Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booch

PC Build This Summer

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TrPDVY

My new PC I just got really cheap isn't going to cut it so I'm going to build hopefully one that will last me a while. If anyone that looks at the list could tell me if I can get better deals or what I should replace on there would be much appreciated. Any input would be helpful.

1st: What is your budget and how much can you maybe go over.

2nd: What are you aiming for gaming wise? (quality/fps)

3rd: Are you planning on doing other things such as streaming or video rendering? (If so then spend more on a cpu)

4th: Do you plan on upgrading later?

Agree with freekiller. Dual monitors is overrated if it means you have to pull back on hardware to get it.

Dude drop the monitors and get a better processor.

You can always get new monitors later on.
Also Computex is coming up and that should cause prices on older hardware to fall

Made some adjustments and you can get a relatively better pc set up for around the same price
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z2XBtJ

Problem with this is I plan on doing recording/streaming along with music recording I don't want it all to be on one monitor
1st: What is your budget and how much can you maybe go over.
2nd: What are you aiming for gaming wise? (quality/fps)
3rd: Are you planning on doing other things such as streaming or video rendering? (If so then spend more on a cpu)
4th: Do you plan on upgrading later?

1100$ max
I want to have good quality and a good frame rate nothing too insane.
And I am
And not really I want this one to last me a while

4 hours ago, Don Juan said:

Agree with freekiller. Dual monitors is overrated if it means you have to pull back on hardware to get it.

So a few things:

1) What's wrong with your current setup that you can't use the monitor, mouse, and keyboard that you're already using? You could up your budget on parts if you don't need peripherals. 

2) if you're streaming, you're going to want a better processor.

3) I'd personally get a better rated power supply. I had almost the exact same one one time, lasted about a year before I started seeing issues. 

4) You will be extremely happy if you can fit in an SSD. If nothing else just for windows, but having your top game or two is also awesome. 

5) do you need a disc reader? I know it's only $20, but I don't know the last time I put a cd in my computer...

7) Same as above, with wifi? I am always wired on my desktop. Obviously might not be an option for you, but figured I'd ask. 

8) do you need the hard drive? Why can't you use the hard drive in your current computer?

Overall I think you can get much better parts that you'd be happier with, if your able to at least wait on upgrading peripherals. 

(Also don't forget that dandy amazon link we have ;) )

Also, here's what I'd suggest (it's $20 over budget, but after rebates it's $25 under): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zMR9Yr

41 minutes ago, Booch said:

Problem with this is I plan on doing recording/streaming along with music recording I don't want it all to be on one monitor
1100$ max
And I am

If you're streaming its really important you have a good cpu. You should try to get something better imo

Edit: make sure it has hyper threading. 

So a few things:
1) What's wrong with your current setup that you can't use the monitor, mouse, and keyboard that you're already using? You could up your budget on parts if you don't need peripherals. 
2) if you're streaming, you're going to want a better processor.
3) I'd personally get a better rated power supply. I had almost the exact same one one time, lasted about a year before I started seeing issues. 
4) You will be extremely happy if you can fit in an SSD. If nothing else just for windows, but having your top game or two is also awesome. 
5) do you need a disc reader? I know it's only $20, but I don't know the last time I put a cd in my computer...
7) Same as above, with wifi? I am always wired on my desktop. Obviously might not be an option for you, but figured I'd ask. 
8) do you need the hard drive? Why can't you use the hard drive in your current computer?

Overall I think you can get much better parts that you'd be happier with, if your able to at least wait on upgrading peripherals. 

(Also don't forget that dandy amazon link we have  )

Also, here's what I'd suggest (it's $20 over budget, but after rebates it's $25 under): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zMR9Yr

I do need an upgrade on mouse and keyboard just trust me on that one lol but I like the parts you put I might extend my budget so I can get the mouse and keyboard

1 hour ago, Booch said:

1100$ max
And I am

Why can't you use your current monitor and just get a second one, because an i3 and a low-end graphics card is not going to last you for a while.

It would be rough trying to stream off of a pc like that as well

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I do need an upgrade on mouse and keyboard just trust me on that one lol but I like the parts you put I might extend my budget so I can get the mouse and keyboard

In that case, I found you a new mouse

expensive-mouse-gold-bullion-wireless-mo

It's only like $35k.

I'm glad you're making the smart choice though. Another option for your keyboard and mouse (I get your current ones must suck) is you can buy the computer, then a month later when you have more money buy the keyboard and mouse. You don't have to include them at the same time.

Personally I dont think a 1000 dollar pc build for an I3 is worth it.  I say scrap it and re-do it.

When I built my i5 my entire pc cost me 860 dollars, monitor and windows OS was bought separately.

Something that nobody touched on was windows. Never buy OEM keys. If anything goes wrong, GG for you, you're out $100. Just get a full copy of W10 and save yourself the headache

9 hours ago, Moose said:

In that case, I found you a new mouse

expensive-mouse-gold-bullion-wireless-mo

It's only like $35k.

I'm glad you're making the smart choice though. Another option for your keyboard and mouse (I get your current ones must suck) is you can buy the computer, then a month later when you have more money buy the keyboard and mouse. You don't have to include them at the same time.

I'm legit not joking my mouse is this rn everything I have is old and I do with what I can but now I'm old enough to get job and get paid.

lPWeVLa.jpg

12 hours ago, Booch said:

I'm legit not joking my mouse is this rn everything I have is old and I do with what I can but now I'm old enough to get job and get paid.

lPWeVLa.jpg

Better then one of these Kappa 

Logitech-Cordless-Optical-Trackman-Track

On 5/23/2017 at 1:50 AM, Booch said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TrPDVY

My new PC I just got really cheap isn't going to cut it so I'm going to build hopefully one that will last me a while. If anyone that looks at the list could tell me if I can get better deals or what I should replace on there would be much appreciated. Any input would be helpful.

CPU

IMO, if you are going for minimal "future-proofing" get a ryzen 5 1500X (4 cores 8 threads > 2 Cores 2 threads) at $189. This CPU will also get you streaming much better than an i3 as well as a really nice fps boost. Or just be an intel type and buy a i5

MOTHERBOARD

A fucking Z170 (oc'able) mobo for a non-oc dual-core!? I'm going to assume you're relatively inexperienced. The Z-Series chip sets are designed for OC (overclocking) and you wont be able to make much headroom with a shitakimushrooms type build. Get a H170 or a B150 board. In relation to Ryzen, get a B350 board.

CPU COOLER

What the hell is that cpu cooler!?! anyhow, I suggest just keeping the ryzen stock cooler if you decide to go to a 1500X. Or if you are still an intel type, grab a hyper 212 EVO as its TDP is higher, its popular, and its great value.

RAM

I don't understand the use of such low profile brands (majority of the things you have I dont know the branding of). I suggest getting G.Skill, kingston, or Corsair DDR4 RAM as they are large companies with a trustworthy history of success.

STORAGE

Do you know how slow a HDD is for booting? SSD will allow you to boot faster, load games faster, stream with delay or help with throughput. I would suggest a WD Blue 2TB + a Sandisk 120 GB (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9G414U?tag=price301-20&ascsubtag=241778374&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER)

GPU

A 460 isnt going to get you far, besides a rx 560 is out (or is just around the corner) for a price premium of like 2 dollars. I would highly suggest a RX 580, GTX 1060, or possibly a 1070 (if you push your budget). 460 wont get you more than 60 fps when streaming too... Its an entry card and you want to stream and future proof........... pls

Case

meh

PSU

Would strongly recommend a 80+ Gold PSU up to 650W (for ryzen) or 550W (intel)

OTHER

An optical drive in 2017?

go to kinguin.net and get win 10 pro for 30 bucks.

What kind of a shitty sound card are you buying??????????? A lot of built in sound systems are already quite good, I think that they could easily beat that extra 37 dollars you are trying to spend....

Get a USB wifi Adapter. 

yuck! screens (wouldn't recommend buying 2 right away as you only need max 2 and I am assuming that you already have one). 5ms response disgusting, get at least a 2ms

I suggest getting a G402 if you like egro as it allows macros, feels great, offers great tracking, etc...

LIST

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvvyr7

I know its over 1100 but it gets you better screens, more cores, better mouse/keyboard, better ram, better psu, basicly better everything. Minus the optical wifi soundcard (super unnessary)

I would also like to add that, in the last couple years, MB WiFi and sound has gotten good enough that unless you need audiophile shit (which that Xonar IS NOT), just get a high-end MOBO. Trust me when I say, you will NEVER regret the money spent on a decent, high-end MOBO (something around $225 from ASUS or Gigabyte - pref. ASUS). Get a Maximus IX Hero for your budget - looks pretty kickass too. i3s are basically made obsolete by the OC Pentiums of Kaby Lake and Ryzen anyways, as others have said, so if you're low-budgeting the build, get a Ryzen. If you can open the wallet a little more and want absolute future-proof get an i5-7600k. I'd stick to Corsair on memory, I've heard Team group can be a toss-up. You definitely need an SSD in a modern machine, even if it is a cheap or low-capacity boot drive. Try an Intel 600p M.2, a MyDigitalSSD BPX M.2, or, for lower price, a Samsung 850 EVO or whatever SanDisk is the cheapest. Definitely go for Win 10 Pro over Home, the $8 you save is not worth it with all the built-in features Microsoft restricts to Pro. PSU is questionable, try for Gold at least. Skimping on the thing that takes down everything else if it dies is a bad idea. The case is debatable, but if you like the aesthetic then go for it.

Edit: Lemme put together a substitute at around the same price range for ya Booch.

Here is a high-ball rig at $1300:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MXXFnn

i5-7600k allows excellent game performance, stability, and future-proofing

CM Hyper 212 EVO is cheaper than Cryorig cooler and offers similar performance

Maximus IX Code looks killer, has excellent sound, good WiFI, great overclocking, and is damn near indestructible; it also has 2 M.2 slots and lots of good I/O, as well as I/O reset buttons and a bunch of unboxing goodies and cables.

Corsair RAM is cheaper than the Team Group Dark  memory and much more stable + warrantied.

The SK Hynix SSD is a bit of a splurge, but this is the high-end build. Best $/GB SSD with excellent performance below $400.

ASUS Radeon RX 460 STRIX has 4GB of VRAM (above the norm 2) and excellent cooling, which means it deserves the extra $20 over the Gigabyte  model. Besides, its RGB lighting is tasteful and sublime, syncing with the motherboard's with ASUS Aura Sync  and looks godlike.

EVGA PSU - you need a good PSU for a PC worth more than $500. NEED. I restrict to 80+ Gold and brand name EVGA, Corsair, SeaSonic, or Super Flower. EVGA had the cheapest fully-modular PSU, and the 3rd-generation version of it is only $5 more expensive for a much smaller, cooler, and quieter module. No-brainer.

Windows 10 Pro can often be seen for $100, you just need to wait for the right sale time.

This AOC monitor also goes on sale for $100 often, and has Freesync and 75 Hz refresh - a noticable advantage in refresh and frame-dropping issues in CS:GO and other fast-paced FPS games. (cheapest monitor to do so and still be reliable, on my own shortlist).

Corsair keyboard and mouse are a little more expensive than your Redragon choices, but look and feel a lot more solid in addition to having a much better user experience. The mouse has killer RGB frontglow and lighting, and the keyboard is mechanical and looks sleek af. Worth the extra IMO.

I'll change some parts around for a lower-priced rig and post it soon.

Middle-line rig at $1200:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hJzWTH

The Strix sacrifices some looks, durability, features, and goodies, as well as the killer overclocking, but keeps excellent marks in all of those categories.

Storage is more conservative. Hitachi Ultrastar is their premier HDD, for a good deal. PNY SSD is not the best, but reliable enough as a boot/program drive.

K55 RGB shaves $10 off the other keyboard. What it loses in sleek af steel and mechanical keys it gains in price and RGB considerations. Both keyboards come with an excellent, grippy handrest too, which is a big plus Corsair is known for.

Your original budget ($1000):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rycVQV

To compensate for Ryzen issues, added a $4 more expensive HDD for the extra cache.

CM Devastator mouse/keyboard cheaper but about the same quality as Redragon. Comes in multiple colors.

BTW: For more expensive builds feel free to swap NZXT case for Corsair R270 - same price, different aesthetic (but I think the S340 is more functional).

You can mix and match parts from the price tiers to fit your needs and budget. I know you play a lot of CS:GO so I tried to factor that into the build.

You can also add $15 Cablemod RGB strips which will plug into the STRIX and Code motherboards to sync with the lighting on the GPU and MB, and line your case with them.

1 hour ago, nymical said:

To compensate for Ryzen issues, added a $4 more expensive HDD for the extra cache.

Storage cache does not equal CPU cache........................................................................ And the majority of Ryzen parts have been sorted out/ is in the process of getting sorted out.

WTF IS WITH YOU AND AESTHETICS????????? RGB STRIPS ON A RELATIVELY BUDGET BUILD LUL?

2 hours ago, nymical said:

i5-7600k allows excellent game performance, stability, and future-proofing

CM Hyper 212 EVO is cheaper than Cryorig cooler and offers similar performance

Maximus IX Code looks killer, has excellent sound, good WiFI, great overclocking, and is damn near indestructible; it also has 2 M.2 slots and lots of good I/O, as well as I/O reset buttons and a bunch of unboxing goodies and cables.

The SK Hynix SSD is a bit of a splurge, but this is the high-end build. Best $/GB SSD with excellent performance below $400.

ASUS Radeon RX 460 STRIX has 4GB of VRAM (above the norm 2) and excellent cooling, which means it deserves the extra $20 over the Gigabyte  model. Besides, its RGB lighting is tasteful and sublime, syncing with the motherboard's with ASUS Aura Sync  and looks godlike.

EVGA PSU - you need a good PSU for a PC worth more than $500. NEED. I restrict to 80+ Gold and brand name EVGA, Corsair, SeaSonic, or Super Flower. EVGA had the cheapest fully-modular PSU, and the 3rd-generation version of it is only $5 more expensive for a much smaller, cooler, and quieter module. No-brainer.

Windows 10 Pro can often be seen for $100, you just need to wait for the right sale time.

This AOC monitor also goes on sale for $100 often, and has Freesync and 75 Hz refresh - a noticable advantage in refresh and frame-dropping issues in CS:GO and other fast-paced FPS games. (cheapest monitor to do so and still be reliable, on my own shortlist).

Corsair keyboard and mouse are a little more expensive than your Redragon choices, but look and feel a lot more solid in addition to having a much better user experience. The mouse has killer RGB frontglow and lighting, and the keyboard is mechanical and looks sleek af. Worth the extra IMO.

I'll change some parts around for a lower-priced rig and post it soon.

The intel i5 series is dead. Ryzen 5 offers more cores/more threads than i5 for the same price.

The amd stock coolers are quite good now and offer great temperatures with low sound with their wraith spire/max, I agree with hyper 212 evo anyways.

You are getting a high-end motherboard designed for some of the best overclocks with some of the best ascetics for a budget of 1300...? I dont understand your logic right here as there is a unnecessary amount of money burning in this. At a maximum I would reccomend a Z170 (because you dont need optane support) asus strix-e motherboard or a z270 version of it.

You spent so much money on a motherboard. You are also overpaying for 4 gbs when you should just be getting the lowest amount as the highest amount of memory you can get on a gpu is normaly overpriced.

I can agree with the choice of the PSU other than getting the most updated (G3) version of it as it adds unnecessary price to it at minimal benefits.

Kinguin.com

AOC is overpriced. Stay with the monitors that I suggested. It is highly unnecessary to use a FreeSync monitor especialy with a 460 and a max refreshrate of 75 hz...

Mouse and keyboard functionality is first, bullshit second. You put bullshit first, functionality second.

You also put in the first post that you really should get a highend motherboard just for wifi. pay 5.99 and get yourself a modest usb wifi adapter.

The future is ryzen. not a dead i5 that had its market share plummet by 40%

His ssd doesnt need to be a m.2

Everything I said stands.

Cache refers to storage return speeds which have seen some lag with Ryzen because the Infinity Fabric link to media controllers introduces synthetic operation multiplication. Having more disk cache counteracts that.

If you call me an "intel [sic] fanboy," I can counter by calling you a Ryzen fanboy. If you think i5 is worthless or "dead" compared to Ryzen, you need to check your sources. I selected Ryzen as better value, but kept with the i5 for higher performance. Ryzen for the same price as an i5 could par with it; however, as you yourself aknowledged, Ryzen has had and continues to have some issues. Nothing rig-busting, but enough to consider it slightly lower than an i5 - especially  in terms of compatibility, product ecosystem, and optimization. I chose a less expensive (yet still formidable) Ryzen for the $1k build.

Better motherboards used to only be for extreme overclocking, yet that is no longer the case. The ASUS Code has many other advantages (a few of which I have already enumerated), but let me spell the most critical out for you:

1. The board is build as a high-end product, and therefore is a package few other boards have.

- Dual M.2

- PCIe resource management

- Extra SATA ports

- RGB built-in to board + controlled header w/sync

- Has side buttons for reset and CMOS

- Cables included

- A bunch of other goodies included

- Looks kickass

2. Built-in extremely high-quality sound is literally  higher-quality than a $120 Sound Blaster Z add-in card, and puts that Xonar Booch originally had to shame (not that this sound quality is necessary, but it eliminates the need for add-in sound - ever.), and  it has an amp for headphones.

3. High board durability, I/O shield, and full-board cover - not only looks super cool, but helps with physical stability as well.

4. Built-in ASUS high quality WiFi module - eliminates need for add-in card and has very few issues and no drivers required. (I would not wish USB WiFi on anybody)

But that's enough - if you doubt the choice, go read the fucking ASUS product page for their advertisement. Even that would bolster your current level of understanding, apparently.

Booch is literally playing 1080p at sub-144 fps. He doesn't need any  higher than an RX 460, and I recommend the 4GB model so he can crank up the effects and AA in CS:GO. 

The G3 model, as opposed to the NEX (G0), is, as I said, only $5 more expensive. What you fail to realize (if you had actually investigated the product), is that the G3 version has much better fan control, is quieter, is much smaller and thermally efficient, and comes with a better warranty (along with all the other design benefits of a newer product - as I said, don't skimp on the most dangerous part of the system).

AOC is not overpriced, in this case, as it is the cheapest FreeSync monitor by $20+ depending on the time. FreeSync is helpful, even in low fps scenarios, and the extra fps of the screen is beneficial in CS:GO and other FPS games. That alone would cost above $200 for a 100Hz screen. Please actually investigate monitors before you make that judgement; at any time in the last 6 months, there are less than 10 monitors of acceptable make and design that are less expensive than the AOC.

All peripherals I suggested are totally functional, more so than the Redragon models originally suggested. They just look sleek too. I suggested them because I, myself, appreciate sleek peripherals. However, I also suggested the CM Devastator - the most budget-friendly Keyboard/Mouse combo out there (other than unusable Logitech ones). Besides, if one is building a $1k+ PC, a sleek look with some equally beautiful peripherals are, IMO, a must. But that is up to Booch, which is why I provided options of the best of both worlds while remaining budget-friendly.

MyDigitalSSD has the best budget-friendly NVMe drives on the market. They are famous. You should  have heard of them if you are a PC expert. Their BPX drives have received numerous awards for usurping Samsung's 900 Pro in price/performance. Google it.

@Atari Breakout... sounds like you're a bit salty cause you're wrong, and you really don't have much knowledge, and when someone goes against your opinion you start downvoting and insulting?

Lemme know when you grow up lmao. The build is fine.

Just now, Sean said:

@Atari Breakout... sounds like you're a bit salty cause you're wrong, and you really don't have much knowledge, and when someone goes against your opinion you start downvoting and insulting?

Lemme know when you grow up lmao. The build is fine.

Different philosophies, no one's wrong, got a bit pissed and decided to flame someone (sorry) because I deranked legit 4 ranks in esea within 2 days because of my .133 w/l.

12 minutes ago, nymical said:

Everything I said stands.

Cache refers to storage return speeds which have seen some lag with Ryzen because the Infinity Fabric link to media controllers introduces synthetic operation multiplication. Having more disk cache counteracts that.

If you call me an "intel [sic] fanboy," I can counter by calling you a Ryzen fanboy. If you think i5 is worthless or "dead" compared to Ryzen, you need to check your sources. I selected Ryzen as better value, but kept with the i5 for higher performance. Ryzen for the same price as an i5 could par with it; however, as you yourself aknowledged, Ryzen has had and continues to have some issues. Nothing rig-busting, but enough to consider it slightly lower than an i5 - especially  in terms of compatibility, product ecosystem, and optimization. I chose a less expensive (yet still formidable) Ryzen for the $1k build.

Better motherboards used to only be for extreme overclocking, yet that is no longer the case. The ASUS Code has many other advantages (a few of which I have already enumerated), but let me spell the most critical out for you:

1. The board is build as a high-end product, and therefore is a package few other boards have.

- Dual M.2

- PCIe resource management

- Extra SATA ports

- RGB built-in to board + controlled header w/sync

- Has side buttons for reset and CMOS

- Cables included

- A bunch of other goodies included

- Looks kickass

2. Built-in extremely high-quality sound is literally  higher-quality than a $120 Sound Blaster Z add-in card, and puts that Xonar Booch originally had to shame (not that this sound quality is necessary, but it eliminates the need for add-in sound - ever.), and  it has an amp for headphones.

3. High board durability, I/O shield, and full-board cover - not only looks super cool, but helps with physical stability as well.

4. Built-in ASUS high quality WiFi module - eliminates need for add-in card and has very few issues and no drivers required. (I would not wish USB WiFi on anybody)

But that's enough - if you doubt the choice, go read the fucking ASUS product page for their advertisement. Even that would bolster your current level of understanding, apparently.

Booch is literally playing 1080p at sub-144 fps. He doesn't need any  higher than an RX 460, and I recommend the 4GB model so he can crank up the effects and AA in CS:GO. 

The G3 model, as opposed to the NEX (G0), is, as I said, only $5 more expensive. What you fail to realize (if you had actually investigated the product), is that the G3 version has much better fan control, is quieter, is much smaller and thermally efficient, and comes with a better warranty (along with all the other design benefits of a newer product - as I said, don't skimp on the most dangerous part of the system).

AOC is not overpriced, in this case, as it is the cheapest FreeSync monitor by $20+ depending on the time. FreeSync is helpful, even in low fps scenarios, and the extra fps of the screen is beneficial in CS:GO and other FPS games. That alone would cost above $200 for a 100Hz screen. Please actually investigate monitors before you make that judgement; at any time in the last 6 months, there are less than 10 monitors of acceptable make and design that are less expensive than the AOC.

All peripherals I suggested are totally functional, more so than the Redragon models originally suggested. They just look sleek too. I suggested them because I, myself, appreciate sleek peripherals. However, I also suggested the CM Devastator - the most budget-friendly Keyboard/Mouse combo out there (other than unusable Logitech ones). Besides, if one is building a $1k+ PC, a sleek look with some equally beautiful peripherals are, IMO, a must. But that is up to Booch, which is why I provided options of the best of both worlds while remaining budget-friendly.

MyDigitalSSD has the best budget-friendly NVMe drives on the market. They are famous. You should  have heard of them if you are a PC expert. Their BPX drives have received numerous awards for usurping Samsung's 900 Pro in price/performance. Google it.

im planning to get a i7 7820X off amazon with the reff link. (amd fanboy) He also said he wanted to stream sometimes, more cores would help.

His budget is 1100, you're putting on a 200+ motherboard for specs he does not need such as a clear cmos button. He is not going for high overclocks or anything of that sort because it is unlikely to overclock very high especial with a lower-grade air-based cooler. Cables are standard in the majority of motherboards from the low end asus of their prime series. Also I don't think that cosmetics should be so far ahead of direct performance. Motherboard quality has had less of an impact on speeds stating where skylake or higher cpus have been able to reach 4.5 GHZ or higher with only a 4 phase power delivery. Extra sata ports are unnecessary especially if its a low end/budget build. Top quality sound can be found without a sound card just with an asus strix-e series motherboard (supreme fx). 

To address advertisements, I look at specsheets and reviews from very trusted sources. This motherboard does not fit in the budget for this pc and it is unnecessary. advertisements are designed to be misleading.

The RX480 is known for higher frametimes and lower 10%/1% lows than an rx460, if you would like to have a smooth game experience with little stuttering, he should get an RX480+. Also im not sure if booch is a rust player but an rx480 would allow for ~60 fps with stutters at 1080p. An rx460 would hurt.

I understand from where you are coming from, but the extra 10 bucks (not 5) is a bit high for marginal improvements (I am pulling information from johnnyguru, etc.). Also size does not matter that much with a mid-tower/fulltower

Never heard about mydigitalssd, thats good to know. I still prefer having samsung magician to keep track of my SSD

Again, sorry for the negative tone, just a bit pissed off because of the esea matches.. (removed neg rep btw)

Just now, Atari Breakout said:

im just asking him why hes saying it in his own tone of voice toward me.

It's not all about you. I was responding to Booch because I saw his name on the post and we have been GMod buddies. I did not mention you at all in any of my posts until you started to flame me. If you took offense to anything I said, or imagined some condescending tone of voice, you need to take a step back, breath in, and realize: I never called you out; you just need to learn that people can, independently, nonconfrontationally, disagree with you. And, if you find it worth your time to help the OP, you can reason your own viewpoint back. If you can't reason it out, and result to flaming at the drop of a pin - your viewpoint is worth shit, and so is your role in the conversation. So, either grow up, or get some A-grade debate skills and a JD. <-- Life lesson.