the multiplayer issue?

Sales for the game are awful and loot boxes ruined it.  I was going to buy it, but I cancelled my preorder.  Hopefully microtransactions eventually get eliminated from games.. I'm tired of spending $60 for a base game that isn't completed and then have to spend money just to be able to advance and get better at the game.  Odds are slim, but I'm hoping.

VRChat, one of the lesser toxic places if you find a good server/ group of friends can really have fun messing around 

i haven't beaten any game from 2017, so im gonna have to go with r6 siege because they literally rework their engine every year and its a completely different game from the version i played in beta which was super repetitive and kind of boring