Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

An Update

Hello,

As some of you may know, academics and other real life events have taking up most of my time as of late. While I've tried my best to stay involved with sG alongside my other commitments, it has been increasingly difficult. For the next 8 weeks, I will also be virtually non-existent around here (which has become the case anyways) studying in preparation for my first round of boards. I don't think it is fair to the community and other staff to remain in my position with my current and future level of activity.

I've been in sG since 2008 (here is a fun trip down memory lane at a time where recruitment was much simpler: http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/8761-xklarks-app-accepted/). Users have come and gone since then, but as a whole, sG has been a second family for me. Throughout my tenure on staff, I've seen this community evolve and collapse several times (its a miracle this place is still around). I've been fortunate to be involved in something that has been so great and so cancer at the same time -- but that is what makes sG unique. Just as sG has changed in the past, it will continue to adapt and grow. With my step down, I hope that someone else (HoboInArmy) can take up the role with new motivation, new drive, and new ideas. Innovation and creativity has been key in establishing sG in the CSGO/GMOD community (see War3, ZE, JB, and TTT) and has brought thousands of people together over the years.

This has been hard for me to do. sG has been a part of a big chunk of my life, which makes it that much harder to let go. But it is time for a new chapter for me and for sG. After discussion with Eddy, Mimic, and centran, I will remain in a very limited Engineer role to help with some website management (who else is going to break everything?). I initially came onto staff long ago as an engineer so it's kind of funny to end up back here. Once I am done with my boards, I will be back around on the forums, servers, TS, and discord. 

And with that, I think I have a thread or a database to delete... See you around.

fontaine (fail klark)

You should've stepped down 24 hours ago, we could've given you some sick rep.

Congrats on your recent marriage, and GL with life!

Just now, Swed said:

First

On 3/8/2017 at 9:46 PM, Swed said:

It's truly impossible for you to be happy for another person, isn't it?

Sad.

Just now, Junzou said:

You should've stepped down 24 hours ago, we could've given you some sick rep.

Congrats on your recent marriage, and GL with life!

Way to make Klark's step down another thread where I prove you completely wrong. I was speaking to Klark while he wrote the thread and gave him my best wishes over teamspeak. Expecting something like this to happen because of my first post, I added the edit you so conveniently left out of your failure to try and shame me.

Love ya toots. Thanks for always answering my random Dr. related questions. I'll go ahead and manually add about 200 rep for you <3. 

Thanks for your dedication to sG over the years. Thanks for taking the step down when you felt you couldn't fill your role. 

Everyone +rep so we can turn rep back off. 

Thanks for everything klark, ever since I joined staff in late 2012 you've been a great friend of mine and I honestly would have permanently rage quit staff awhile ago if it wasn't for you not letting me leave.

I am glad I was able to talk you into staying as an engineer. :)

P.S I told bullet to enable rep for this post alone, it will be disabled later.

Thank you for the work you've done on staff, good luck with your future plans and everything.

I didn't post in the grats klark thread but grats on getting engaged