Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiD Fearless

Just got gigabit internet today!

fuck you

Comcast has a 2 gigabit plan, but it's $300 a month. If there was a 1gb plan for half of that price, i'd shit-can fios and go with internet only.

1 hour ago, Velo said:

fuck you

Comcast has a 2 gigabit plan, but it's $300 a month. If there was a 1gb plan for half of that price, i'd shit-can fios and go with internet only.

That's actually not that far off in price, it's $175 a month here.

1 hour ago, ctark said:

That upload though..... :'(

My thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, KiD Fearless said:

That's actually not that far off in price, it's $175 a month here.

I pay $40 a month for 300/300 up/down. I could pay $60 for gig, but honestly there's few people that will use it to the extent that 1gig gives you. I'm extremely happy with 300/300, also my ping is always 1-2 :) 

18 hours ago, Moose said:

I pay $40 a month for 300/300 up/down. I could pay $60 for gig, but honestly there's few people that will use it to the extent that 1gig gives you. I'm extremely happy with 300/300, also my ping is always 1-2 :) 

If I moved downtown Toronto there is a small company that has emerged, they use only their own networks (no sharing / renting off others infrastructure), and they offer 250/250 for $50, 500/500 for $75 or 1000/1000 for $100. (All CAD, so about $38-$76 USD) 

Unfortunately, they are only in big condos so far (rolling out as fast as they can, I guess it takes time to lay that much fiber!)

With my provider, Bell, it's $140 for 1000/100... I was like, who cares about 1gbps dl, it's the ul I want!....

did someone say speedtest?   (wife is streaming 4k netflix right now and i have 17 active torrents, so take the down/up with a grain of salt)

This one is a speedtest to a place which shows as ~50 miles away, but it's actually 84 miles away)

5803039105.png

this is a speedtest to my city (nashville)

capture.png

here is my speed when i was the only thing plugged into the router

speed.png

10 hours ago, driz said:

did someone say speedtest?   (wife is streaming 4k netflix right now and i have 17 active torrents, so take the down/up with a grain of salt)

This one is a speedtest to a place which shows as ~50 miles away, but it's actually 84 miles away)

5803039105.png

this is a speedtest to my city (nashville)

capture.png

here is my speed when i was the only thing plugged into the router

speed.png

Shit your ratios must be dank af