Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmileyCat

Transgender Community

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

As you can see gender refers typically to social identities rather than biological. Trans people are saying their personal social identity is not the same as their sexual one. Not hard to understand.  Im not even a sjw. Its just called taking the time to understand issues rather than saying " o i dont understand it" 

And cutting off a penis is a little bit like changing your reproductive functions. Not that it occurs in all transgenders, but it does occasionally. In which case they'd be changing both their physical and social gender.

Just now, Sith said:

And cutting off a penis is a little bit like changing your reproductive functions. Not that it occurs in all transgenders, but it does occasionally. In which case they'd be changing both their physical and social gender.

Getting a sex change is different than being transgender. Its a different thing that happens to occur among trans but trans identity does not in any way immediately imply you're getting a sex change. So therefore you still showed you misunderstood a fundamental point of what being transgender means

Just now, Sith said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to be transgender, imo

Just now, Beerman said:

Nobody should be allowed to cut off their dick and tits until the brain is fully developed or until they are 21. Discuss.

Agreed. I would also include any hormone therapy. You shouldn't be making those incredibly large life decisions before you're 18. If you want to identify or dress as a different gender before you're 18, feel free. But I don't agree with drastic alterations to your body at that age. 

8 minutes ago, Sith said:

don't understand why anyone would want to be transgender, imo

Many people who are transgender don't want to be. Things like gender dysphoria aren't a choice.

38 minutes ago, Sith said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to be transgender, imo

But other peoples personal lives are really none of my business. If a chick wants a dick or a dude is tired of his, idgaf one way or another, I have my own problems to deal with

If you actially didn't care like you have implied here, you wouldn't be trying to argue something egregious in the first place.

If you're here to try to argue the semnatics of two words however, perhaps you shouldn't try to tout this bullshit before doing so. Make up your mind.

Just now, Rune said:

If you actially didn't care like you have implied here, you wouldn't be trying to argue something egregious in the first place.

If you're here to try to argue the semnatics of two words however, perhaps you shouldn't try to tout this bullshit before doing so. Make up your mind.

People who try to pretend they dont give a shit but then debate trans terminology and show a lack of understanding about what trans means pretty much prove theres something more to their beliefs than simple ignorance 

Personally, I agree with @Dakka on some level. I have friends in the LGBT community. I'm not saying that I'd feel like a failure if my children realize something about their identity later on. I'm saying that that's a non issue at this point. I do take issue with people being over the top on both ends of the issue. "Calling your baby by their gender is abuse!!!" , "Fucking faggots, it's just a brain disorder", both lines are equally toxic in my opinion. Focus less on gender roles and identity, creating issues for children/teens and focus more on fostering a safe, good environment for these kids to form their own opinions in the future. Screaming about gender on either side is pointless, let kids be kids. If your child feels there's something wrong with them, allow them to ask questions and look inwardly to decide for their own well being, not yours.

3 hours ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

There's no use in arguing, we all obviously have different views and beliefs, Dakka and I both believe that it's not just for our happiness, for our benefit to have children, it's what we believe is natural to do, to biologically have children is what we want to do and raise OUR children, and yes, adoption is also an option.

7 commas in 1 sentence... wow :o 

9 hours ago, Dakka said:

As long as you don't talk about it like vegans talk about being vegan, then we'll get along just fine.

Did I just compare vegans to transgenders? You're goddamn right I did.

Yes to both questions. If I have a son, I don't want him telling me he wants to be a girl, and vice versa.

I've been friends with a girl who self-identifies as a boy for a few years now and I call her by both of her names because I'm an asshole LUL .

I'm a young trans guy on testosterone. I can still get pregnant if I wasn't on birth control or Testosterone. I think a lot of transgender people usually want kids before they do anything major like that. I personally do. I'm not gonna get a hysterectomy till I have kids. Also, I know it may seem stupid that someone who has dysphoria about their vagina to have kids, but a lot of people just bear down and try to deal with it for 9 months to be able to have their own kids. It wouldn't make me happy but I'd do it bc I want my own biological kids. lmao

I just want to add though, a full 'sex' change takes years on hormones and multiple surgeries. For example, bottom surgery for trans men has 3 phases. And before that a hysterectomy. Chest surgery is one or two surgeries. Transitioning is a slow process. It can take years to start looking progressively more masculine/feminine. So, if you ever had a kid/teen that was trans, it won't be a fast transition. 

I understand not wanting to lose a son/daughter in that aspect. Like my mom probably felt like she lost a daughter, which I get the mother daughter bond stuff could be broken, vise versa for you.

7 hours ago, Beerman said:

Nobody should be allowed to cut off their dick and tits until the brain is fully developed or until they are 21. Discuss.

Agree. I'm not 21 yet and won't get any surgeries any time soon.

6 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Personally, I agree with @Dakka on some level. I have friends in the LGBT community. I'm not saying that I'd feel like a failure if my children realize something about their identity later on. I'm saying that that's a non issue at this point. I do take issue with people being over the top on both ends of the issue. "Calling your baby by their gender is abuse!!!" , "Fucking faggots, it's just a brain disorder", both lines are equally toxic in my opinion. Focus less on gender roles and identity, creating issues for children/teens and focus more on fostering a safe, good environment for these kids to form their own opinions in the future. Screaming about gender on either side is pointless, let kids be kids. If your child feels there's something wrong with them, allow them to ask questions and look inwardly to decide for their own well being, not yours.

100% agree.

8 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Personally I don't even see gender when I get to know someone. I'm still going to think he/she/xhe is an idiot.

thx rootbeer i love u too

My beliefs are you're born the way you're born, you should accept who and what you are are be happy as such.

Saying that... my opinion is not shared by the world and nor is it law, therefore I am accepting of what others choose to do. Just don't force it down my throat.

Pardon the pun.

My take on this is this, you can be transgender, but you should still identify as you original gender that you were born into under the law, for restrooms, etc.. Now for like public things identify as only male or female, not both, not other, just those 2. This is my opinion you are welcome to agree and disagree or ask clarifying questions.

Just now, TheAAAngel said:

My take on this is this, you can be transgender, but you should still identify as you original gender that you were born into under the law, for restrooms, etc.. Now for like public things identify as only male or female, not both, not other, just those 2. This is my opinion you are welcome to agree and disagree or ask clarifying questions.

I still don't get the restroom thing.

Just now, Travesty said:

There was a big discussion involving trans and restrooms. Say there is only a male and female restroom. A trans who was born male but not self identifies as female should go to the male restroom and vise versa.

Just now, Travesty said:

If you are a Woman but identify as a Male, you can use the Male restrooms vice versa for Man-Woman or whatever you identify as.

Edit: Angel beat me to it by like a second FeelsBadMan

There was a big discussion involving trans and restrooms. Say there is only a male and female restroom. A trans who was born male but not self identifies as female should go to the male restroom and vise versa.

Why is that?

trans people have been around for a long time where do you think they peed before? like you have 100% been in a bathroom at the same time as a trans person before, whether you know it or not.

Just now, gemma said:

trans people have been around for a long time where do you think they peed before? like you have 100% been in a bathroom at the same time as a trans person before, whether you know it or not.

What a bullshit stat. Don't ever say stupid shit like 100% chance like that.

Because that's the gender they are from birth and can never change.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You aren't born with a gender. Gender is more cultural and societal than it is biological. 

I still don't know why that has anything to do with which bathroom you use. 

Because that's the gender they are from birth and can never change.

Why does it matter if a trans male goes into the mens washroom and vice versa?

You aren't born with a gender. Gender is more cultural and societal than it is biological. 

Gender is biological. It comes from the chromosomes in your DNA50a665e2c7636b7ca49852f915b1ce48.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk