Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

JB Vote thread Part 1

Detour and Delays order  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we keep the Detour and Delays rules active?

• Yes keep the order no detour and delays
    • No remove the order detour and delays
    • Make it used on certain orders (games as example, if you pick this please make a post in this thread saying what it should be)

Why even keep that if it confuses people from time to time. What real value does keeping it really have? 

9 hours ago, Piero said:

Why even keep that if it confuses people from time to time. What real value does keeping it really have? 

Only thing I can think of is that people want the chance to rebel if the warden doesn't say it in the order.

5 hours ago, Revöker said:

Only thing I can think of is that people want the chance to rebel if the warden doesn't say it in the order.

Those pansy bitches need to get better at rebelling.

Usually they're killed by a CT and then start a bitch fest explaining that the warden didn't say no detours and delays. Another reason why it should be implied haha.

Keep no detours so people can killwhore for internet points haHAA

13 hours ago, Revöker said:

Thats the point it makes it to easy to rebel T's need to get good and learn how to rebel like Pike does

Gotta be a ninja and run when no one will notice

No one notices like cause they are confused by a t just leaving for vents. Idiot cts sometime

Initially voted "Keep it," but I changed my mind after reading through some of @Travesty points. I was under the pretense that the order for "no detours and delays" gave an opportunity to Ts to "rebel" should a warden mistakenly forget to say them. By this logic, it added an extra layer of complication to the game mode that felt necessary to keep it interesting. In hindsight, though, that reason is moot considering I rarely play JB anymore.

The counter argument on the other hand is fairly strong, and it precludes that the removal of the necessity to saying "no detours and delays" could attract newer players to the server. I don't think I could do anything but reiterate @Travesty's points in the matter, so I'll leave it to those reading to reread the first page. Compounded with this, it would also remove situations in which people get into dramatic arguments over "he said, she said". 

I do see that the vote is heavily weighted in favor of "keep it." 

However I'd also implore @Iherdcows to look rather at the arguments presented rather than the vote. After all, we have 30 people who want to keep it, yet we sit under 10 players each day. Even on weekends. I'd like the think the majority at this point are irrelevant in the matter. Especially considering the only person who has argued for keeping it never plays the server. @Hay0ger.Tonee

http://sg.gameme.com/player_histories/sessions/636908

Edit:

On 5/25/2017 at 0:32 AM, Iherdcows said:

Please keep in mind that just because an option wins, doesn't mean it will be implemented. It just probably WILL be implemented. 

Ahh, it was already said.

I would also like to point out that, while I don't play the server often, clearly I care enough to donate $100 to try to see it populate.

7 minutes ago, Rune said:

Especially considering the only person who has argued for keeping it never plays the server. @Hay0ger.Tonee

http://sg.gameme.com/player_histories/sessions/636908

I'm pretty sure my 2+ years of activity, while it may not be right now because I have more important things to do than try to one-up you in playtime, accounts for me being able to argue for / against changes on the server.

Just now, Hay0ger.Tonee said:

I'm pretty sure my 2+ years of activity, while it may not be right now because I have more important things to do than try to one-up you in playtime, accounts for me being able to argue for / against changes on the server.

No one tried to one up you in play time. You'd know that if you actually bothered reading what I had to say. 

Instead it was along the lines of, "You and everyone else don't play, and your arguments are weak comparable to the counter argument." Two years of play time mean nothing to anyone.

But hey, you do you. It's a requirement in sG that you counter someone without actually contributing anything important.

Should be applied just to games, if you don't include "no detours and delays" after the order to play a game. IMO It's just filler that needs to be remembered and added to the end of every order unnecessarily. That being said, it's really not that big of a deal either way, just a few extra words.

16 hours ago, Smash said:

Should be applied just to games, if you don't include "no detours and delays" after the order to play a game. IMO It's just filler that needs to be remembered and added to the end of every order unnecessarily. That being said, it's really not that big of a deal either way, just a few extra words.

Ya I think the vote should also have a IDC option.  I know if someone doesn't care then they could just not vote but then it skews our perception on how many people care about this issue in a percentage fashion.  Also with what people said in the first page, I was thinking that the options should be cleared up since people seem to still be confused with what they are voting for. @Iherdcows

example that i made yesterday.

Hx3lrki.png

And with what @Rune said about players arguing about this rule and not having recent playtime, I can kind of agree.  If changing this rule can help improve the pop than that would probably be more important than some older players that don't play as much anymore.  So long as none of the changes are very drastic in nature (Like changing AFK freeze) I don't see much problems with it.

I also think T's are too bitchy now.  If they can't rebel every round they seem to get upset, this isn't DM stop playing like it is.  Rebelling used to be reserved for when bitch ass wardens became killwhores or someone just took too long to do something Revoker and it wasn't fun anyways.  Now T's seem to rebel even when WARDEN MONKEH is warden, which is just ridiculous, like they are trying and become famous like WIND.exe, Pike, or Azzkicker.  But when too many people try and do that it really kills the server.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:29 PM, Travesty said:

What's happening with this?

I talked to cows. I think he's leaning more  towards removing detours and delays but nothing in stone. He wanted to wait a bit longer this was a couple days ago though.