Sign in to follow this  
Ironic

Any other good anime's out there?

I never thought I'd get to such a low part in my life where I had to watch anime. I thought I was better than that, I thought I was an actual human with actual human behavior.

I'm just kidding ya'll.

Anyways, I've been really sick these past like 4 days, and I decided to try out and watch Death Note, as it was recommended to me from a friend. Needless to say, I was very impressed, and I actually ended up finishing the whole thing in a 24 hour span (got nothing better to do when you're sick). So with that being said, I was just curious if there was any other good anime's out there ya'll would like to recommend to me. I'd love it if they were dark and mysteries like Death Note was. I tried to get into Devilman Crybaby, which I liked the storyline, but I didn't really enjoy the first couple of episodes, so I stopped. Don't get me wrong, I'm a guy so I like nudity you know, but all the nudity in Devilman just didn't seem like it fit in too.

So yeah, feel free to leave your comments down below of any anime's you'd like to recommend me.

I mean Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is another good one to roll with overall. It isn't necessarily as dark, though it gets fairly heavy at times. A few other options might be Monster, Deadman Wonderland and Elfen Lied.

I'm gonna name of some animes, the top is my all time favorite, going to second favorite and so on.

Sword Art Online is a 12/10 if you like fighting style, "Video game" anime, it is such a good watch

Suzuka is a good slice-of-life anime, but you have to follow it up with Fuuka, which is the sequel 

Citrus! (Lesbian step-sisters) 10/10

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? ("And you thought there was never a girl online?") Great ecchi, also surrounding video games

One-Punch man is hilarious.

7 deadly sins is pretty funny 

My hero academia is pretty top notch 

Can you see a trend in what kind of anime I like?

Sports:
Run into the wild (new)

Tsurune (new)

Kuroko no basket

Haikyu

Diamond no Ace

Others: 
SSS. Gridman

Gintama

Code Geass

Violet evergarden

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

I am sorry that you caught the sickness that is anime. No regerts tho

A quick list, some of these may have already been recommended.

top tier*:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

One Punch Man (funny as hell)

Cowboy Bebop

Berserk (they have the 3 movies^ on Netflix right now, watch those before watching the series that started in 2016)

Attack on Titan

Mob Psycho 100 (also funny as hell)

Ghost in the Shell

other very good enjoyable series but YMMV:

Goblin Slayer

Megalo Box

Kill La Kill

Yu Yu Hakusho

Knights of Sidonia

Naruto Shippuden (use a guide to cut out the filler)

My Hero Academia

GATE

Sword Art Online

Dragon Ball/Z/Super

*In my opinion and in no particular order

^Berserk: The Golden Age arcs 1-3

If you've ever watched any anime as a kid, I'd recommend going back and rewatching them to understand it better.

As of this comment, I am on episode 58 of Naruto and having a blast watching it again.

Pretty much the entire season of bleach was really good even though all of the fillers. The Ronin warriors were pretty good as well as full metal alchemist

Here is my list of recommendations:

My Hero Academia

Bleach

Future Diary

Black Clover

The entire Fate series, Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night, Fate Apocrypha

Absolute Duo

The Asterisk War

Goblin Slayer

Food Wars

The time I was Reincarnated as a Slime

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor

This list could definitely go on, but these are the ones I would definitely recommend. You can always message me if you want more!

One of the last anime shows I watched was Ga-rei: Zero, pretty cool with lots of action. It's a prequel to another but I never even looked into that one. The character development was great and leads up to an amazing final episode.

Edited by Rootbeer
spells

Thanks for all the responses guys!

So far I've watched:

Death Note

Full Metal Alchemist 

Bleach (I've only gotten to episode 19, I'll finish it eventually :p)

Sword Art Online 1 + 2

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

FMA Brotherhood was definitely my second favorite behind Death Note! SAW was also really good! I don't mind Bleach, but so far it just seems sort of repetitive and just not as interesting as the others, which is why I've taken a break from it.

Edited by Ironic

On 3/9/2019 at 1:11 AM, Ordinarygamer96 said:

BLAME! is a very good anime movie available on netflix. Think its based on a manga but theres no anime show to my knowledge outside the one movie

Just a movie? Oh sweet! I'll have to check it out soon then!

Mob Psycho is one of the few animes I've watched that I have completely loved. The animation is a bit different from conventional animes but the story and characters are all fantastic. Lots of character development and very fun personalities. I really cannot recommend this anime enough. If you're looking around for a new show to watch definitely check it out. 

trucka you weeb...

On a side note, the gf and I have been watching my hero academia. I personally have watched the entirety of Hunter X Hunter and me not being a full fledged weeb has actually enjoyed that series. The jap version.

Me and the GF have also been watching attack on titan, full metal alchemist, blue excorcist as well as gurren lagann. All of which are pretty cool. Did I mention I partook in a forum for bleach before sG? Seen every episode until the last.

Partials: The devil is a part timer and hal(?)s moving castle and the seven deadly sins

Edited by Velo

I know it's months since the inception of your anime binge cycle, but I'll throw in my recommendations of quality material. By the way, if you watched Death Note subbed, I'd recommend watching it again dubbed (in a year or so); the English voice acting is excellent.

+1 on the mentions of:

Attack on Titan [10/10]

One of my favorite pieces of media. The action sequences are top-notch, the soundtrack is rivalled only by Death Note in terms of atmosphere/mood, the plot is genuinely unpredictable and enjoyable, and the mystery/lore component is well done. Animation is excellent, though the few CGI components are mediocre. The voice acting is good for some characters, excellent for others. Watch it subbed. Ongoing, Season 3.

One Punch Man [8/10]

Comedy and action. Lots of comedy. Lots of action. An odd mishmash of epic fight scenes (far beyond the likes of Dragon Ball) and ironic humor. The animation style mirrors this, shifting drastically from simple and cartoonish to detailed depending on the mood. Season 1 complete, Season 2 on its way.

Goblin Slayer [7/10]

Defines a single story and sticks to it, leaving a lot out of the story along the way in favor of a very well-developed character arc. There's action, mild NSFW content, and noticable gore. It accomplishes its story in a single season. Complete, 1 Season.

GATE [7/10]

OP, kindhearted MC, loose SFW harem development, mostly a joyride with a few nervous moments. Action scenes are quality, but this one is a smooth ride of enjoyment. Action, mild NSFW content. If you end up liking it, there's a similar but much more mature anime called Zipang that does an excellent job with the subject of a temporal transposition.

My recommendations:

Drifters [9/10]

A very underrated anime from the creator of Hellsing. Very dark, grim mood, with plenty of comic relief interspersed between scenes of action and character building. Characters from history ripped out of reality at the moment of their death to wage war in another dimension on behalf of human civilization or of the forces of destruction. If you like history, this one's a definite watch. Season 1 complete, Season 2 TBA.

Re:ZERO [10/10]

Likely one of the best anime of the decade (certainly one of the most talked about) would be Re:ZERO, an isekai (alternate world) about a single male character facing his flaws and developing in a similar storytelling manner as Goblin Slayer. Source of Rem, one of the most popular waifus around - but, to be clear, the focus of the show is very dark and can even be depressing. Though the plot is somewhat loose, the focus on an analysis of the genre and a very meta-philosophical portrayal of anime characters puts it at a solid 10/10. Warning for gore and lots of character death. Complete, 1 Season.

Overlord [8/10]

My personal favorite, though I recognize that it's not the best anime out there. Dark OP MC. I don't want to describe it in too much detail for fear of distorting the truth with my bias, but I'd say at least watch the first episode to see if you're interested. Seasons 1-3 complete, Season 4 TBA.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime [8/10]

Kind of like Overlord, but less grim, and the MC isn't dark and devious. Ongoing, Season 1.