Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

JB Vote thread Part 1

Detour and Delays order  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we keep the Detour and Delays rules active?

• Yes keep the order no detour and delays
    • No remove the order detour and delays
    • Make it used on certain orders (games as example, if you pick this please make a post in this thread saying what it should be)

Okay. So it started off with only a few people wanting these changes in JB, it has now risen to a bunch more. So I'm going to make a few threads with one vote in each. The threads will also be used to discuss the current vote. Please keep in mind that just because an option wins, doesn't mean it will be implemented. It just probably WILL be implemented. 

Things I plan on running votes for

Detour and Delays (this thread)

How many rounds per map

How many maps are needed before you can nominate a recently played map

And a few more That I wrote down somewhere and cant find

3rd option, detours/delays enables cts to kill people who purposely aren't actively completing games in an attempt to waste peoples' time. I mean I guess you could say "you must be actively participating" but I feel like they're similar in the same vein. idk just a thought otherwise my vote goes towards yes.

Thanks for doing the vote cows. And please don't apply this to the cheating one this helps like trick ts into killing themselves even though they don't.

I'm confused. Is the vote to remove the requirement to say "no detours or delays" and make it implied in every order? Or is it to allow the Ts to detour and delay?

Just now, thorgot said:

I'm confused. Is the vote to remove the requirement to say "no detours or delays" and make it implied in every order? Or is it to allow the Ts to detour and delay?

To become implied with like the first order of the round from the warden. Well at least what Don said or can't remember is that the warden would say his first order like step out of cells and freeze no detours and delays and then that becomes implied for the rest of the round. I think

Just now, Booch said:

To become implied with like the first order of the round from the warden. Well at least what Don said or can't remember is that the warden would say his first order like step out of cells and freeze no detours and delays and then that becomes implied for the rest of the round. I think

I know what I want it to mean too, but it's confusingly worded.

I've posted a lot about why I think we should remove the requirement to say this about every order. The main reason is that it is one of the more serious barriers to entry for people joining our server.

Just now, thorgot said:

I know what I want it to mean too, but it's confusingly worded.

I've posted a lot about why I think we should remove the requirement to say this about every order. The main reason is that it is one of the more serious barriers to entry for people joining our server.

Hence that's why we are having a vote

The worst thing I can think of having the rule in place (other than having it as a barrier to new people) is that even active players will sometimes not hear and sit there and argue whether it was said or not claiming Freekill.  This also happens even when warden doesn't say "No detours, No delays" but only 1 person noticed it and the warden claims he did say it.

I'd say change it to an LR option.  I think it would be much more fun that way.  Also should have a 4th option for people that don't really care either way.

How about this instead

New rule for detours and delays:

"You must say no detours and no delays on the first order given as Warden. After that, 'no detours and delays' is implied for the following orders given by the Warden in the round."

Best of both worlds. People can still inform the new player who is wardening that they have to say it once. Then after that, the round can move smoothly without any bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Travesty said:

How about this instead

"You must say no detours and no delays on the first order given as Warden. After that, 'no detours and delays' is implied for the following orders given by the Warden in the round."

Best of both worlds. People can still inform the new player who is wardening that they have to say it once. Then after that, the round can move smoothly without any bullshit.

I feel like this removes some of the difficulty that comes with the role of warden... Then people would just fight about it later in the round saying "YOU DIDN'T REALLY SAY IT IN THE FIRST ORDER, NO ONE ELSE HEARD IT" or something along those lines.

I think it should stay as a thing, this has been the core of our orders for however many years and if it were to be removed it could cause a lot of loop-holing and confusion. Without it the round will most probably take longer, making the game drag on and bore the players

Just now, Hay0ger.Tonee said:

I feel like this removes some of the difficulty that comes with the role of warden... Then people would just fight about it later in the round saying "YOU DIDN'T REALLY SAY IT IN THE FIRST ORDER, NO ONE ELSE HEARD IT" or something along those lines.

I think it should stay as a thing, this has been the core of our orders for however many years and if it were to be removed it could cause a lot of loop-holing and confusion. Without it the round will most probably take longer, making the game drag on and bore the players

Saying 'no detours and no delays' doesn't make wardening difficult. It's just confusing for newer players to get used to. It creates problems with the rounds and discourages new players to stick around.

Usually you'll see someone new take over warden and then get trolled by all the other players either spamming him in chat or walking around towards the new warden hoping he freekills you because he hasn't said no detours or delays. The warden gets slayed and then questions why he was slayed. He has to wait out the round and usually says 'fuck this, I'm out' before the next round starts. It does nothing but make the round turn into chaos for no good reason. The round would run much smoother like every other round (how jailbreak is supposed to be played) if it were just implied, similar to other popular servers.

It's redundant and pointless. Just because 'we've always done it', isn't a good reason to keep it.

I'm not sure how you think it would make the game drag on, bore the players or make it take longer though. Can you explain?

Edit:

Think about it. Right now we are at a great need of new and eager players to keep this server populated. We need to look at ways to keep new players around.

I really wish the vote was public so we could see who's actually voting and if they even still play jailbreak.

Just now, Travesty said:

I'm not sure how you think it would make the game drag on, bore the players or make it take longer though. Can you explain?

If it were implied, then i retract that final statement, but if it had to be said on the first order, like you had implied, then I do believe it would drag on. This is because there would just be a lot of people trying to challenge the validity of the warden actually having said "No detours and delays" at the first order. that would happen, I estimate, about 4/10 rounds, because people really like to be difficult and try to challenge anything they can in order to get a better round.

If it were implied, then i retract that final statement, but if it had to be said on the first order, like you had implied, then I do believe it would drag on. This is because there would just be a lot of people trying to challenge the validity of the warden actually having said "No detours and delays" at the first order. that would happen, I estimate, about 4/10 rounds, because people really like to be difficult and try to challenge anything they can in order to get a better round.

Fair enough, then I'd rather just have it implied. I was just trying to be accommodating to the people that still wanted to keep it.

Just now, Travesty said:

Fair enough, then I'd rather just have it implied. I was just trying to be accommodating to the people that still wanted to keep it.

It's either implied or the system is kept the way it is, if Ts were allowed to detour and delay then that would ruin the entire essence of the game that is Jailbreak, but if it stays the same then people would just have to continue saying, regardless of how monotonous, "No Detours or Delays, after every order

It's either implied or the system is kept the way it is, if Ts were allowed to detour and delay then that would ruin the entire essence of the game that is Jailbreak, but if it stays the same then people would just have to continue saying, regardless of how monotonous, "No Detours or Delays, after every order

People are able to say it whenever they like.

To be clear (as I saw it was brought up before), this is vote is for whether the warden should have to say the order or not. Terrorists would still not be allowed to detour and delay on every order as that would just be silly.

I went with the 3rd option, I believe that we should not have the detours/ delays on any movement commands from point A-B but keep them for games so that there is a way from T's to cheat on games the warden wants them to but they have to listen out for it.

I also feel as hearing the words "No detours or delays" gets quite annoying after the first 10 times its said, but with that also keep the "freeze" part so that T's still have a chance to rebel over any fuck-ups the warden makes.

Lastly it makes it easier for new players to get used to wardening on our severs because they wont keep tripping up and feeling bad about forgetting to say "no detours or delays" but they remember to say freeze because from past experience when i played on different JB servers to see how they were played everyone would only add freeze to the end of their orders and it made much more sense to me.

Edit: Also I agree with @Revöker's statements on how it should be an LR option to make it so that detours and delays must be said after every order kind of like a Proper Englishman day where the Warden must say Terrorists and not T's etc... and if they fail to do so they get slayed or warden is instantly passed something along those lines.

53 minutes ago, Travesty said:

How about this instead

I feel like if this was said then it would cause the round to instantly go into chaos mode because Ts would run around i feel like it should be removed as a whole besides for games.

Just now, Rock said:

i feel like it should be removed as a whole besides for games

Why would you need it for games?

Just now, Travesty said:

Why would you need it for games?

Because there are games on some maps that T's take to long to complete and I feel like if there was a way to try to see what T's are really paying attention then you could drop the no cheating part and watch as all the T's die from not listening, also there are some games that T's struggle with and no one can complete that takes to long so if you made it so cheating was allowed in the middle of the game again then you could just say something like " All T's must finish Climb by 6:30 with no detours or delays" you know? cause then it gives them the hint "Hey I can cheat now and beat all the other T's"

Just now, Rock said:

I went with the 3rd option, I believe that we should not have the detours/ delays on any movement commands from point A-B but keep them for games so that there is a way from T's to cheat on games the warden wants them to but they have to listen out for it.

I also feel as hearing the words "No detours or delays" gets quite annoying after the first 10 times its said, but with that also keep the "freeze" part so that T's still have a chance to rebel over any fuck-ups the warden makes.

Lastly it makes it easier for new players to get used to wardening on our severs because they wont keep tripping up and feeling bad about forgetting to say "no detours or delays" but they remember to say freeze because from past experience when i played on different JB servers to see how they were played everyone would only add freeze to the end of their orders and it made much more sense to me.

Edit: Also I agree with @Revöker's statements on how it should be an LR option to make it so that detours and delays must be said after every order kind of like a Proper Englishman day where the Warden must say Terrorists and not T's etc... and if they fail to do so they get slayed or warden is instantly passed something along those lines.

I feel like if this was said then it would cause the round to instantly go into chaos mode because Ts would run around i feel like it should be removed as a whole besides for games.

No detours or Delays is not related to cheating.  Warden will still have to say no cheating.  

And guys.  Detours and delays does not apply in games!  You can detour and delay in a game all you want because making players go to fast kills them and it's hard to judge if a player is trying to play at their pace vs delaying (face it many players suck so it's hard to judge).  If you don't want T's going afk in the game give a better prize, place a time limit, or say "you must actively participate" (but that runs in the same problem of judging if a player is delaying or playing slowly).

I prefer the first option. Because we have to clarify and say "no detours or delays" that's one of the reasons sG is my JB server, because it's unique. If we didn't have to say it I think it would just become more like other JB servers...

Just now, Revöker said:

No detours or Delays is not related to cheating.  Warden will still have to say no cheating.  

And guys.  Detours and delays does not apply in games!  You can detour and delay in a game all you want because making players go to fast kills them and it's hard to judge if a player is trying to play at their pace vs delaying (face it many players suck so it's hard to judge).  If you don't want T's going afk in the game give a better prize, place a time limit, or say "you must actively participate" (but that runs in the same problem of judging if a player is delaying or playing slowly).

Oh then I would say just remove it, I thought it would still be part of it because most of the time people say No dets Dealys or cheating, I guess i must have missed something but yea if cheating is still a need to be said then I say just remove the No dets or delays part as a whole

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

I prefer the first option. Because we have to clarify and say "no detours or delays" that's one of the reasons sG is my JB server, because it's unique. If we didn't have to say it I think it would just become more like other JB servers...

Orange could you clarify this a little more, I mean you havent really been there for the major chaos and shouting and raging that happened it really just ruined a round and was a waste of time and made lots of people get upset

Just now, Rock said:

Orange could you clarify this a little more, I mean you havent really been there for the major chaos and shouting and raging that happened it really just ruined a round and was a waste of time and made lots of people get upset

I'm just saying I would prefer for them to still have to say "no detours delays or cheating" if you don't want them to detour, delay or cheat. I'm not encouraging killwhoring I just like that we have to say "no detours or delays" because it's unique from all the other jailbreak servers I've been on and I like it. I wasn't there for that round though, I don't thihnk... What happened?

3 hours ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Question if it's removed that just means it's implied after every order right ? Or does this mean it will be like afk freee now?

never afk freeze

@Revöker as a t you can delay a game all you want until a timelimit is usually given, but if you detour out of the payable area of a game you will probably get mowed down.