Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Make America Great Again by Just Saying NO.

Jeff Sessions: Marijuana Is “Only Slightly Less Awful” Than Heroin

The new Attorney General has pot advocates in Massachusetts on edge.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2017/03/15/jeff-sessions-marijuana-slightly-less-awful-heroin/

jeff-sessions.jpg

Jeff Sessions, the U.S. Attorney General, had some typically harsh words about marijuana today, at a time when legal pot supporters in Massachusetts and elsewhere are on high alert over how the new government will treat the drug.

In prepared remarks for a speech to law enforcement in Richmond today, he outlined his stance on marijuana use, which he has long opposed, saying that “dependency” on it is “only slightly less awful” than heroin.

"I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use.  But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable.  I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store.  And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful.  Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life."

To that end, he continued, he said he supports a renewed drug awareness campaign on the “terrible truth about drugs”, like the ones rolled out decades ago.

"In the ’80s and ’90s, we saw how campaigns stressing prevention brought down drug use and addiction.  We can do this again.  Educating people and telling them the terrible truth about drugs and addiction will result in better choices.  We can reduce the use of drugs, save lives and turn back the surge in crime that inevitably follows in the wake of increased drug abuse."

His full remarks are available here.

Is this real life? It doesn't get more backwards than that...

nsfo7cos46ly.gif

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

I swear every day the administration seems to be trying to outdo the onion

the onion might as well start covering actual news

Don't you all worry. They will begin to ramp up enforcement again. It doesn't matter if states made it legal. It's all about less government and having states govern themselves until you arrive on issues like abortions, drugs, and discrimination.

Just now, gemma said:

the onion might as well start covering actual news

There's actually been  a couple times if I recall correctly where they made a fake story and then trump just went and did it like a month later 

To quote the article:

"To that end, he continued, he said he supports a renewed drug awareness campaign on the “terrible truth about drugs”, like the ones rolled out decades ago."

Oh yeah, the terrible truth that marijuana can kill cancer cells, help with seizures, decrease anxiety, and etc. I understand that some people can't handle marijuana, and that some people yes can get mentally addicted to it thinking they "depend on it", but this is just taking it too far, and the number of people that get addicted to it is very low compared to those who don't.

I feel marijuana should be treated the same way as alcohol is. There should be regulations to where you can't do stuff like smoke it before you drive and such, but we don't need to be treating marijuana like it's fucking heroin lmao.

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

To quote the article:

"To that end, he continued, he said he supports a renewed drug awareness campaign on the “terrible truth about drugs”, like the ones rolled out decades ago."

Oh yeah, the terrible truth that marijuana can kill cancer cells, help with seizures, decrease anxiety, and etc. I understand that some people can't handle marijuana, and that some people yes can get mentally addicted to it thinking they "depend on it", but this is just taking it too far, and the number of people that get addicted to it is very low compared to those who don't.

I feel marijuana should be treated the same way as alcohol is. There should be regulations to where you can't do stuff like smoke it before you drive and such, but we don't need to be treating marijuana like it's fucking heroin lmao.

I feel like this is the first time you've fully admitted one of Trump's people is a fucktard. I live in Oregon. Pot operates under basically the same exact laws as alcohol. It gives the state taxes, tons of new jobs, and less wastage on paying cops to bust people for smoking.

Also lmfao at the corner store part. Has this guy been to any states that have legal weed because he does not understand how it works. We also have already proven trying to punish people for weed is a massive waste of money 

It's things like this that make me wish more people would try something out for themselves and then form an opinion, rather than listening to idiots like this guy. 

Homie is acting like he's the only thing standing between people and weed. Regardless of what happens, people still be sparkin' dat blunt