Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whiz

Nostalgia Attack

Anyone else got any nostalgic memories? Thought about making this post after blurting it out on discord.

I would say my “good old days” were when I was around 11 in 2011 of course, and I would come home from middle school, sit down in front of my tv in this specific lounging chair, turn on my Xbox to hear that *WEEEURRMP* loadup sound, as the Xbox logo flew around the tv screen.

On my dashboard I would see everyone online playing halo reach, mw2, halo 3, Minecraft, and etc.

Halo reach is what I would call my childhood game, I made so many friends in the Xbox and one of them is one of my closest friends to this day. We played living dead on halo reach, fucked around in forge, played/hosted game nights with a full lobby of random people we just met. Played the campaign dozens of times on legendary with all skulls on. Not even just halo, we used to play mw2 just screaming at kids like myself, but had a good time.

Times were so much simpler... 

:(

12 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

Halo Reach?

oh.. you poor thing. How about going to a LAN party with your friends and having to setup 4 xbox's on Halo 2.

LAN parties for unreal tournament were the one! 

12 minutes ago, Rayne said:

LAN parties for unreal tournament were the one! 

yeet

Unfortunately i didnt have a pc when i got into gaming, so quake halo 1 pc etc were not really a thing for me :(

4 hours ago, Rayne said:

If you were born in 2000 you have zero reasons to use the word "nostalgia".

let me have my moment

3 hours ago, cookie eater said:

Halo Reach?

oh.. you poor thing. How about going to a LAN party with your friends and having to setup 4 xbox's on Halo 2.

me and my friends actually had a LAN party recently before I left for the army back in summer of 2018

played some halo, I played WoW for the first time, and a whole lot of other games like csgo

sure not all of the games were directly “lan” connected games but you get the jist

literally had our whole setups moved over to my friends house and we spent the night for a whole week shit was awesome

13 minutes ago, Swed said:

Halo 3 Custom games were the best way to play games with friends on xbox live.

+1000000000

My nostalgic days was when Super Smash bro's on N64 was brand new and we would all gather up and play that shit all night xD also the days when I would sneak onto the computer at night to play games only to have my dad come and yell at me at 3 in the morning 

LAN parties always get me

In middle school we all had a technology teacher that was an easy A by reputation. I installed UT GOTY edition on all of the computers and we would play DM and CTF every day that year.

In high school I hid a copy of UT on the schools server. If anyone wanted to play, they just had to look in the right spot then copy/paste.

My friends and I used to have a LAN party ~once a week for the longest time playing Halo 1,2,3, and Reach (as they were released).

When Halo: Reach came out, enough of my friend group was of legal drinking age to where alcohol became a fixture in these LAN parties. The losing team got "ice'd" and the winning team earned the privilege of taking a shot. This way the teams were usually balanced through inebriation, yet the winners "won" and the losers were shamed.

Also, Arby n The Chief always takes me on a nostalgic detour on YouTube.

Good times!

9 hours ago, Rayne said:

Nostalgia bitch

15 hours ago, Swed said:

Halo 3 Custom games were the best way to play games with friends on xbox live.

In my opinion Halo Reach had the most simple and fun forge to make custom games, you really had to rely on your actual creativity to make maps just like in anything before reach.

Now they have scripting and all this shit which yes can allow map makers to create more advanced games but it just doesn’t feel the same as it did when making maps in reach/3

13 hours ago, Dark Fry said:

My nostalgic days was when Super Smash bro's on N64 was brand new and we would all gather up and play that shit all night xD also the days when I would sneak onto the computer at night to play games only to have my dad come and yell at me at 3 in the morning 

4 words:

super smash bros melee

I used to play a bunch of racing games solo on my xbox 360 when it first came out then one of my friends got me hip to mw2 before it came out and i was really young but after lots of begging like the child I was i finally convinced my dad not only to let me pre-order but to stay up for the midnight launch at our local gamestop which was thriving at the time we barely made it past the release and all we wanted to do was play the damn game at his house but when we got back to the house we ended up passing tf out 30 mins later anyway

33 minutes ago, Rock said:

I used to play a bunch of racing games solo on my xbox 360 when it first came out then one of my friends got me hip to mw2 before it came out and i was really young but after lots of begging like the child I was i finally convinced my dad not only to let me pre-order but to stay up for the midnight launch at our local gamestop which was thriving at the time we barely made it past the release and all we wanted to do was play the damn game at his house but when we got back to the house we ended up passing tf out 30 mins later anyway

I remember staying late at night for the Pokemon soulsilver/ heart gold launch. The night I got the damn game I booted it up and fell asleep naming my fucking totodile (I think that’s how you spell it)

2 hours ago, whiz said:

In my opinion Halo Reach had the most simple and fun forge to make custom games, you really had to rely on your actual creativity to make maps just like in anything before reach.

Now they have scripting and all this shit which yes can allow map makers to create more advanced games but it just doesn’t feel the same as it did when making maps in reach/3

4 words:

super smash bros melee

IMO halo 3 forge was crazier and a ton better. You had to know so many tricks and work 100x as hard to make something really cool. Reach made it ridiculously ez and took a lot of the skill out. I remember sitting in halo 3 forge for hours saving, exiting, starting new round, editing object properties, etc.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, Rayne said:

www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping