Sign in to follow this  
Sith

Getting admin back

31 minutes ago, LindsayLoo said:

Yeah, only for CSGO. Zach has said L3 wont get it on GMod.

Since when does Zach's word supersede rank permissions created by the community that we are all a part of?

I don't really care if I get admin off of rank technicalities or because it's the logical thing to do. It's obvious that Gmod needs some attention and all the people who are in the position to do so are neglecting their obligations.

Zach said he will most likely add it back to admins on gmod because of the fact that it needs attention, although he said is currently busy and will check it out tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Sakarra said:

Zach said he will most likely add it back to admins on gmod because of the fact that it needs attention, although he said is currently busy and will check it out tomorrow.

Sick, thanks.

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

yo @shikaku why are you being a little bitch just wondering

hope you get your admin sith

admins a privilege not a right. If the core issue is having active admins on Gmod TTT then that is a separate issue. Maybe sending Zach a message on the forums/steam advising that you were interested in server officer or  at least basic admin so you can help monitor the server would've been a better route instead of making a thread demanding admin, but that's just my opinion. Either way the main issue is finding people who are available/willing to monitor a server.

Also from the few current/former staff members I talked to about this issue all have agreed that admin from ranks has always been only CS:S/CS:GO and not Gmod. I'm sure it would've been better to specify in the rank system which game you got admin or at least saying that admin would be available for both games, that would've solved this issue.

Sith was the hardest working SO on GMOD and since the beginning of time Zach has used his discretion to give admin to regular members and non-members. In this case, I believe Zach should use his discretion in the favor of Sith. If anyone is willing to make a case against this, I'd be more than happy to debate it. Ultimately, its up to Zach, and I hope he chooses to give Sith admin if hes willing to volunteer his time while on the server.

16 minutes ago, shikaku said:

admins a privilege not a right. If the core issue is having active admins on Gmod TTT then that is a separate issue. Maybe sending Zach a message on the forums/steam advising that you were interested in server officer or  at least basic admin so you can help monitor the server would've been a better route instead of making a thread demanding admin, but that's just my opinion. Either way the main issue is finding people who are available/willing to monitor a server.

Also from the few current/former staff members I talked to about this issue all have agreed that admin from ranks has always been only CS:S/CS:GO and not Gmod. I'm sure it would've been better to specify in the rank system which game you got admin or at least saying that admin would be available for both games, that would've solved this issue.

I agree, admin is a privilege. It is a privilege given to L3 and above. If there is an unwritten rule about Gmod being excluded from the basic admin package of L3, then that should either be abolished, or we change the rank to reflect that Gmod L3 members don't get admin.

That's kind of my argument so I'm confused as to whether you're supporting me or attacking my argument.

This evolved to political BS like usual but the fact remains is that there are not enough people moderating Gmod and I am asking to be someone to fill that position as best I can, as I have in the past.

6 minutes ago, Sith said:

I agree, admin is a privilege. It is a privilege given to L3 and above. If there is an unwritten rule about Gmod being excluded from the basic admin package of L3, then that should either be abolished, or we change the rank to reflect that Gmod L3 members don't get admin.

That's kind of my argument so I'm confused as to whether you're supporting me or attacking my argument.

This evolved to political BS like usual but the fact remains is that there are not enough people moderating Gmod and I am asking to be someone to fill that position as best I can, as I have in the past.

I support that you want to help the server, the issue I had was the way you approached the situation, it just looked like you were demanding admin due to rank. 

Like I said this just brings to light the two core issues, needing active admins and the ranking system clarifying whether you get admin for just cs:s or gmod as well.

10 hours ago, shikaku said:

1) It wasn't a demand

2) There was 0 reason for you to start shit via downrep brigade, if you'd have stated your opinion instead of doing that, I wouldn't have called you out on your bullshit.

Yeah Shikaku, I think you're misenterpreting the entire situation.

At no point in time he said "HEY LISTEN FUCKERS I NEED MY ADMIN AND I DESERVE IT."

If you attempted to log in a server, and didn't have your admin, you would probably do the same thing, instead of saying "Oh my privilege is removed, guess that's it for me boys"

8 minutes ago, Mark from Facebook said:

"HEY LISTEN FUCKERS I NEED MY ADMIN AND I DESERVE IT."

@Sith should’ve just said this LUL

The GMod and CSGO side of sG has always been different. Rules that pertain to CSGO don't always pertain to GMod. For instance, CSGO people get harped on for "You better wear your tags if you're an SO!". Then for GMod, I think the last time I wore my tags was like 4 months ago. We're the same community, but at the same time different in our game servers.

I agree with ya Sith, I believe either L3's should get some basic admin, OR maybe if you were an SO for say over a year or so, and you stepped down due to life issues or something that isn't bad, you should deserve an "Ex-SO" admin privilege rank so when you do hop on the server, you can help out with the chaos RDM.

Which by the way, do you not have enough hours or posts or something to be an L5 or VET? You joined sG before me so if you do have those requirements, I would apply for L5 at least so you can get your free admin. Nice seeing you again man!

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Which by the way, do you not have enough hours or posts or something to be an L5 or VET?

Rank apps are a pain in the ass.

Also to clarify a few things, I was absolutely demanding admin because due to the ranking formats, I was under the impression that I should have had it. I had ex-SO basic admin privileges (after I stepped down as SO) which aren't officially a thing so it seemed ludicrous to me that someone we have written down on "paper" is suddenly invalid because of how one person feels about it.

Furthermore, I did actively reach out to Lindsay but turns out they're not adviser anymore, so then I reached out to Orange* who then contacted Zach. I created the forum post as a more permanent paper trail to refer to.

EDIT: Cause it wouldn't be a Sith post if I didn't meme

qfYemtk.png

Edited by Sith