Sign in to follow this  
Gerald

Is it Ghosting?

Is it Ghosting?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Does situation one involve ghosting?

2. 2. Does situation two involve ghosting?

Situation One: There are three players: Fartsy Butthole (TRAITOR), Urethra Franklin (INNOCENT), and Steve (INNOCENT).  Fartsy kills Steve, and Urethra has no possible way of finding out that he is a traitor. Steve is mad, and he tells Urethra via Steam chat, "Kill Fartsy, because he is a traitor." Urethra kills Fartsy, and he is indeed a traitor.

Situation Two: Same players, same situation. The only variable that changes is that instead of saying "Kill Fartsy, because he is a traitor," Steve only messages Urethra, "Kill Fartsy." His intention is the same, as in the first situation.

Steve and Urethra are both friends and have no reason not to trust each other.

My belief...

While situation 2 could just be a joking hey kill him, in the case of TTT if an Inno tells another Inno to kill someone after they died, especially to that person then that is ghosting.

Depends on the way you choose to define ghosting. If you consider it providing information that reveals the identity of traitors, then it isn't. But if you consider ghosting to be a dead player(s) communicating any information to a living player, then it would be ghosting. Urethra would have to have called for Fartsy to be killed before he had died, and communicating with Steve outside of the in-game chat to kill Fartsy would be ghosting.

Honestly imo both are ghosting. Most people would only consider situation 1 as ghosting since it involves ghosting out his traitor buddy. Situation two is ghosting, but just to a lesser degree since its a inno getting ghosted out instead of a traitor. That's my view on the issue.

IMO, both situations are ghosting.

My definition of ghosting is using third-party sources to obtain information that would otherwise be unavailable to you in real time in the game.

For instance, if I know Gerald is an innocent and tell Jeff that he's an innocent (when Jeff otherwise wouldn't have known), no biggie right? Wrong. I have just aided in Jeff narrowing down who is a T and who isn't. If it was between Gerald and another T, then Jeff would know for sure that it is not Gerald.

Whether or not Jeff acts on it or not, it will no doubt affect his decision-making subconsciously.

Edited by Sith

Lets say in JB if you're a T and you're dead, and i'm a CT and I'm alive, and you tell me where all the T's are its considered ghosting, if done by steam, teamspeak, text message or fucking messaging pigeon, doesn't matter. 

The message is still the same.

Its still ghosting, you telling them to kill them and saying hes a traitor, and if you just say " Kill xxxx player"  thats incouraging RDM(no proof of traitor, on killer's behalf)+Ghosting(from dead player)

Situation two is sketchy and if it works out that the guy is wanting revenge on a T then it's ghosting. Face value you can't say yes or no. I get messages all the time from people who want me to kill players because they think they were RDMed or annoying on the mic/chat. Very rarely are those players Ts from my experience.

Situation two is sketchy and if it works out that the guy is wanting revenge on a T then it's ghosting. Face value you can't say yes or no. I get messages all the time from people who want me to kill players because they think they were RDMed or annoying on the mic/chat. Very rarely are those players Ts from my experience.

both situations are ghosting.

two is just worse than one.

Ghosting is supposed to give a player an unfair advantage. You have to examine each scenario as to whether or not a player is being given that unfair advantage due to what we may perceive as ghosting.

Ghosting is supposed to give a player an unfair advantage. You have to examine each scenario as to whether or not a player is being given that unfair advantage due to what we may perceive as ghosting.

except both scenarios here are ghosting

Why is this a thread? Of course it's ghosting. In S2 if fartsy is traitor and for any reason you tell somebody to kill him you're ghosting. Why is this a thread?

Why is this a thread? Of course it's ghosting. In S2 if fartsy is traitor and for any reason you tell somebody to kill him you're ghosting. Why is this a thread?

Idk why this is still here either...doesn't matter whether or not someone communicates if they where a traitor simply saying who killed you is ghosting.

Honestly this thread is stupid but i will put my two cents here anyway despite the fact.

Both Situations are ghosting but S1 is more serious/concerning than S2.

I voted Yes on S1 and No on S2, because if i was a regular TTT admin; If i knew the facts of situation one, then i would add more of a punishment than RDM. Now Situation Two could be a joke among friends, like one person said, can't take it at face value. If Situation Two were to happen i'd be more lenient and just give a regular auto-slay if i knew about the ghosting and the victim was a regular inno.(As it is just basic RDM which usually happens in the autism and obliviousness of TTT)

Honestly this thread is stupid but i will put my two cents here anyway despite the fact.

Both Situations are ghosting but S1 is more serious/concerning than S2.

I voted Yes on S1 and No on S2, because if i was a regular TTT admin; If i knew the facts of situation one, then i would add more of a punishment than RDM. Now Situation Two could be a joke among friends, like one person said, can't take it at face value. If Situation Two were to happen i'd be more lenient and just give a regular auto-slay if i knew about the ghosting and the victim was a regular inno.(As it is just basic RDM which usually happens in the autism and obliviousness of TTT)

I am regular TTT admin, and if I had proof that either situation had happened through report responses saying in chat etc. I would ban them for my maximum time of six hours and then promptly collect evidence and go to the forms to to request an extension, I have no idea why in the world situation two would not be a ban and just a slay it is still ghosting therefore it still is banable