Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesbian Dad

Its been 10 years y'all

Around this time ten years ago, I joined a Counter Strike clan called Undead Vengeance. A lot of you probably already know the history of this place, so I won't bore you with it. Now, I don't play Counter Strike or participate as much as I did when I first started, but I can tell you that over these ten years since I joined sG, things have changed a lot. There are plenty of memorable things I could speak to, and I'm sure there are many people here that are asking: "who is this mofo?"

Well, let me start with a reintroduction of myself and give a brief history of my tenure here. Believe it or not, I was voted into UV because I spammed sounds into the microphone via HLDJ. At least that was the reason given on my application which is long since gone after a forum transition. I mainly played on the zombie servers, but occasionally dropped into surf. Those were my favorites and I stuck to them. I still spammed sounds, even though the clan frowned upon it. Despite that, they kept me around for a number years.

Then... we went from UV to sG. During that transition or somewhere along the way, I was made an adviser. I kept that title for some time before there was another clan shake-up. I was offered the position back but, ultimately declined because I didn't want to do the job anymore, among other things. From there, I still helped the clan out in numerous ways. I helped set up and manage sG's first climb server and also became a common face around the Garry's Mod TTT server, making YouTube videos from the funniest moments during the matches I played. I also took part in the sG's VIP thingy (which I still have yet to receive a blue plaque for below my name). There are other things I have done, most of them small, but those are the major things I can remember right now. Please feel free to add anything you feel as significant, like me faking my voice to sound like a washed up action movie star.

Anyway, just thought I would share this with all of you. Its been ten years, officially ten years as a clan member this July, but it all started on a hot summer's day during my college break and I don't think I'll ever forget that when it comes to video gaming. To everybody who knows me or has appreciated me in some way for my work here or play time together, thank you. I'm not saying goodbye, but I'll be around.

Lesbian Dad

Happy 10 years! ;)

What at was the "VIP thingy" you talked about?

Time to go MIA for 7 more years then come back to a community I'm inactive in just to say I've been here for ten years :^)

Congrats man! Its crazy to think some of you have been playing on these servers for 10 whole years its astonishing that you stuck around here after many changes.

17 hours ago, Lesbian Dad said:

Around this time ten years ago, I joined a Counter Strike clan called Undead Vengeance. A lot of you probably already know the history of this place, so I won't bore you with it. Now, I don't play Counter Strike or participate as much as I did when I first started, but I can tell you that over these ten years since I joined sG, things have changed a lot. There are plenty of memorable things I could speak to, and I'm sure there are many people here that are asking: "who is this mofo?"

Well, let me start with a reintroduction of myself and give a brief history of my tenure here. Believe it or not, I was voted into UV because I spammed sounds into the microphone via HLDJ. At least that was the reason given on my application which is long since gone after a forum transition. I mainly played on the zombie servers, but occasionally dropped into surf. Those were my favorites and I stuck to them. I still spammed sounds, even though the clan frowned upon it. Despite that, they kept me around for a number years.

Then... we went from UV to sG. During that transition or somewhere along the way, I was made an adviser. I kept that title for some time before there was another clan shake-up. I was offered the position back but, ultimately declined because I didn't want to do the job anymore, among other things. From there, I still helped the clan out in numerous ways. I helped set up and manage sG's first climb server and also became a common face around the Garry's Mod TTT server, making YouTube videos from the funniest moments during the matches I played. I also took part in the sG's VIP thingy (which I still have yet to receive a blue plaque for below my name). There are other things I have done, most of them small, but those are the major things I can remember right now. Please feel free to add anything you feel as significant, like me faking my voice to sound like a washed up action movie star.

Anyway, just thought I would share this with all of you. Its been ten years, officially ten years as a clan member this July, but it all started on a hot summer's day during my college break and I don't think I'll ever forget that when it comes to video gaming. To everybody who knows me or has appreciated me in some way for my work here or play time together, thank you. I'm not saying goodbye, but I'll be around.

Lesbian Dad

Stay Alpha

10 hours ago, Llethander said:

Your original application is right here, ya Alpha mufukker.

no shit! I thought this was lost to the void! and @Howard Dean, I probably should've mentioned the whole voice thing too.