Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

Remove clouds for a month?

Should we remove clouds for a month?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Remove clouds? (inb4 no x invalid)

• Yes remove it
    • No keep it
    • Keep it, but extend how long it takes for it to be re-nominated

People like it cause it's super easy to rebel and some ct's don't know how to handle moving t's through the portal, I hate it because every round is just easy rebels with ct's getting shit on over and over

2 hours ago, Swed said:

Good wardens lead to good rounds on most maps. Clouds is not one of them.

This, Clouds is a shitfest. Even with one of the better wardens wardening it is a hopeless map. I play mostly CT. Clouds is so cancer for CT side that I don't play on CT anymore on the map.

Not because the map is heavy T sided, but because the map is Anti Retarded CT focused. Only by extreme killwhoring and playing 2-3 games in cell block with luck that is, is it possible to have any chance for CT's to win. And for me the annoying part is not the fact that it is hard to hoist in a win for CTs but the fact the there are like 15 on way see through walls for Ts and obnoxious camping and hiding spots for rebellers which for me kills the whole experience of being CT.

/rant

Not saying we shouldn't remove it but I fell like a lot of people who don't actively play JB anymore are just bandwagons to remove it.

We could maybe edit the map? Take the portal out and just make a bridge to the other side of the map and then we could remove some vents that are op. I like the maps games and stuff i just don't like the portal and the million vents to do. 

55 minutes ago, KiLLeR said:

We could maybe edit the map? Take the portal out and just make a bridge to the other side of the map and then we could remove some vents that are op. I like the maps games and stuff i just don't like the portal and the million vents to do. 

The only vent we would need to remove is the pipe that leads u to the ump honestly if thats removed ct's have a way better chance.

3 hours ago, tazmanianxdude said:

The only vent we would need to remove is the pipe that leads u to the ump honestly if thats removed ct's have a way better chance.

We could replace the weapon in there with a pistol or something. Getting a ump by standing on a pipe is pretty op.

It used to be god before extreme climb broke and became a pain in the ass to get into and it is super easy to rebel, when t's use the ump vent cts just camp in cells and always play simon says then triva for lr so they can get out with vents, all the vents have been found and everyone knows them which just makes rounds last forever people always camp the top of extreme climb so for this i am voting to remove it, even though i will admit i do all of these things as T.

13 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

no extreme climb recall 

nuff said

Not hard to make that a thing

7 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

there was a recall on the updated version of the map. not sure why it was removed.

who created the map

Regardless, it's as easy as making a big ass block that encompasses climb, making every player inside teleport when it is active (toggled by button)

10 hours ago, Dr Pepper said:

there was a recall on the updated version of the map. not sure why it was removed.

9 hours ago, Velo said:

who created the map

Beta 2 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252961216

Creator is SmoGG

The reason it was removed was because anytime ANYONE goes into or out of surf it changes the server's sv_airaccelerate rate between something like 70 to 300 both of which are off of the server's value.  This could be fix in a map edit, but clouds is being worked on so i'd rather wait for SmoGG to update it.  Although the B-hop already changes server values so i almost doubt surf trigger will be changed.  but the beta 2 version fixes everything that most people have problems with version 4.

I do have more to rant but i'll probably post later.

It's too easy to rebel round ends in two seconds someone needs to edit it or else it just sucks to be a ct on that map

The problem with clouds is it's poopy portal system -- anytime anyone wants to kill someone on the other team, they just end up camping portal entrances. This leads to stagnant rounds where people on both teams are afraid to move around. If we can somehow remove the portals, it'd solve every problem.

I think the map is great even with the portals though. Almost every JB map is completely enclosed and the few that aren't might have little to no background to their borders. Clouds has an awesome atmosphere -- it's completely open, you can fall off the map and die, the boundaries of the map looks infinite; this altogether creates an amazing and free environment to play in. The games on it aren't that bad either.

Balance-wise, it's currently all based on whoever controls the portals. CT's are afraid to move from spawn because it's super easy for a T to camp the portal but what most people don't know is that the CT's actually get to the portal first. I've had plenty of rounds rebelling where I'd get completely blocked by wardens who know that fact and immediately order T's to crouchwalk thru the portal from their cells -- which means CT's can straight up bumrush through the portal from spawn. Once that happens, it's pretty much gameover for rebelling T's: M4/AK/AWP (even a deagle) versus an UMP at long range, the UMP is gonna lose every time if the CT is above silver. I mean I guess T's have a chance if the rebellers choose to hide in cellblock vents, but nobody likes anyone who delays the round like that :^)

12 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

M4/AK/AWP (even a deagle) versus an UMP at long range, the UMP is gonna lose every time if the CT is above silver.

I mean ump are god weapons and if you cant snipe people with it that are silver, then you're doing something wrong.

19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

The problem with clouds is it's poopy portal system -- anytime anyone wants to kill someone on the other team, they just end up camping portal entrances. This leads to stagnant rounds where people on both teams are afraid to move around. If we can somehow remove the portals, it'd solve every problem.

We could just make it so there is a bridge where the portals go. I could probably fix it if people would rather that be done, I could also add a recall to extreme climb. Then again we could just wait for the new update that revoker was talking about.

I think the map is great even with the portals though. Almost every JB map is completely enclosed and the few that aren't might have little to no background to their borders. Clouds has an awesome atmosphere -- it's completely open, you can fall off the map and die, the boundaries of the map looks infinite; this altogether creates an amazing and free environment to play in. The games on it aren't that bad either.

Balance-wise, it's currently all based on whoever controls the portals. CT's are afraid to move from spawn because it's super easy for a T to camp the portal but what most people don't know is that the CT's actually get to the portal first. I've had plenty of rounds rebelling where I'd get completely blocked by wardens who know that fact and immediately order T's to crouchwalk thru the portal from their cells -- which means CT's can straight up bumrush through the portal from spawn. Once that happens, it's pretty much gameover for rebelling T's: M4/AK/AWP (even a deagle) versus an UMP at long range, the UMP is gonna lose every time if the CT is above silver. I mean I guess T's have a chance if the rebellers choose to hide in cellblock vents, but nobody likes anyone who delays the round like that :^)

But I'm not above silver Kappa

FeelsBadMan

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm back things worked out a lot faster then expected

They always come back

tehehe

So there is a new version of clouds on the server. It is based off of version 5 (we were using 4). I modified the map, here are the changes of v5 or ones I made.

• Added surf behind soccer.
  • Added Volleyball next to Tic-Tac-Toe
  • Added Warday room (Can press stop button is t's try to hide in it)
  • Removed Top breakable block in connecting cells
  • One way glass walls can't be shot out of (I think if it worked)
  • Ct's enter cellblock in a different location then T's
  • Ct's teleport to the top of extreme climb
  • Extreme climb doors actually work
  • A few more hidden things (some I added some added in V5)
  • Removed the sv_ commands from the map

Hopefully it should be more balanced and less T sided along with a couple new games.