Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fps_trucka

Basic LR Plugin [FEEDBACK]

Currently working on a basic LR plug in so admins aren't always needed on the server. Eventually I plan on making it more complex but for now, what would you all like to see? Is there any specific basic LR you want included? Now is the time to ask and most likely you will receive (unless it's stupid). 

I'm sure others will have great LRs and I think we should keep them basic as possible.

BUT I just want to say, you will be the Savior of JB. I just know it.

I like the idea, but will it automatically activate upon last terrorist alive or will they have to use a command? In either case, a text prompt in the middle of the screen or in the chat (IN ALL RED CAPS) should remind them that they can have a custom LR if they so choose. If you want people for testing, hit me up, I have more free time because my job gives me less hours (but pays me more than my last job LUL).

Oh, and I think there should be some penalty for using the automatic/command way instead of the custom way. For example, if someone decides they don't care for warden approval, they can have a zombie freeday with a catch. They will be forced by the console to move at a zombie's pace at all times and unable to fire weapons, press buttons, jump, or climb ladders due to their lack of intelligence. This should give some incentive to asking for a zombie freeday directly from the warden instead of relying on plugins in order to keep custom LR's alive and well. Of course, they should be able to read all of the conditions of using the command in our gloriously unused and largely ignored MOTD. Conditions won't apply to basics, obviously because warden's have no say in it either.

Some kind of race. On another server they had a microwave race where you have to push the microwave to the finish line and whoever got it there first won (got to kill the other person). Seemed pretty fun.

Just now, Imperium said:

Some kind of race. On another server they had a microwave race where you have to push the microwave to the finish line and whoever got it there first won (got to kill the other person). Seemed pretty fun.

That sounds like a waste of an LR tbh you complete all the map games survive wardens cruelty just to get an LR that makes you play another game where u can die.. 

But yeah as they said above you should include all the basic LR's if possible and the basic FD where it give's you just the beacon.

Rebelling T's don't get LR so we can't have something that activates when only 1 T is left alive and have the T use !LR.  The plugin would have to be used by warden instead when there is 1-3 T's left (I've heard the unwritten rule is that up to 3 T's can get LR).  The warden can type !LR or !warden then select LR.  

Basic LR command should have

S4S (Give all T's and CT's deagles)

gun toss (Give all T's and CT's deagles)

FD nr (Beacon the T nr) -This probably would be the hardest to try and keep track of the T and only activate next round but it would be the best.  Problem though is how to unbeacon since there are no admins, do we give warden beacon ability that could be open to abuse? Though I say we could just add a rule that warden cannot abuse that command.

In other servers it is common for the last T to type !lr. However I forget how they do it.

Prestige Gaming has an LR plugin, I'll have to go and see how its used if you're rebelling and the last T -- I don't believe the warden gets to accept it or not. So we might want to look at Revoker's option where the warden can set up the Last Request.

Just now, Travesty said:

In other servers it is common for the last T to type !lr. However I forget how they do it.

Prestige Gaming has an LR plugin, I'll have to go and see how its used if you're rebelling and the last T -- I don't believe the warden gets to accept it or not. So we might want to look at Revoker's option where the warden can set up the Last Request.

yea on other servers ive seen players hide in their cell waiting till they can type !lr. thats the one problem i have with a plugin.

Just now, Travesty said:

Just now, Dr Pepper said:

yea on other servers ive seen players hide in their cell waiting till they can type !lr. thats the one problem i have with a plugin.

The plan was for warden to have to click accept or decline per request. Also I can always add a revoke command to the warden menu but it might get abused? Also if you have a dick warden he could just decline everything. So idk

Just now, fps_trucka said:

The plan was for warden to have to click accept or decline per request. Also I can always add a revoke command to the warden menu but it might get abused? 

that sounds good. i would think if you don't add custom lrs there wouldn't be a need for a revoke command.

that sounds good. i would think if you don't add custom lrs there wouldn't be a need for a revoke command.

Like I said one of the options is to click custom lr and he types what he wants if admin is on

Just now, Booch said:

Like I said one of the options is to click custom lr and he types what he wants if admin is on

What's the point when he can ask the admin/warden directly? 

I would suggest having it ask the current warden if the T gets an LR, if they click yes, then they are presented with a menu to choose basic LR's, or then can then ask for a complex one.  Unless changed, basic LR's can't be denied, so if you have warden 'approve' them getting an LR to begin with (aka not rebelling T), and the T chooses a basic LR, then it should be accepted automatically.
You can also expand this system to custom LR's as a separate menu, that goes back to the warden for approval since it would be non basic (ninja fd for example).  If you really want to be fancy it will ask any admins (or probably limit it to staff/SO's) if they want to veto it.

TL;DR:

Last T -> Warden selects if he gets LR -> If yes, T gets to pick from either "Basic" "Complex" or "Custom" LR menu.

Basic -> T selects LR it's auto accepted

Complex -> T selects -> Warden gets to accept or deny

Custom -> Menu goes away and warden / admin do LR as they would now.

Just now, ctark said:

I would suggest having it ask the current warden if the T gets an LR, if they click yes, then they are presented with a menu to choose basic LR's, or then can then ask for a custom one.  Unless changed, basic LR's can't be denied, so if you have warden 'approve' them getting an LR to begin with (aka not rebelling T), and the T chooses a basic LR, then it should be accepted automatically.
You can also expand this system to custom LR's as a separate menu, that goes back to the warden for approval since it would be non basic (ninja fd for example).  If you really want to be fancy it will ask any admins (or probably limit it to staff/SO's) if they want to veto it.

Good input ctark. I plan on eventually incorporating a non basic list but as you listed my one issue with that atm is how do I get the plugin to target specifically an admin. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.  Anyways thanks for the advice I'll most likely be doing what you suggested. 

19 minutes ago, fps_trucka said:

Good input ctark. I plan on eventually incorporating a non basic list but as you listed my one issue with that atm is how do I get the plugin to target specifically an admin. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.  Anyways thanks for the advice I'll most likely be doing what you suggested. 

Easiest way would be to cycle through active players and search for ones that have the correct admin flag, when one matches you save it to an array and then target all in that array with your message / approval request.

You can have it look for different admin flags for different levels of admin (rank, basic, prem, SO, Staff ect)

The easiest way to do this is just have it have basic LRs that admins can't deny. Then they can always use it whether admins are on or not. Just do a check if Ts == 1, /LR continues, otherwise Plugin_Handled. If you need any help with it just lemme know.

Problem with it asking current warden, is the majority of time a warden isn't assigned, is the incorrect person, etc. The only issue is if they're rebelling, or there is last CT and they don't want to give LR. 

make it so that the warden whomever it is has the option to activate it so that if the last t is a rebeller they don't just get an auto Lr and also make it so that the warden has to confirm the Lr though a command so that they don't just pick and Lr and slay then get it the next round.

Some Lrs to include that i was thinking of.

Regular FD, Beacons the T next round Prints message telling cts in chat.

Zombie FD, Colors T green and beacons them also prints message warning cts in chat.

Panda FD, Beacons T  and also Prints message warning cts in chat.

Wind FD, Beacons T and also Prints message warning cts in chat.

S4S, Give everyone a deagle.

Gun Toss, gives everyone an empty deagle.

Ninja Fd, Sets Ninja on the Player and Prints message warning cts in chat.

Sonic Fd, Sets sonic an a player and Prints message warning cts in chat.

Low Gravity Fd, Sets gravity on a player and Prints message warning cts in chat.

Thats all i think should be included IMO, otherwise have an admin be needed because those LR's are almost accepted 100% of the time, unless an admin is salty for some reason.

4 hours ago, ctark said:

Last T -> Warden selects if he gets LR -> If yes, T gets to pick from either "Basic" "Complex" or "Custom" LR menu.

Basic -> T selects LR it's auto accepted

Complex -> T selects -> Warden gets to accept or deny

Custom -> Menu goes away and warden / admin do LR as they would now.

Something like this is what i was thinking also