Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Can we get rid of the racism card everyone likes to use.

Ok so my only real beef with the racism rule is that it is so stretched across the servers and officers half the time people care the other half you say chocolate pudding and your banned for being raciest. What got me on this subject is today there was a guy talking about the kkk and making round about raciest jokes and you know the normal beating around the bush racism shit that goes on all the time. he gets kicked and warned life goes. Then there is a player who's name is Everyone hats growing knee's he's been playing on the server forever and I think is on the forums as well. Yet he is allowed to keep his name when we all know what he is referring to. Same kinda things that goes to borderline racist names and meanings and everything else that comes and goes from the servers. I really just wish you guys would get rid of the racism card and either A) make it more lenient or B) turn into nazi's about it. This "it's racist today but not tomorrow" bullshit and the SO discretion is getting a bit old after the years of dealing with it. I just feel like you guys give mixed signals about racism. One guy can have a racist name but another guy who beats around the bush gets the punishment. They are both equal parts of the same problem people know we have a huge grey line on racism and they sit on it all day. Personally I don't give a fuck about racism because it's Merica and freedom of speech and if they want to do it in real life and get their teeth knocked in or start a fight let them. If they spam it over the mic get them for spamming the mic. I just would like to see some change or some kind of solid line drawn between SO's and the global guidelines. Sending mixed messages to the "new generation" you guys so much want to love and embrace with every other topic of change I figured why not start here.

to all you TLDR bastards read it anyways.

Edited by turbulance

Eh, whatever.

If people blow up all the time about it, it just becomes a constant shitfest.

If they make a name blatantly racist and they get caught, they deserve what's coming to them.

Most impose the racism rule if it gets really out of hand, other than that no one really cares if it's jokes.

It's good that it's imposed, who knows how many black sG members and players would have never been apart of this community if it weren't.

I judge racism based on perceived intent. If someone says 'Whats good ni**a' or 'ni**a plz' then I don't really feel like they have hateful intentions and let it go. If someone says 'fuck you stupid ni**er' or something along those lines then obviously they get a ban. I try to be fair about it. 

He's right. I've brought it up to eddy before. No one really cares to enforce this rule. People get away with the n word for the most part because no one wants to be that admin who bans a player for saying it once. No one keeps track of the kicks and the warnings. 

See the above post? Most of the time it's fine, who cares. 

Why have the damn rule if you're not going to go all out enforcing it?

Does the rule only exist to combat slurs when it suits people?

He's right. I've brought it up to eddy before. No one really cares to enforce this rule. People get away with the n word for the most part because no one wants to be that admin who bans a player for saying it once. No one keeps track of the kicks and the warnings. 

This right here is perfect.

I've never seen anyone kicked or banned from saying it once, only warned. If they came in the server only to cause mayhem and spew racist words everywhere, then I kick them.

You know all you pieces of shit who posted your trash waste of space replies like I knew you Sg members would all I have to say is go fuck yourself and the image you create around your own clan tag. I mean honestly what the fuck are you guys bringing to the table for this community let alone this thread.I am not going to say sorry about actually giving a fuck about the server content and the bullshit that goes on in them. All these HUR HUR your a faggot blah blah shut up go cry in a corner. I mean honestly can you even pretend for one fucking thread that you actually give a fuck about the community you choose to be in and wear the tags of? I'd go on a guilt trip about how shameful you fuckers are but I don't think you'd care because all you do is sit in your own shit all day and pick fights on the forums.The main reason I don't try and join Sg is not because I couldn't get in which I believe I could if I was motivated but I would not want to wear the same tags as you fucking cunts of the community.

I do agree with you on some points turbulance.

But honestly you shouldn't have even wasted your time writing this reply.

and I do realize problems with the racism rule, but I doubt its gonna be changed much, if it does.

as far as the loop-holing guys, like "i hate growing knees" they can be kicked for racism, as you said in your original post; everyone knows what hes talking about (checked his gameme, hes only had the name for the past month).

Edited by Sandy.

It's purely a problem of admins enforcing rules selectively. If someone is blatantly being racist, or using racist slurs, they should be dealt with. If current sG member admins are not enforcing these rules and letting people slide, staff should be notified of this. However, who the fuck wants to report an admin for not dealing with someone that simply said a racial slur with no racist intention? Obviously it is getting to you, turb, and I understand that. However, it is impossible for us, as staff, to manage every single instance of moderation on our servers. 

just to elaborate on how I, personally, view our 'no racism' server rule("Racism is by NO MEANS allowed and will be dealt with harshly after a warning"):

no racist slurs

no racist names

no loophole'esque, beat around the bush racism, in general(ex: ghoul gun names )

Every admin has there own interpretation of the rules, because that is how communication(in general) works. Admins should be following the simple warn/kick/ban procedure. If they are not, please feel free to bring it up with one of our staff members. 

A lot of the posts in this thread is straight up spam and trolling, unfortunately. If you wanted to avoid that, you should have posted in the complaint department(bringing up specific evidence of what you are saying). However, the way you type your comments about this subject completely eggs on the 'trolls' in this community. You, often times, bring it upon yourself. Nontheless, this was the right section to post something of this nature. (or a PM to staff would have gained a bit more traction on a more serious note, but it behooves you to portray your position on the matter in a more serious and polite manner, instead of literally flaming our community)

On a more serious note as well as an addendum to Skitt's post:

If you see an SO purposefully ignoring blatant racism on the server they're supposed to be moderating, you should definitely report them. Shit's their job.

As for other admins, they're not obligated to enforce the rule if they're not an SO. They should because it's the right thing to do, but they don't have too. Although if you see them selectively kicking / banning some people being racist but not others, you should probably report that.

When I'm on the servers, I warn for any use of the N word (or variations on it).

If the intent is to be racist (vs just saying it), then they will receive a harsher punishment.

I have kicked and banned people for repeatedly using it, both in a racist, and non racist way.

As others have said, we do take it seriously, but most of the time, a stern warning will solve the issue (at least until the admins leave)

It's purely a problem of admins enforcing rules selectively. If someone is blatantly being racist, or using racist slurs, they should be dealt with. If current sG member admins are not enforcing these rules and letting people slide, staff should be notified of this. However, who the fuck wants to report an admin for not dealing with someone that simply said a racial slur with no racist intention? Obviously it is getting to you, turb, and I understand that. However, it is impossible for us, as staff, to manage every single instance of moderation on our servers. 

just to elaborate on how I, personally, view our 'no racism' server rule("Racism is by NO MEANS allowed and will be dealt with harshly after a warning"):

no racist slurs

no racist names

no loophole'esque, beat around the bush racism, in general(ex: ghoul gun names )

Every admin has there own interpretation of the rules, because that is how communication(in general) works. Admins should be following the simple warn/kick/ban procedure. If they are not, please feel free to bring it up with one of our staff members. 

A lot of the posts in this thread is straight up spam and trolling, unfortunately. If you wanted to avoid that, you should have posted in the complaint department(bringing up specific evidence of what you are saying). However, the way you type your comments about this subject completely eggs on the 'trolls' in this community. You, often times, bring it upon yourself. Nontheless, this was the right section to post something of this nature. (or a PM to staff would have gained a bit more traction on a more serious note, but it behooves you to portray your position on the matter in a more serious and polite manner, instead of literally flaming our community)

Skitt said everything I was going to say.

If you see Admins not punishing people who are breaking rules you should let me or mimic know so we can take care of them.

All the people who spammed this thread have received an infraction and have had their posts hidden, I understand that you may get frustrated with community members coming in here and spamming your serious thread, but next time try to be more serious and stay away from just flaming the people who did it.

I judge racism based on perceived intent. If someone says 'Whats good ni**a' or 'ni**a plz' then I don't really feel like they have hateful intentions and let it go. If someone says 'fuck you stupid ni**er' or something along those lines then obviously they get a ban. I try to be fair about it. 

Racism isn't allowed at all, regardless of the intent.

All racism should be handled with a warning over mic/chat, kick, ban.

I've never seen anyone kicked or banned from saying it once, only warned. If they came in the server only to cause mayhem and spew racist words everywhere, then I kick them.

The kick is their warning from me. Race bombs getting dropped merits a straight kick when I am on; it's one of the rules I take most seriously because I know that things of that nature can affect server tos depending on who we host through. Racism and the tolerance of it, from my end of the keyboard, is a potential threat to the physical well being of our community, not just the social well being.

Orly? Last time we/I asked staff if names like nice rigger were allowed they/you said ofc he's propably just a truck driver driving a nice rig. LOL.. It's not admins not willing to enforce rules it's cause of staff themselves letting stuff like this slide and not having a unified stance on stuff like this. :)

Orly? Last time we/I asked staff if names like nice rigger were allowed they/you said ofc he's propably just a truck driver driving a nice rig. LOL.. It's not admins not willing to enforce rules it's cause of staff themselves letting stuff like this slide and not having a unified stance on stuff like this. :)

I hope you aren't talking about me, because I never said that. In fact I have made that player change his name multiple times when I have been in the server and I have told the SO's to do the same as well.

I hope you aren't talking about me, because I never said that. In fact I have made that player change his name multiple times when I have been in the server and I have told the SO's to do the same as well.

wasn't directed to anyone specifically just pointing out that if you are divided on the matter ofc admins are gonna let some of it slide too

When ever somebody says it around me, friend or not, they are banned, I don't care if they are popular, if it was an accident... if we let it off once or twice then eventually everyone will start doing it.

sometimes shit will slip through, rigger is a job in the military and we had nice riggers and riggers that got you killed, as a point of fact I was a rigger for 3 years. We as staff can't always determine if someone is being racist. therefore, the blatant uses get taken care of much quicker than the cases that are less obvious. You also have young guys as SOs who might not even know something is racist. this is a COMMUNITY help people out, report offenses, click the report button on forums. 

If you'd like to make a valid point, like music freak did, do so, but star out the words. he knew it violated rules and I infracted him for it prior to editing his post. you guys have to use some common sense. we have rules, sometimes people dont catch shit and it slips through. That's why we have a report button on posts. The community can help clean things up just as easily as staff can. We have lazy (and stupid as fuck) community members just like we have lazy staff members (although most staff are actually intelligent)

Rayne is on point though, this isn't about friends or who's watching. it's about following the community rules because at some point you will be seen and punished. be happy i didnt ban each one of you with a stupid meme on this thread.

The reason my tone for this thread was of mild agitation is how this forum community treats discussions and issues within itself. If I have to get some neg reps and some troll posts to get my point across I will do it every day

idk why staff hid my post it was constructive and giving this guy an option since he brought up 0 valid points in his post that i quoted other than to flame ppl

The reason my tone for this thread was of mild agitation is how this forum community treats discussions and issues within itself. If I have to get some neg reps and some troll posts to get my point across I will do it every day

there should be no reason for you to insult the community as a whole because people don't understand what racism as defined by sG rules means.

i kick dorks all the time for breaking the rule, and my thoughts can be summed up from skitt's post but also rayne's

When ever somebody says it around me, friend or not, they are banned, I don't care if they are popular, if it was an accident... if we let it off once or twice then eventually everyone will start doing it.