Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheShovL

JailBreak Server Seriously needs some support.

Hello everyone, For the past month or so(today is April 4th) The sG JB server has had a Serious lack of population. It can't be because people have grown to dislike jb, because many other jailbreak servers are still possible. And I refuse to believe that it is because the Syndicate Gamers community has given up on jb. I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have specific reasons for recent lack of activity or if there was something big that sent it downhill I have just missed... Hope to get more people playing and see you all soon.

10th jb is dead thread we should make it a meme

I don't think anyone read it as sarcasm sorry

Just now, Booch said:

10th jb is dead thread we should make it a meme

This should never be a meme. It is just sad, nothing more.

Jb used to be a very nice server it is saddening to see it with no pop.

Just now, TheShovL said:

Hello everyone, For the past month or so(today is April 4th) The sG JB server has had a Serious lack of population. It can't be because people have grown to dislike jb, because many other jailbreak servers are still possible. And I refuse to believe that it is because the Syndicate Gamers community has given up on jb. I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have specific reasons for recent lack of activity or if there was something big that sent it downhill I have just missed... Hope to get more people playing and see you all soon.

Last summer the pop was doing just fine, so maybe since it isn't summer anymore people may have less time on their hands to go and play on the server.

Just now, Sponsored said:

Last summer the pop was doing just fine, so maybe since it isn't summer anymore people may have less time on their hands to go and play on the server.

Agreed. It was super pop'ed. As the school year got closer and closer that pop droped though. I'd say November is when it was really starting to die.

Just now, Jodas said:

This should never be a meme. It is just sad, nothing more.

Jb used to be a very nice server it is saddening to see it with no pop.

it's one of the saddest moments I have witnessed other than cows leaving bc someone says he was stupid.

leaving as in disconnecting

Just now, Sponsored said:

From a graph i saw recently it was one of our worst summers apparently. And even during spring break the server was dead. There isn't really 1 single answer to blame it's a big mix of stuff. But we are in the process of trying to revive the server. Stick around my man. I know as soon as I'm done with some homework right now I'm getting on.

Just saying one problem is terrible wardens who don't make it fun or who are just wardening or ct for the points

That Is a problem and I understand the other issues with less free time as it's not break time off school. But it has to be something bigger, I have seen 6 people on in the past 2 weeks it used to be more than that in a few days. Something has to be wrong with the community. Are you guys sure nothing has gone wrong, nobody important has gotten mad recently right?

We just need people to help populate it. If we get a few people for a while we will start to gain more regulars in my opinion. Therefore we will gain more population over time.

Saying that it isn't summer isn't an excuse.

To be able to keep a consistent population over time, you need to be adding new players as well and keep old ones around. 

Point is that plenty of people play jailbreak servers, we just need to develop a new philosophy on how to get people to play our server. 

A re-build on JB is an idea. 

I'm working on populating JB, but these past couple days I've been busy with a lot of things relating to my new job and other issues. I'll be trying to get some people on tomorrow if you want to come play.

Jailbreak died in part because it was always the same select people doing literally everything to keep the server going. That's not healthy for the long term of health of a server and it's going to show when they go inactive or are too busy.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

Jailbreak died in part because it was always the same select people doing literally everything to keep the server going. That's not healthy for the long term of health of a server and it's going to show when they go inactive or are too busy.

And also because it became stale. It was just a warden bringing you outside of cells then to a long cat long drop then to 1 more map game. And that would take 8 minutes to do.

There are rarely rounds that you can consider new or fresh. We need more maps with open spaces to allow our admins to think of creative things to play while they are warden. Jailbreak becomes stale when you play the same map games over and over again.

Keep the maps that our members made, such as yourself and thorgot and remove maps that get over played (at least temporarily). This could spark some creativity from people playing CT and bring something fresh to the server.

The map makers in the community are amazing and the new games you guys create are fantastic! But for the rest of the maps we play, we have to rely on wardens to make it new and exciting for the rest of the people playing and I think we need to focus on ways we can make it easier for wardens to create that environment.

This is sad for me since this is the sever I first played on when I got csgo and also first sever for sG. but as We get closer to summer it will slowly get more popular.

Speaking of re-poping JB yesterday I worked my ass off to get some people on and it did work we had a steady stream of about 20 people, mostly regulars from our servers but i did notice there were about 5-6 new players, I feel like if we can sustain a steady stream of just our players at a mid-level to high number not maxed out though then we could have a chance at Jumpstarting the server again and when i say steady stream I don't mean 30/40 i mean like 20-25 cause people don't want to be in a server full of people screaming like CSGO normally is.

That being said we have to set things up before that is even possible like fixing small things here and there, and I know there is a big problem with the skins for players that didn't have them pre-downloaded make both the T and CT skins all black for some odd reason I believe @Jodas has found a solution for it and posted it somewhere but no admins have responded I believe.   

Also I know @Grayson Levi being the good and hopeful SO he is has been attempting to populate it, but i don't see any other SO's ever on or even trying to do this besides him not only do I think we need to fix up and add things to the server we need to talk to the admins running the server and telling them that if they choose to be SO for a server and that server starts to die what they need to do is not abandon the server and say oh well fuck it thats dead might as well use my power over here now, I think that they should be trying to populate the server again.

I hope you guys realize a lot of regulars are in school rn that's just what I'm saying I haven't played lately being buried in homework and being sick

Just now, Booch said:

I hope you guys realize a lot of regulars are in school rn that's just what I'm saying I haven't played lately being buried in homework and being sick

The Jailbreak population has always dwindled during the months after the summer, but usually rebounds during the winter and is back to normal by spring.

It's now an empty server that's not being played unless someone mass invites their friends list. The last time the problem was this serious was back in 2011, and it took a new game to revitalize our Jailbreak community.

Just now, EL_PATRON said:

Bring back all the css maps, remove the new

I would love to port more CSS maps and contemplated doing so, but the issue is that CSGO JB is mini game centric whereas CSS was usually warden antics.

I've found that when an old CSS map with minimal mini games like Prison Break is nominated, it's almost always immediately RTVed because the warden can't find any mini games to use. I more often than not, needed to add new mini games to the CSS maps I ported because the map would otherwise be RTVed without them.

On the bright side, the maps that we do have hand in are usually very well received. Maps created or edited by sG people have gone on to be the most popular maps by other communities.

Off the top of my head:

1) We've lost any European presence. I feel like this was necessary as it transitioned population, and never left us at 0. Our mornings / early afternoons used to have a solid population that transitioned into people playing when getting home from school/work.

2) A lot of our veteran players don't have the same amount of time to game anymore. I for example still enjoy JB when there are people there. But I have a family, a real job, etc. and I find myself very rarely in there at 0 players inviting people. Even if there are players, I find myself more often spending what time I do have playing another game that friends are playing, because I have to be more selective what I do with that time.

3) JB has historically been the server to take a hit when we introduce new games. Whether that be rust, TTT (GMOD), or TTTGO, a lot of our players will leave, and (historically) came back. I don't know if that'll happen or not.

4) I know quite a few people are honestly just tired of CSGO/JB in general.

5) Our community, and even some staff (cough crobat cough), publicly bashes JB. This wasn't so much a big deal when it was thriving, and honestly I've seen it toned back, but it doesn't help a server come back.

6) When the population is going, our regulars/older members treat newer (not necessarily even young players) like garbage. They typically don't show a welcoming attitude, yelling at the slightest misstep on CT side, or being particularly harsh with punishments.

And from thorgot

7) The rules and plugins we use drive away JB players from other servers. I've been playing on other JB servers the last few months and CT queue plugins and not requiring "no detours or delays" is standard on every other server besides ours. I understand that it is "tradition" at this point but what use is "tradition" if the server is empty because wardens don't want to waste half of the round saying "no detours or delays"? I have mixed feelings about the other two features that are almost universal: LR plugins and AFK Freeze commands. If you've ever tried warden without having to say "no detours or delays" you'll understand what I mean when I say that it makes the game mode more fun.

8) Some servers have weapon skin plugins, despite Valve's policy. This is obviously a draw to certain people, but it's only part of the issue. Some of the largest servers do not use said plugins.

As we've stated, we're doing what we can to bring it back. But it's not a simple one step solution. 

2 hours ago, Juice Box said:

This is sad for me since this is the sever I first played on when I got csgo and also first sever for sG. but as We get closer to summer it will slowly get more popular.

I miss teaching you the ways of JB Juice Box.

Just now, Kim said:

I miss teaching you the ways of JB Juice Box.

I miss the  ways of the Kim and having fun  countless hours of fun but now it's just like an hour then poor everyone's gone. P.S. Thanks for the name @Kim