Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimic

Community Update 6/28/18

Hi everyone,

As promised (though later than I'd like), here is a quick Staff update focusing mostly on changes related to Advisors and Recruitment Officers. Our goal with these changes and changes in the near future is to maximize Staff activity on our servers and the community. In addition to these changes, we are hoping for more applicants to fill additional positions, mainly server Advisor positions. Lastly, we are planning this to be the beginning of a few incremental Staff changes, so please stay tuned for them in the (hopefully near) future.

Next, I would like to go over the changes to Staff. First, I would like to thank Fugner, Dakka, and Lindsay who have stepped down for their time put into Staff and the community overall, and wish them the best of luck in the future. In addition, I am sad to announce the departure of the following members of Staff:

• Jeff the Flying Shark
  • Pike

Lastly, I am pleased to announce the addition of the following members being added to the Recruitment Officer team:

• Sakkara
  • Beat

Furthermore, I am pleased to announce the following members will be joining Staff working with ZachPL on our Garry’s Mod servers:

• The Ben
  • Thew

Henceforth, I am delighted to declare that we've reallocated resources in our staff team and put Karma to good use. She will be our new GMOD Engineer!

- Mimic

P.S. Staff Applications are also open and can be found here. We are always looking for Engineers as well as Recruitment Officers, so feel free to drop in an application if you are interested. In addition, if you are interested in assisting in a Advisor role for a server, please drop in an application as well.

Woof 

Congrats to everyone who did so much for the servers, and congrats to all the new Staff members!

Congrats Sakarra, Ben, and Thew !

Rip Pike.

Thanks for your work on JB and making it a fun sever to play on.

Don't know why Garry's Mod would need two advisors. I also have not had good experiences with Ben, remembering one particular incident where he blatantly lied to Lindsay about Canadian Bill's lying/abusive actions in response to an incident between us.

20 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Don't know why Garry's Mod would need two advisors. I also have not had good experiences with Ben, remembering one particular incident where he blatantly lied to Lindsay about Canadian Bill's lying/abusive actions in response to an incident between us.

People tend to change, Jerry. 

3 minutes ago, Gerald said:

This was three or four months ago.

Sure, my point stands. As far as I know, they seem like good kids who are active on our servers and want to see them flourish. I don’t see an issue here. 

57 minutes ago, Gerald said:

I never liked bill like that and I told Lindsay idk LUL

Sad to see pike and so many members of the staff team I knew step down/Demoted.

Pike was definitely one of my favorite Advisor’s.

No offense other Advisor’s

2 hours ago, Gerald said:

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Sure, my point stands. As far as I know, they seem like good kids who are active on our servers and want to see them flourish. I don’t see an issue here. 

I don’t remember having any bad experience with Ben. Heck, I really haven’t talked to him much since the past month or so, but he seems like a good kid wanting to help out our GMod servers. 1-2 years ago I would have wanted his position so badly, but I believe Ben and Thew both are the best picks due to them having the time to help out the server.

Hopefully our TTT servers will bump back up in population here in the near future!