Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rem

Teachers who can't control their class

In a previous thread, I mentioned that I was going to high school. Now that I'm two days in, I can say that I like almost every one of my teachers. However, my Spanish teacher makes me question how she was able to keep her job. It's not that she is mean or rude, it's that she can't control her class. I'm one of four freshman in my class, with everyone else being a sophomore and junior. Despite them being higher class men than, most of the class just does whatever they want. They're loud, annoying, and just plain rude. One student even tried to ditch class. All the teacher does is just tell them to not do it again. No additional punishments. Meanwhile me and the other freshmen are trying to learn. It should be noted that the school I attend shares its campus with another school. The former being a school for the gifted while the latter is a regular high school. I don't know if the Spanish program is shared between both school, which I doubt, but that doesn't matter if a majority of kids in the class are acting like monkeys. The fact the teacher can't control her class is making me worried for the upcoming year.

ive had a couple of these classes 

honestly do your best in the zoo

ive had a teacher have a full mental breakdown

Welcome to public schooling. Literally ignore 99% of the shit that goes down, minus math and science, you'll need that. Everything else is garbage and you'll forget everything and everyone within 1 year of any secondary education.

Teachers don't get paid enough to give that much of a shit or even remotely deal with it, Sophomores and Juniors are still really immature. They're teenagers, can't expect much out of them.

They want to have fun so they have fun

Don't blame the teacher, blame your asshole classmates. If a teacher so much as looks at a kid wrong nowadays they can lose their job b/c some trash parents.

Tell them to cut the shit yourself, be that guy, that's what I did in highschool. They'll probably yell at you but it's only because they're embarassed. Usually they'll stop or at least tone it down after that.

Another option, especially if it's really affecting your ability to focus, is to talk to the teacher yourself, remember she's been dealing with this for years so she's probably been desensitized to it.

But as everyone else said, this is really just highschool lol. Even if the guys in your class were to be expelled there'd be another group to replace them within a day. You will learn to ignore it.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, Velo said:

Don't blame the teacher, blame your asshole classmates. If a teacher so much as looks at a kid wrong nowadays they can lose their job b/c some trash parents.

this is true, my friend of his friend got his teacher fired because they all hated her. I dont know the full story I just heard a summary of it

Just now, infested marine said:

this is true, my friend of his friend got his teacher fired because they all hated her. I dont know the full story I just heard a summary of it

That's fucked up. Kids think ooo it's just a job... until they get thrown in to the real world after high school and realize you need a job to pay your bills that mommy and daddy aren't going to pay for you. (Which is probably where the 'living in parents' basement until you're 40, playing CSGO all day and smoking weed' mentality comes from, this is a subject for another discussion though.) Most teachers are pretty broke. You take their job away, their home and other assets could potentially be lost. Guilt the hell out of those motherfuckers.

Ditching class in high school what? I mean.. I never did that and 80% of other high schoolers didn't either

I'm lying I skipped 1/3 of a semester. Who the hell doesn't do that. Also normally the kids who screw around either fail or have good grades. I skipped a 1/3 of a semester but also got an A in my class. The good ol' Chemistry class god I miss high school.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

On 8/5/2017 at 6:14 PM, Rem said:

In a previous thread, I mentioned that I was going to high school. Now that I'm two days in, I can say that I like almost every one of my teachers. However, my Spanish teacher makes me question how she was able to keep her job. It's not that she is mean or rude, it's that she can't control her class. I'm one of four freshman in my class, with everyone else being a sophomore and junior. Despite them being higher class men than, most of the class just does whatever they want. They're loud, annoying, and just plain rude. One student even tried to ditch class. All the teacher does is just tell them to not do it again. No additional punishments. Meanwhile me and the other freshmen are trying to learn. It should be noted that the school I attend shares its campus with another school. The former being a school for the gifted while the latter is a regular high school. I don't know if the Spanish program is shared between both school, which I doubt, but that doesn't matter if a majority of kids in the class are acting like monkeys. The fact the teacher can't control her class is making me worried for the upcoming year.

Similarly, I had a French teacher in high school who had issues with controlling certain aspects of the classroom and students. When even one troublemaker acted out, it was hard to get the lesson back on track. It was hard to learn things and even stay interested in the lessons. If I were you, I would go talk to your adviser ASAP. Say what you have to say, be as honest as possible. Hopefully they can fit you into a different class before the year really gets going.

Just sit back and enjoy it, honestly, if the teacher can't control their class, it's a pretty easy class for you as long as you aren't one of the many threats to their authority, just go through the class with your head down, your teacher will notice, and it'll be an easy A while your teacher might just straight up be failing those disruptive students. 

You're always gonna have those selected teachers who either don't give a crap and/or too timid to do anything. I had a history teacher who would had taught his first lesson for about half the year repetitively over and over and wouldn't cover any more material. So you could get a gist of how most of the students paid no attention and pretty much would talk to each other for the hr being there.