Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dylan

Detours and Delays

https://strawpoll.com/x4a48rz7

after Monday night we had a lot of complaints about detours and Delays from people who haven't logged on to the server in quite some time, I created the poll to get feedback from the rest of the community on the "Implied Detours and delays".

Please if you don't play Jailbreak do not vote. 

We removed it in the first place to get new pop if older guys don’t play we need the guys to stay lol

It added nothing of value. In my opinion it was simply another "gotcha" to drive away new wardens.

If you want to be taken seriously, find old debates about this, mine them for ideas, and then clearly enumerate both the pros and cons instead of appealing to people's sense of nostalgia.

Why would people complain about not having to say some words? They could still even say them if they wanted too.

The purpose of them being implied now is attract new wardens/players or new cts in general.

I think the words 'detours and delays' should be essential since there would be a lot of smartasses out there to try and out play the rules said by the warden and make the gameplay more frustrating the play. Also its not like the rules itself is already pretty cancerous to follow through on JB said by the wardens.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

We removed it in the first place to get new pop if older guys don’t play we need the guys to stay lol

How’s that new pop working out? FeelsGoodMan

I agree on having the detours and delays implied. We need the new player base and people that want to try jb wont have a fun experience if there drilled and slain for freekilling. We need the new population or jb aint going anywheres. I agree with @Travesty on leaving the rule as is. My opinion

12 hours ago, Mr. Stone said:

I agree on having the detours and delays implied. We need the new player base and people that want to try jb wont have a fun experience if there drilled and slain for freekilling. We need the new population or jb aint going anywheres. I agree with @Travesty on leaving the rule as is. My opinion

I understand what you're saying, but look at all of the people in the past who joined us and got used to saying and listening for "Detours and delays". 

Maybe its just me, sG was the first jailbreak server I've ever played on so I just figured what happened here happened everywhere, I miss the detours and delays days 

I think its fine just staying implied it makes it less confusing for newer players, returning ones will just have to get used to the change.

I never even listened for "Detours and delays" because I always thought it was a little bitch move to rebel on something so small.  Even when I did pay attention there would always be retards who would claim warden didn't say it even when they did.  It always made what happened muddy and unclear causing arguments over what happened, and then if admin wasn't paying super close attention then nothing would happen except a 3 min argument about some dumb order and a freekill.

You could say that admins need to put their foot down and have what they say goes type deal for the sake of the server (I know I couldn't do that though if I wasn't 100% sure on what happened.)

But I'd rather just not have the rule because it makes it easier for everyone and is pointless to really have. 

I think it's better served as a nostalgic memory.

Also @vexer use the forum's poll function instead so the strawpoll can't be abused (Because then non-forum accounts can vote or VPN/cookie deletion voting)

26 minutes ago, Sakarra said:

I think its fine just staying implied it makes it less confusing for newer players, returning ones will just have to get used to the change.

I agree, lately jb has been popping and a lot of new people have been on.

I realize that this may be just repeating what others have said but, I like how if a warden would fuck up and forget to say "no detours or delays" (or at least one of them) the T's would get a chance to rebel. I feel currently wardens are making the game very boring with just making the T's play games and then killing everyone but the winner. It would be more fun if a warden slips up and lets a few T's rebel. Especially with the lower pop now, some vent cells in spawn dont even have anyone in them, or new players dont know any secrets on the maps so there is almost no way to rebel. Also after playing once or twice with the newer people I see that some simple rules are not being enforced hard enough which makes the game not nearly as fun. Vent/Armory camping is the biggest issue that I have seen. All in all, I think that removing the rule that "no detours and delays" is implied would make the game much more exciting and engaging for new and old players.

Read the thread Thorgot posted.

We're just rehashing the same points.

If the only value it provides is to have a chance to rebel on a new warden slipping up, then get better at rebelling. The game mode is called Jailbreak.

You can't break those cuffs...

I’m gonna have to say I like it better implied. The reason being is when we do have new players joining, it gives them an earlier chance to become a ct. even if they don’t understand it and watch how ct’s work while being a t, it would be easier to pickup with implied. Also makes it easier so other ct’s don’t talk over a super long command given by the warden.