Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

driz

petition to make all community votes equal regardless of position

Community Votes  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should all votes be equal

• Yes
    • No, they should remain as-is
    • No, but they should change from how they currently are (provide input)

Eddy made a list of the comments that made the most sense. I'm going to grab those members and make a committee. Driz wasn't in on that conversation, hence the redundancy...

Ah okay. Thanks for the update <3

While we are at it...why does level 4 get the cool blue color and I'm stuck here with pink. Make lvl 4 green with the rest and blue VET up

this tbh fam

late to posting but here was my post:

SO's should be treated as regular members, as they are doing the same thing regular members are doing with a special title (or keep their vote tied to their level rank).

Staff should have more weight than the rest of the community as they are the ones who are putting time into helping the community exist.

This would circumvent having a staff vote during the beginning of the application period.

It's pretty useless anyway, if staff members vote no on someone pre community vote, they're going to vote no on the application.

The whole l1,l2/l3,l4 thing could work but it also means that oldbois will have more say into which new kid makes it in and which ones don't make it in.

That could pose issues with some people, but might be the way to go in the end.

late to posting but here was my post:

SO's should be treated as regular members, as they are doing the same thing regular members are doing with a special title (or keep their vote tied to their level rank).

Staff should have more weight than the rest of the community as they are the ones who are putting time into helping the community exist.

This would circumvent having a staff vote during the beginning of the application period.

It's pretty useless anyway, if staff members vote no on someone pre community vote, they're going to vote no on the application.

The whole l1,l2/l3,l4 thing could work but it also means that oldbois will have more say into which new kid makes it in and which ones don't make it in.

That could pose issues with some people, but might be the way to go in the end.

Most vet's and staff don't even play jb so most of the kids that are applying(that are from jailbreak) are getting no votes because a group of people wanted to circle jerk no votes and staff members from other servers that have never met the kid are like "Seems like a toxic player" and vote no due to the fact of having 5+ no votes before the 2nd week of voting. I think the votes should be equal for L4/vet/staff because some L4 members and vets (such as beerman and ruffles) that play the server know these recruits and should have a bigger impact on their app.

However if the votes do get changed to all being +1 and +2 i think the requirement of 50 positive votes should be lowered to something around 30 or 40.

While we are at it...why does level 4 get the cool blue color and I'm stuck here with pink. Make lvl 4 green with the rest and blue VET up

Gimme gimme gimme that purple.

without leaking too much info on the expected changes, i will be working on a webform for voting. What does this mean?

you'll get a freetext box, and a yes or no.

counts will be tallied automatically.

this means you math retards can't fuck up the count anymore, no one can be a smartass and modify ppl's names AND staff don't have to verify anything!

a part of this will be a SQL lookup of your group to determine your point value. for server officers, the lookup will be done on the secondary group. eg kim above is a Server Officer with an L2 secondary group. 

there are some other changes coming, at least partially due to this thread and my incessant whining.

We could always go by the amount of time spent in the clan without even looking at rank and even make clay's rule a part of it.

below two years in the clan = 1 vote

Two years and above = 2 votes

three years and above = 3 votes

Quit clan and rejoin = start over

We could always go by the amount of time spent in the clan without even looking at rank and even make clay's rule a part of it.

below two years in the clan = 1 vote

Two years and above = 2 votes

three years and above = 3 votes

Quit clan and rejoin = start over

I don't think I have the right idea when reading this, but... isn't this the same idea with having l1/l2 = 1, l3/l4 = 2 and so on. Your idea just has a different time frame. Again I might just be reading this wrong.