Sign in to follow this  
driz

Password strength

Believe it or not, it is actually more secure to use a couple words to form a phrase rather then the complicated "Please include at least one capital letter, a number, and a special character" bullshit.

What's easier to remember?

hE#8u^t2 - which takes 3 days to crack according to the website

ILikePurpleTrees - which take 22 billion years to crack according to the website

Length seems to win out and it doesn't matter if you have funky characters in your password. Just make a long password of a phrase you can remember.

4 quattuordecillion years

I'm not sure if my password is secure enough..

I remember this shitty website from college. All you see is kids facerolling their keyboards and then saying that's their passwords

Hi

Edited by Boondock

15 hours. I believe the amount of attempts in 15 hours would throw a red flag somewhere and prevent them from getting it. 

password cracking very seldomly involves bruteforcing some active service, and even more rarely is there actually some sort of person paying attention to login services

this is likely talking about how long it would take to crack assuming someone is working on the database itself ala cain and abel

rainbow tables could be even faster

Believe it or not, it is actually more secure to use a couple words to form a phrase rather then the complicated "Please include at least one capital letter, a number, and a special character" bullshit.

What's easier to remember?

hE#8u^t2 - which takes 3 days to crack according to the website

ILikePurpleTrees - which take 22 billion years to crack according to the website

Length seems to win out and it doesn't matter if you have funky characters in your password. Just make a long password of a phrase you can remember.

http://xkcd.com/936/

my sg password is really fucking bad

8tCdU.png

this is my facebook password

8tCfh.png

and this is my steam password

8tChk.png

Edited by Sean