Sign in to follow this  
TheRealAndrew

College!

Advice eh? Don't drop out. Figure out your degree right away and I mean it. Advisors may be good but in reality they are generally trash. Take control of what courses you should take with the mindset what is the requirements for xyz major you are going into.

Hope you are not going for a useless degree as well lol.

I'd recommend taking political science, women's studies or any kind of arts degree.

You're such a sarcastic bastard lol!

Pretty much what Jeece said though...you can't really ask advice on what degree you should take as it has to be what you love doing. If you don't love your job you'll be miserable for the rest of your life, trust me. Don't rush your decision of 'what do I want to be when I'm older' find out what truly interests you and what will make you actually want to get up and go to work every single day. 

Finding the right Major is the hardest part. Going to class is simple if you put the work in. When it comes to picking a Major pick something you think you would enjoy doing. I made the mistake of picking general business first even though I had business classes. I dropped that really fast. I am taking Info Tech now and love it! Learning so much about topics I am interested in and I am getting all A's now :D 

Some more advice; not strictly college wise but for any place you have to shower in a public setting; bring some fucking sandals. I made the mistake of not wearing them my FIRST FUCKING SHOWER, and got Athlete's foot. That shit sucks. Plus, just imagine all the semen that lined that fucking ground.

Also going to college in the fall. If you go into something rigorous, almost all of the alums of my college told me it's imperative to sleep when you can. 

• Don't listen to your academic advisor. They know nothing about the field you plan on going in to after graduation.

Go to class, asshole.

Midnight cramming before an exam is retarded. If you don't know the material the night before, no amount of cramming is going to make or break you.

What other people said. Most people change their majors two or three times at least, so as people said, you can't really ask advice on what to study. I would suggest narrowing it down to two or three things you think you'd enjoy, and see what classes overlap in the majors. Take the most general ones you can while you're not sure, that way when you do decide what to study, your time and money haven't gone to waste.

I learned it the hard way. Switched from Health Science to Computer Science. gg bio. gg.

Well the only obvious thing that comes to mind is trying to memorize what the professors says or writes...without copying it down in your notes. Or even worse, not taking notes at all. I made that mistake myself a few times and while it didn't dramatically kill any of my grades, it did lower an exam down from an A to a B+ because I was too lazy to write down something I thought I would have memorized.

Oh yeah, don't count on your Adviser telling you breaking news.

Also use ratemyprofessor for all of your classes. You'll probably end up with a professor that's too demanding, difficult, or just plain old bad if you don't use this site eventually.

get the fuck off of sg and go outside of your dorm or apartment or w/e you live

if u have some freshman gathering gay shit, try to meet some people, cuz u most likely wont meet any other people outside of the first few months. everyone starts stickin with their same peeps after that

and get the fuck off of sg