Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

Recruitment "No" Votes

No Votes  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should "no" votes require an explanation ?

• Yes, a voter should be required to list why they voted no for the vote to be valid
    • No, a voter should be allowed to vote "no" without explanation.

As has been said, great intention to remove the random "no" spam

Ridiculous to implement because of the ease of bullshitting the system

So instead of dealing with the system, deal with the problem users in the system

The clan is trying to encourage referrals and recruitment with recent changes

"No" votes are necessary and as such should never be discouraged or penalized in individual voting instances

Imo: maintain positive rewards for referring members and deal with troll voters on a case by case basis

Btw when I mention rewards for referring members I'm talking about stuff like getting VIP, if you want to nominate someone for VIP it would help them get it by for example listing so many great members they personally referred. Run on sentence come at me

Pretty valid arguments on both sides of the coin. . If we don't want to tip-toe around the obvious elephant in the room (here's lookin' at you, Sakaro) then maybe staff should look into revoking people's voting privileges if they see a member habitually voting no on every recruits application just for kicks.  

I'm not for enforcing people to give reasons behind their decision. Although it would be helpful for everyone if people left reasonable criticism on why they feel the applicant shouldn't join. It really just comes down to ''I don't like you'' but voting no for no reason is bullshit.

If someone votes no and doesn't state a reason how's that person getting voted on supposed to fix their mistakes or issues they might have if the voter doesn't let them know why. In my opinion a statement with a vote no would just be helpful in my eyes. If any of that makes any sense :P

it's just kinda gay seeing a big fat  NO LOLOLOLOLOLHUEHUHUEHUEHUELOLOL without a reason, I voted ye

It just so disheartening when someone votes no without a reason.

ok so everyone keeps bashing me for "trolling" as if i really am just doing it for the lolz, i probably put more time into voting than most members who vote do, i look at their past posts, i actually read their apps, i may even go as far as play on a server just to see how they are in game and honestly you guys are bashing me because i have yet to see anything good in them? not only that but you guys say "oh but what about the community?" lol 70% of people just say yes and the other 30% say "LOL YOU FREEKILLING FEGIT" or "OMG YOU KILLWHORE" really? and you want me to take this in a positive manner? 

And yes i did write something something and voted no but it is because i did not want to write a long fucking paragraph on why i hated sean at the time and yes i said "lol no" because not only do i find icha annoying beyond belief but i don't feel like writing a fucking paragraph that at the end of the day only 2 other people are going to read. 

Also i think it is fucking hilarious how so many people are bashing me for apparently not taking this seriously when most people don't, you bash me for actually taking time on apps while several member just see an app and if they are positive, a friend voted yes, or they have something against a player who voted no they will simply vote yes. 

TLDR: get off your horse because it seems 2 high 4 u 

In my own opinion we shouldn't have to give reason for our votes, they're OUR votes and we can use them however we please

There are SOME exceptions where I can see why some people want a VALID reason from CERTAIN people

ok so everyone keeps bashing me for "trolling" as if i really am just doing it for the lolz, i probably put more time into voting than most members who vote do, i look at their past posts, i actually read their apps, i may even go as far as play on a server just to see how they are in game and honestly you guys are bashing me because i have yet to see anything good in them? not only that but you guys say "oh but what about the community?" lol 70% of people just say yes and the other 30% say "LOL YOU FREEKILLING FEGIT" or "OMG YOU KILLWHORE" really? and you want me to take this in a positive manner? 

And yes i did write something something and voted no but it is because i did not want to write a long fucking paragraph on why i hated sean at the time and yes i said "lol no" because not only do i find icha annoying beyond belief but i don't feel like writing a fucking paragraph that at the end of the day only 2 other people are going to read. 

Also i think it is fucking hilarious how so many people are bashing me for apparently not taking this seriously when most people don't, you bash me for actually taking time on apps while several member just see an app and if they are positive, a friend voted yes, or they have something against a player who voted no they will simply vote yes. 

Seems like you're the on on the high horse, you vote no on every app so you try to find  a reason to try to convince yourself that you put the time and effort in for the vote but in the end you're just a troll that votes no on every app regardless of who they are and what they've done

If anyone gets voting taken away it should be you, I mean everyone votes yes OR no on an app but your just limited to a simple no for your only answer and everyone gets buttmad because you use the SMALL amount of say you have to be a total asshole.

2 Apps were rejected last month. 2 more the month before, and 4 were withdrawn, half of which (at least) would have been rejected. And it wasn't thanks to your constant no votes. All you do is artificially raise the vote count required to 62 (Now 52).

Honestly I don't see what the big deal with Sakaro is. He may initially vote no but he changes his vote to a yes if he likes what he sees. One no vote isn't going to keep a good recruit out of the clan.

Yes

When I go to vote on someone's app and they play a server I don't play on at all, I go by what the community has to say, and the support the person has from the community. If people are just voting no for no reason at all,and just trolling, it could possibly influence someone to vote no, when the person in recruitment period could actually be a good player on the server.

The same thing could be said for letting shitty players in. As the number of idiots in the clan increases, so does the potential for even more idiots to get in. It's an exponential curve.

I say all votes should require at least one sentence of explanation, even if it is complete bullshit.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal with Sakaro is. He may initially vote no but he changes his vote to a yes if he likes what he sees. One no vote isn't going to keep a good recruit out of the clan.

You have obviously not seen him vote

He votes no regardless

The same thing could be said for letting shitty players in. As the number of idiots in the clan increases, so does the potential for even more idiots to get in. It's an exponential curve.

I say all votes should require at least one sentence of explanation, even if it is complete bullshit.

But if its complete bullshit, what exactly is the point. Isn't the whole idea behind the discussion to provide viable reason for voting no? Is this "complete bullshit" viable? If I were voting I would rather write nothing opposed to a bunch of fluff. That would really defeat the purpose they are proposing.

He voted yes on two apps last month. :|

Here's the first page of apps in the archive 

His yes votes: 4

His no votes: 15

Apps he didn't vote on: 5

I did include some apps that were withdrawn but only because they were far enough in the voting stage to count 

Just because he voted yes on your app doesn't mean he isn't a troll and deserves voting pillages. Keep in mind this is only the first page not the rest which will eventually add up against him also

I have now changed my vote on giving a reason, It shouldn't be that hard to maybe write 4 words to describe why either you chose yes or no

/>/> />

You have obviously not seen him vote

He votes no regardless

So he should just let random ppl get his votes cause it's the general consensus? Naww mang if he doesn't like the people then I'd give him the right to vote no... It really seems more like you are just jumping on the bandwagon too :P

Atleast he gave a reason on your app :P

/>i am voting no because i remember some time ago you were abusing your admin and acting like a total dick to everybody on jailbreak going as far as bending rules or simply taking the word of a random over a serious jb player, i don't know if this is how you actually act and are just hiding this side of you until you get into the clan or if it was just one of those days, but because i have seen that side of your more than once, i will be voting no

Edited by xmen

So he should just let random ppl get his votes cause it's the general consensus? Naww mang if he doesn't like the people then I'd give him the right to vote no... It really seems more like you are just jumping on the bandwagon too :P

Atleast he gave a reason on your app :P

Bandwagon my ass cheek I've been bitching about this long before this thread was made 

If he doesn't know the person then he shouldn't vote no? That's what the abstain option is there for, also the reason on my app was a complete and utter lie but I wasn't going to call him out on my own thread. I was in teamspeak with everyone and we talked about how he just made that up to make me look worse

If it passes that someone needs to have a reason for voting no, I think they should be able to explain why without having any kind of repercussion even if it's a dumb reason.

Other than that, I don't care.

Edited by Velo

As someone who got a no vote from Sakaro, it didn't bother me at all. The guy doesn't know me, clearly didn't view my post history and had never played with me, but in the end if 1 vote is what keeps me out, I probably need to change some other things. Just because it is easy to catch him with the no votes doesn't mean others aren't giving yes votes for no reason, so consider that when you bash him.

As to community based votes, I think voters just need to take personal responsibility. I don't want yes votes if you haven't read my posts or played with me, I want yes votes because either in game play or in the forums you found me to be a positive for the community as a whole. In the end it is up to the voter to hold themselves accountable not staff. It will become quickly apparent who the voters are that aren't doing the right thing.

Perhaps a requirement for positive karma on the forums and the rest of the community can enforce standards via down and up votes.

Just a thought.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

I don't have to explain why I voted for something elsewhere. Then again this is to let somebody into our community.

On the other hand, my explanation could always be "because he sucks" or simply "I voted no because I don't like his forum name," all without even having played with the applicant on a server and or saw a post of the applicant.

basically, voting "no" should be legitimate for whatever reason you choose and should not have to be explained.