Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

New complaint department mandatory agreement

So to the site engineers and forum function people I have a question. When accessing the complaint department to post/read can you make the rules and guidelines pop up on the screen and make them click a "I read the rules and agreement to making posts" before they can get any further and maybe put a note above it saying if they don't follow the guidelines their case is automatically invalid. Just something I think we could use to make the world a better more functioning place around here.

Edited by turbulance

Water I am so glad I could help you look like you actually give two shits about this community since you left for half a year then come back to put in for a promo. It is not convoluted in fact it is trying to do the opposite of that..people are suppose to read the shit before posting, this is just a form of accountability. It isn't about fixing it is about making it better and easier for all parties involved. No one likes sifting through ban reports or steam ID's or having people get infracted because they didn't read the posting rules. 

Water I am so glad I could help you look like you actually give two shits about this community since you left for half a year then come back to put in for a promo. It is not convoluted in fact it is trying to do the opposite of that..people are suppose to read the shit before posting, this is just a form of accountability. It isn't about fixing it is about making it better and easier for all parties involved. No one likes sifting through ban reports or steam ID's or having people get infracted because they didn't read the posting rules. 

Just because someone doesnt like your idea doesnt mean you have the right to attack them.

Edited by cowsQT

Not only should you not be attacking water, but he's kind of right. We go by the same stance any laws/rules go. If someone doesn't bother to learn/read the rules, that is not on us, that is on them. Most times we will try to help out in a complaint/appeal, but if it is clear that it is half-assed, and not just someone doesn't know what they're doing (not everyone has a lot of exp. on forums) it will be closed.

We've had things like this come up many times. When it comes down to it, we aren't here to micro-manage. And in this case, adding something like this will be more of an irritant every time someone tries to make a post in the CD, that knows what they're doing.

Cow you have it out for me no matter what I say or do so nothing you say is ever really relevant like how you feel about me right? Water literally brought nothing to the table in this discussion. Also Sean where did you quote that "binding" statement. If making people read and have accountability is "binding" them then so be it.  Moose is the only one who actually contributed to this thread. 

Cow you have it out for me no matter what I say or do so nothing you say is ever really relevant like how you feel about me right? Water literally brought nothing to the table in this discussion. Also Sean where did you quote that "binding" statement. If making people read and have accountability is "binding" them then so be it.  Moose is the only one who actually contributed to this thread. 

there is nothing to bring to this table, your idea is ridiculous because everyone will just scroll down and say they read it without reading it, the same way you probably did not actually read the terms and conditions of using itunes or steam.

there is nothing to bring to this table, your idea is ridiculous because everyone will just scroll down and say they read it without reading it, the same way you probably did not actually read the terms and conditions of using itunes or steam.

This, 

How many times do you click "I Agree" on a website with "Terms and Conditions" and actually read them? 

I read some of them.

But turbulence is being toxic AF to water considering it was just an opinion towards his idea.

Again. The idea is good, but pretty pointless since everyone would just skip it anyways. And it would be a nuisance to the ones who already know how to post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No Water brought up the point that it made it more convoluted and added an unnecessary step to a process, so don't get your panties in a wad.

I get you are trying to say to say that forcing the Rules to pop up might decrease the amount of improper posts, but I doubt it will do much as multiple people have stated, people just hit accept and move on 99% of the time. When people go into that subthread there are multiple pinned threads about what should be posted in the threads and what steps are needed to make a complaint. If people can't take the time to read that I doubt they are gonna read the auto popup.

:l

I need these freeposts so I can apply for Legend soon :>

I kid, I kid

Edited by Velo

Damn Turbulance is just getting circle jerked at this point. Having some I accept thing is silly, but having a banner just saying "Please read this thread before posting" and having it link it the CD guidelines wouldn't be a bad thing. Literally every new person posts without evidence or steamID's or anything so saying "why fix what isn't broken" is actually fucking retarded.

Damn Turbulance is just getting circle jerked at this point. Having some I accept thing is silly, but having a banner just saying "Please read this thread before posting" and having it link it the CD guidelines wouldn't be a bad thing. Literally every new person posts without evidence or steamID's or anything so saying "why fix what isn't broken" is actually fucking retarded.

Literally pinned at the top of complaint department when you open it...

He probly has not opened it in a long time and yes its pinned but literally no one reads it or looks at it...well maybe 1 out of like 10 appeals/complaints. I still think my point is valid and worth considering. 

Literally pinned at the top of complaint department when you open it...

3ff3825519.jpgYea dude you can definitely see the pinned thread. I scrolled down one click on my mouse wheel and I can see post new topic without seeing the pinned thread, fuckin idiot

Edited by Destin