Sign in to follow this  
Rootbeer

sG on official Rust servers

Official Server  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an sG base on an official server?

• Yes
    • Not really, please don't kill our population =[

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting up a compound on an official server after a wipe. Rather than us shooting eachother, we can all group up and take a world together as a huge zerg. It honestly sounds fun raiding with 20+ people, or chilling in a huge base that we all work on and sleep in together. We don't even have to be on at the same time: visiting the sG headquarters on an official whenever we're in the mood sounds dope AF. Mabey you're in the mood for official but don't want to start up solo -- our base would be the perfect home for anyone in this situation, which I personally have had in the past. Some players on our servers prefer to hop in, build for a few, then hop off; others like to constantly farm and raid. An sG base on an official server would work great for both playstyles. I know some people who play on our server are also playing on official on the side -- I think it'd be awesome if everyone instead banded together and ruled a server.

The one and only downside to this might be a small loss of playtime on our server, but like above, some people are already spending time on two servers so it might not even be a loss at all. Even if you don't have the time: I've seen plenty of people chill on our server until other groupmates pm that it's raid time on an official server -- a call to arms system like that should let you play on both servers just fine since being on for raiding time or defending a base from rockets are where the major fun of Rust is at. It also means people don't have to choose between playing the two servers and can just hop on the official server whenever something's going on. Rustafied (major official server host) has monthly wipe cycles as opposed to our weekly ones -- that's plenty of time to play on our server as well as an official one imo.

We've all been shooting at eachother for weeks now and there's been a lot of grudges growing between our own community members and friends. Others have 20+ friends shared on the map but aren't technically "teamed" with them (since we don't want 30 man clans on our 50 pop server). With everyone suddenly on the same side and our small world invading an official's, we can definitely mend some bridges and have a damn lot of fun while doing so. Leave a message below w/ your thoughts or if you're interested so we can get some beds going if we do decide to have a base on a server.

EDIT: We're likely going to start up the sG village base next official wipe, which will be February 2nd (Thurs). The server is still being decided on -- if you'd like to recommend one then please post below.

Edited by Rootbeer

I told you I liked this idea, but I feel like half our players don't understand the concept of "we can work together sometimes, ya know." But, I would be down. Everyone knows I love building so I can be part of that crew. Just lemme know. But if Karma threatens to kill me irl, I can't. I'm not sleeping in the dog house. FeelsAmazingMan

10 minutes ago, Tacky said:

Squeaker Squad has already done this if you interested in joining.
Anyone can ask me and I'll invite you to our discord. 
No people we hate.

"Anyone can ask me, but no people we hate."

lol, buddy, i'd be surprised if anyone actually asked to play with you.

Edited by Sean

i'd probably reinstall rust if it was on rustafied or something tbh.

no offense to our server, but you end up spending the entire week just building and farming while there's almost no PVP. the thing about servers like rustafied is that there is a large population who roam regularly so you actually find people to shoot outside of bases

a huge base isnt gonna go well though lmfao, i'd be able to trust the majority, but i feel like it'd be sabotaged by idiots like tacky, 

but then again tacky is a bot who can't aim so as long as we have someone on it'll be fine 

2 minutes ago, Tacky said:

Why wouldn't everyone farm?

you can farm but would u rather raid ppl and get more shit form them 

Also on a official servers after wipe do u feel like waiting in a que about +100 people if u join late

i can already tell this isnt going to work

people are going to have varying opinions on things and a few select people will want to be dubbed leader and itll crumble from there

either that or some squeaker will think he's funny when he surprise raids his own base. edgy

you can just look at our current Rust server for any indication on that

3 hours ago, Rune said:

i can already tell this isnt going to work

people are going to have varying opinions on things and a few select people will want to be dubbed leader and itll crumble from there

either that or some squeaker will think he's funny when he surprise raids his own base. edgy

you can just look at our current Rust server for any indication on that

My thoughts exactly on this idea. Plus why would I want to base with retards?

6 hours ago, Karma said:

What about a village setup? separate codes, but we all work together in the same "yard" ?

That was what I was thinking of myself if one big building wasn't favored, since we can still have our own small groups if we wanted with this set up.

19 hours ago, Karma said:

What about a village setup? separate codes, but we all work together in the same "yard" ?

I agree with this.

I think sG taking on another server as a group would have the potential for a LOT of fun, and a village would be the perfect solution to any issues that could occur with basing.