Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakota

Does Swed Get Mad Over Video Games?

ye or nah  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

Apparently it was the fact that even using something that would provide NSFW content would have been the problem, but that was through somebody who isn't JCS, so I'm not sure if the same thought process was being used because the forums provide NSFW content, google has nsfw content, youtube, reddit, etc. 

An open letter to the average sG member:

Most of you wonderful and fine people are going about your lives with respect and dignity. You are trying to make a living and make each year better than the one before it. You see promise in the year of 2018. You feel like you're finally going to hit your stride. Things are going to be great in 2018.

Now most of us like to take a break every now and then, and use discord for relief from the pressures and stresses of our every day lives. We will chat with the fellow recruit, member or Staff Elite to unwind and kick back. We aren't looking for anything dirty or despicable... most of all we aren't hoping to see another man's genitals while we put our feet up and catch a breath.

We are honorable. We have principles.

There is a time and a place for our minds to go to the darkest and deepest parts of the web... to see the average man's dick size, poking out of anime pajama bottoms while he viciously pokes a hapless gal.

We know where we can look to for degenerate and desperate material... it is every place other than our holy and righteous Discord server, home to Saved Gamers.

The sick and twisted members of Syndicate Gamers will distract us from our goals, bring us down and cause harm to our lives. Don't let these fools get in your way from becoming the very best you can be! Don't let these fuckers ruin 2018!

KEEP OUR DISCORD CLEAN.

So... fellow sG members... What do you do when retards in sG want a NSFW channel in their discord?

JUST.

SAY.

NO.

#KeepDiscordClean2018

This is not about our right to titties. This is a protest poll on the tyranical JCS, making decisions without ANY community input. I am here to give power to the people. I am public enemy #1. TOP OF HE LIST of the Janitor's Project....and yet I fight. I fight for you, the average sG member. I want your voices to be heard, whether it be clean and prudish or dirty and depraved. Let your voice be heard through me. I speak for sG for sG has no tongue!  

Let me put it like this for you: for the sole reason that JCS have admin privs in discord, and even with our wonderful bot made by bulletford, we cannot hide channels in discord from admins. Previously to becoming JCS, as a manager I could ask the bot to hide #shitposts - that no longer works for me :( . Now yes, I can mute it so I don't see new posts, I can avoid clicking on it. But every once in a while, I go to click on #general-chat (right above the infamous #shitposts), and accidentally hit the wrong channel. Now this isn't the end of the world, as it's usually just pictures of raw chicken #sweetrock. However, if this were to accidentally happen with an nsfw channel at work - it may be the end of (my) world.. jk, I'd just find a new job if it came to that. But I still don't want it happening.

Point being, it's far to easy to accidentally click a channel in discord, versus navigating to the nsfw parts of the forums. There's a reason we've disabled FFA from showing in new topics, posts, and unread content. It makes it much harder to end up there when you don't mean to. Previously this was a problem, as some people would try and stay very up to date on unread topics, and go down the list reading every post, clicking on it if that post wasn't bad, but then ending up in a thread which contained much worse things.

#DiscordIsASafePlace

If there are ways to make channels not visible to the general public then I don't see what the problem is, you want that dirty smut then get the permissions and boom you can now see the smut, you don't want to see the smut? Don't ask for it. Bada bing bada boom problem solved.

20 minutes ago, SpartanSakaro said:

If there are ways to make channels not visible to the general public then I don't see what the problem is, you want that dirty smut then get the permissions and boom you can now see the smut, you don't want to see the smut? Don't ask for it. Bada bing bada boom problem solved.

I feel like you don't read...

NSFW would be 3 levels under General Chat. How on Earth anybody can accidentally click on it would be mind boggling. So the excuse "what if I'm a retard and misclick" your excuse applies only to JCS as they csnt avoid hiding a channel. A nsfw channel would be rank or members only  restricted. Not open to everybody. So it would go even lower on the list. Correct me if I'm reading that wrong as "JCS wouldn't be able to avoid it enough, so we won't implement it."

Though I do appreciate an actual, typed out explanation. 

Side note: what's the excuse for threads in spam from appearing in most recent. Do we just want our forums to appear even more dead?

I nominate @Eddy to police it.

He has done an outstanding job at such things, even as a JCS. It's the whole reason you guys requested that he'd come back as JCS no?

I feel like his vigilance and empathy towards others would be the right fit to govern such a gray area.

While I don't care if we have a nsfw channel in discord it wouldn't matter with this community. All you faggots would do is just spam dick pics and furry shit.

As for the whole opening at work just don't fucking open while you're at work simple. The discord servers I'm in that have nsfw channels give you warnings before u even enter it.

3 minutes ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

As for the whole opening at work just don't fucking open while you're at work simple. The discord servers I'm in that have nsfw channels give you warnings before u even enter it.

What hentai discords do you devour?

We dont negotiate with terrorists! #KeepDiscordClean2018

On a more serious note: why allow a NSFW Discord channel when Chang runs a hentai discord anyways? Do we need him and his hentai to infect the sG discord

14 minutes ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Go die

The first step is acceptance, Jeff.

1 hour ago, Tansen said:

I nominate @Eddy to police it.

He has done an outstanding job at such things, even as a JCS. It's the whole reason you guys requested that he'd come back as JCS no?

I feel like his vigilance and empathy towards others would be the right fit to govern such a gray area.

Go fuck yourself faggot

3 hours ago, Moose said:

Let me put it like this for you: for the sole reason that JCS have admin privs in discord, and even with our wonderful bot made by bulletford, we cannot hide channels in discord from admins. Previously to becoming JCS, as a manager I could ask the bot to hide #shitposts - that no longer works for me :( . Now yes, I can mute it so I don't see new posts, I can avoid clicking on it. But every once in a while, I go to click on #general-chat (right above the infamous #shitposts), and accidentally hit the wrong channel. Now this isn't the end of the world, as it's usually just pictures of raw chicken #sweetrock. However, if this were to accidentally happen with an nsfw channel at work - it may be the end of (my) world.. jk, I'd just find a new job if it came to that. But I still don't want it happening.

Point being, it's far to easy to accidentally click a channel in discord, versus navigating to the nsfw parts of the forums. There's a reason we've disabled FFA from showing in new topics, posts, and unread content. It makes it much harder to end up there when you don't mean to. Previously this was a problem, as some people would try and stay very up to date on unread topics, and go down the list reading every post, clicking on it if that post wasn't bad, but then ending up in a thread which contained much worse things.

#DiscordIsASafePlace

im pretty sure if you mark it as NSFW forum you have to "Accept" to go into it every time you want to browse it.

Discords "Administrate Server" flag is the one that does this whole bypass thing,

Just remove it from JCS and other staff :) Give Eddy a JCS+ rank so he can administrate the NSFW channel in discord and look at all the furry shit that will be posted.

You can technically still administrate discord servers without that flag.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

only solution is to create a new discord server outside staff influence and spam the inv link around

what are they gonna do ban us for having discord servers LOL

Eddy:

"We have JP'd the following members for conspiricy to the clan:"

Carl Sagan

Beerman

Cookie Eater

SpartanSakaro

Destin

1 hour ago, cookie eater said:

Eddy:

"We have JP'd the following members for conspiricy to the clan:"

Carl Sagan

Beerman

Cookie Eater

SpartanSakaro

Destin

Wouldn't be the first time eddy tries to jp me 

5 hours ago, cookie eater said:

im pretty sure if you mark it as NSFW forum you have to "Accept" to go into it every time you want to browse it.

Discords "Administrate Server" flag is the one that does this whole bypass thing,

Just remove it from JCS and other staff :) Give Eddy a JCS+ rank so he can administrate the NSFW channel in discord and look at all the furry shit that will be posted.

You can technically still administrate discord servers without that flag.

No, you don't. I'm in a few discords with NSFW channels - I don't even go to those servers while at work.

And we're not going to remove admin from JCS... 

Obvious solution is for you guys to make a SG NSFW discord server and call it a day??? Beerman can run it since he’s so passionate.