Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

driz

petition to make all community votes equal regardless of position

Community Votes  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should all votes be equal

• Yes
    • No, they should remain as-is
    • No, but they should change from how they currently are (provide input)

I dislike that my vote is worth 3 and others are 1. It's a community vote, not a community weighted vote. What do others think?

I think different positions with different powers should have more influence than just a regular john doe that has been in the clan for a total of 72 hours. (although the process on itself takes a month).

I think different positions with different powers should have more influence than just a regular john doe that has been in the clan for a total of 72 hours. (although the process on itself takes a month).

what about day 1 staff or SO? should their vote be worth more than an l3? day 1 staff worth more than a vet and/or legend?

if you select #3, suggest how you think it should change. I'm interested in what people think. 

I mean I'm sure that a latter can be implemented towards that, but its not like sG gives day1 staff to crazy people Right? right?!

Day 1 So's can be expendable, so i understand what you're saying. 

So maybe instead of doing staff/SO votes, we can find another ? l1-l2 count for +1. l3/l4 is +2, vet/legend/staff- +3. 

I don't really know what would be a good balance, I'm sure there can be some finetuning and deciding what would be best

what about day 1 staff or SO? should their vote be worth more than an l3? day 1 staff worth more than a vet and/or legend?

if you select #3, suggest how you think it should change. I'm interested in what people think. 

Exactly as i thought day 1 SO's stay should no where near sway more vote in the community then say a vet / legend.

VET and Legends should have a higher vote then anyone else tbh.

Maybe everybody's vote being worth two but people who were banned or received any behavioral penalties during that month should be worth one.

To be honest if everyone's was worth one it would be much harder for people to get in, and if that were true then maybe the total votes needed would have to be lower

Edit: SOs should not have any more than the average person, SO is a server rank, not a clan rank. Considering that these applicants are for getting into the clan, it should only refer to their clan rank.

For a while it seemed like only older members became Staff, besides engineers, or SO's. I'd rather see votes weighted more towards older members who haven't had disciplinary actions against them. Also I'd like to see the staff vote removed period because to be honest it is so rarely used and only when the person would clearly not make it past the community vote anyway.

Going off of matthew, I preferred how it was when I joined, initial staff vote (Legit staff vote, not just staff posting to send it to community vote) followed by a community vote and then a revote by staff following the community vote if not voted in.

If you're going to keep the shit as it is, at least get rid of the fucking useless staff vote. Staff can chose to slam a -3 on some moron after he applies with everyone else if they want to vote no. Staff vote plus having the ability to +/-3 in the 'community vote' becomes egregious at that point.

In other words, I really feel like I deserved to tell JuiceBox on his application why he's a faggot and he deserved my -1 vote. Because of staff vote, I didn't get to do that.

I feel like it doesn't even matter - Even if my vote is a 1 I can still influence someone to vote yes or no on my vote, no matter how many points it's worth

Or even someone like Driz, If his vote was worth 1 and he voted on someone, it could probably get other people to vote yes 

I think the staff vote is redundant (as others have said).

On the +/- 1/2/3

It'd be more confusing but I think maybe there should be a L2 requirement on SO or Staff voting.

e.g. After getting staff my vote counted for more than 90% of the community, I don't think that was really fair. I've put a lot of time into sG at this point, but I still don't know if it is fair that I count for 3. I think L2+SO/Staff would be more reasonable.

If I had to redistribute how much a person's vote counted it would be along the lines of:

L1, L2, = 1 vote

L3, L4 = 2 vote

Staff, Vet, Legend = 3 vote

Definitely think a Vet should get more say and a person shouldn't have to wait until they have 4 years worth of clan tenure to have their vote be up'd by 1. (Given that they don't have a Staff position)

EDIT: With this change the required votes would probably be somewhere along the lines of about 60-65 (?) If you plan on keeping it somewhat proportional to how it is currently. Also, SO shouldn't get a +2 vote. It should be based off of clan tenure.

I voted no, but should be changed from what it currently is. 

This makes sense. Higher ranks should have more of a sway in voting power. IE L1<L2<L3<L4. Because the ranks are only applicable to those who have made the requirements to reach the rank (time in clan, posts, game time etc) the voting points should revolve more around that. 

Anyone who can vote for the initial staff vote should NOT be allowed to vote in the community vote. Considering the staff vote already tells most of the community how each +/-3 is going to be, it is unnecessary for them to vote a second time when they already allowed the applicant to move on. The initial vote allows staff to say yes or no while giving a brief response as to why. This can tell the community some more information about the applicant to decide their own votes. Also, instead of sending the applicant to community immediately after getting 5 votes, have it be one week that all staff members get a chance to vote. Give it some time like the community vote. First week of recruitment is staff vote while the last 3 weeks are community. Community doesn't need 4 weeks to vote someone in or not. 

Votes in the community should be based off clan rank over anything else. So a L1 SO gets the same vote as a L1 as a L3 SO gets the same vote as a L3. SO's should not be allowed to have a higher vote just because they are SO. Some people who join the communities ranks get SO day one. Why should their vote carry more then others? If an SO tries to vote higher then their respective clan rank they can/will be punished. 

We could do something like this:

L1, L2 = 1 Vote

L3, L4 = 2 Vote

Vet, Legend = 3 Vote

SO = Current Clan Rank (L1,L2 etc)

I'd support roughly what yunki has said. I don't believe all votes should be equal members here longer deserve better say. Make l3 and l4 equal 2 votes and SO equal 2 votes as well, I say thats fair. Staff can still be 3. Alternatively SO can maybe just continue to have whatever vote level they originally would have because its a little dumb to assume a guy who probably plays an overwhelming amount of time on a specific server would really have that much better judgement than others here longer. Thats my say.

I actually like reapers idea a lot. It even makes the staff vote make sense, we would need to say why we are cutting how we do so the community is informed. Great discussion so far guys

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

If Reaper's idea is the way to go, we should raise the amount of votes needed to accept a recruit in to the community.

I don't like the idea of completely equal voting because I do think people who got into the community a month ago should have the same say as older members.

This has already been said by others, but I would support eliminating the staff vote and having the amount of votes someone has related to their history in the clan.

If Reaper's idea is the way to go, we should raise the amount of votes needed to accept a recruit in to the community.

I'm not a decision maker on this, I just wondered what others thought

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I agree with many of what has been previously stated, with having vote weight only be applicable to actual clan rank. I think Reapers' suggestion on how the count should go is the best way to group them:

L1, L2 = 1 Vote

L3, L4 = 2 Vote

Vet, Legend = 3 Vote

As for SO, they can be whatever rank they actually have.

For Staff, it depends on whether keeping the staff vote were to happen or not. If it stays, I don't see any reason for them to vote a second time (Even if their vote does count, as it does now, if they vote yes in the current system, why don't recruits start at a +15..? 5 staff elected to let the recruit through, if they don't think they should, why are they voting yes?). If staff vote were to get removed, they could either sit at the same solution for SO's, or be at least +2 no matter what (I think it'd be fair even if they are a L1/L2 in the community).

Definitely think a Vet should get more say and a person shouldn't have to wait until they have 4 years worth of clan tenure to have their vote be up'd by 1. (Given that they don't have a Staff position)

Most vet's have been staff at one point or another :lol:

Has anything been decided from the input in C2K's thread?

Feels like deja vu

Eddy made a list of the comments that made the most sense. I'm going to grab those members and make a committee. Driz wasn't in on that conversation, hence the redundancy...