Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

York

How Did You Come up with Your Username?

Welp, back in 2003 when Warcraft 3 RoC came out, my dad bought me the game and helped me set up an account for online play. As a kid, I wasn't very creative so I slapped together a name and called my self "MysteryL" (L being my first initial) and rocked it for a while until WC3 TFT was chock full of DotA and various other types of cancer (yes, DotA was cancer back then because it took up the entire lobby list). After that, I found games like Roblox and Minecraft so I changed my name up and came up with "Mistablockout" or "Mista" for short. Eventually, I found this place and changed my name quite a few times before settling with "Dakka" because I love guns and I love BIG EXPLODEY TINGS.

SMOrc

Watched the first X-Men movie and needed a nick during my wolfenstein enemy territory days. There were so many ppl named X-Man around so I started using X-Men or xmen plus I liked how it triggered ppl calling a single person X-Men ^^. 

It stuck with me so I ended up using it or some variation of my irl name.

While playing battlefield with a friend. We hid in bushes and called ourselves the scrubs. We both changed our usernames at the time to scrubintheshrub 1 and 2. Over time, I cleaned my name down to just scrub and he changed his. We came up with the idea in Spanish class, yes.

Well I have two primary usernames I use depending on if it's console, mmo, or steam. Ordinarygamer96 obviously was just a dumb name I came up with so I could  get right to playing and I didn't realize steam allowed multiple people with the same name otherwise I'd have come up with a better one. It sort of stuck thanks to ppl I'm sG knowing me as it.

My more interesting name is bagonk which I use on psn and usually my first character in an mmo. The name comes from an actual incident near my hometown where a group of idiots were drinking out in an old baseball field working on their truck when it was pitch black out and when one of them went under it to fix something the truck somehow collapsed onto him and killed him. When the others were freaking out they said they saw a pair of red eyes in the trees nearby and that they heard a sound that went bagonk begonk and described it as sounding like a demonic frog. They actually took a lie detector test that came out as saying they were telling the truth although most people still blame the alcohol for the accident and the monster story. That's where I got that name from.

When I was into finding Original gamer tags on XBL, I used a word generator and found "tiswin" 

Definition: Tiswin is an alcoholic beverage brewed from corn.

So basically I dropped the "s" and added "z" 

Originally started as Zer0, because i liked the name and since i liked the character Zer0 from BL2, and one day someone joked on my name, in tf2, saying: "Like the Zeros you are" and came up with the name Zerosz, couple days after.

Well when I first got my xbox360 the preset name was DroopyRex1904, later changed it to xXreXx when I used to no life on bo1. I got a PC and played CS:GO and Gmod a bit and I just shortened it down to Rex. Then @doc jay said it would look cool with everything lowercase, but the X. That's how I got my name.

I actually had two main usernames. 3 actually when i think about it. Lonestar99 after a character from SOCOM FTB2 from the PSP. C72AZYCATZ was my main for many websites and usernames for years. Then I switched from that to ThatGuyWhoDies. Name was inspired by a popular YouTuber called ThatGuyWhoCamps. Then switched over to ThatOllieWhoDies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Long time ago (not really maybe a year or year and a half) i was playing Jailbreak and out of nowhere sG | Kim asked if he could call me JuiceBox and from then on i have gone with the name JuiceBox.

My original name was RoxasSoulz, when i was on Xbox cause I really liked the character Roxas from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and Soulz sounded really cool to me back then. I got a PC and I took off Roxas so I was known as Soulz for a little. Then I started watching anime and changed it to Shiro.

Well, originally I was Kitohusky so I'll go off that. When I was younger, 8 I believe, I had a dog named Kito, shockingly a Husky. My name isn't because I'm a furry, I like huskies not animated animals:lol:. Now I currently have multiple huskies all because of Kito. Not a special story... So I just added Kito to Husky, to make my username.

I used to be CS:GO// ROCKHARD then i started to play on sG servers and like 10 min later i was like imma change my name so i put LVL3 and then ROCK cause i was still into pokemon at the time and then eventually ppl said u need to lvl up so thats how i am LVL4ROCK

DMODW is short for.

Deer Man Of Dark Woods.

I may or may not have stole this name.

who knows.

Back in 2002 I had to make a gamespy account in order to play on the C&C Renegade ranked servers.

Finding myself in need of a username I turned to the random name generator and thus, Chaos4499 was born.

I guess the wannabe edgy 10 year old me saw Chaos and thought "ooohhh cool" or something...

That being said, for everything other than steam I use MartyMcFlyGuy. I was given this moniker during one of many shitfaced outings with friends several years ago. Turns out drunk party Marty is a completely different animal from sober introvert Marty. FeelsAmazingMan

When I joined, my username was The Dark Knight. At the time there was another member, I think he went by Sexy Batman. People called him Batman and started calling me Arkham. So it stuck and I have kept it ever since.

DogsGoMeow came out because I was drunk.

Dogu came from when @Sakata and I played a comp game and he was called Saku and Changed mine from Dog, to Dogu.

Kept ever since and is now my furry fag thing name. yeboi.

@Sakata

Goodtimesbb

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, LVL4ROCK said:

I used to be CS:GO// ROCKHARD then i started to play on sG servers and like 10 min later i was like imma change my name so i put LVL3 and then ROCK cause i was still into pokemon at the time and then eventually ppl said u need to lvl up so thats how i am LVL4ROCK

Are you never gonna level up ???

Chilly is from  Chilly Willy Tv Show

Nav Rapper

LuckNoSkill youtuber used this name

Neat post, glad it's stickied. But my name is a long story with a few changes

Raven (~.......-2006)  Back in the playstation days I played a game called "WWF:SmackDown" and saw a character called Raven, so i stole his name cause I thought it was cool.  Kept Raven until I started getting hit on in Warcraft 3 when people thought I was the girl from "That's so Raven" (source: http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/smackcount/raven_in.jpg)

Ravage (~2006-2008)  Playing some Unreal Tournament 2004 I saw another character I really liked, Ravage.  I mean he was the coolest looking character out of the bunch https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Black_Legion (source: https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/w/images/Ravage.jpg)

Revoker (~2008-....) around 2008 I had built my first computer and started playing WoW.  I started to realise that Ravage was an easy dictonary word that was used by a lot of people (using WoW armory as a reference https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/search/character?q=Ravage).  So I started thinking, I really wanted a unique name that when people would call out, I knew it was only my name and no one else.  Playing a lot of Warcraft 3 Dota (was and still terrible at it), I really like the character Invoker, but at the time his name was also popular and i didn't want to have a 3rd name that I stole from something.  I really liked my name starting with an R because that in of itself was pretty unique since most names i knew didn't start with an R.  So I just placed an R on Invoker and "Rinvoker" decided I wanted a more Ra sound like my last 2 names "Ravoker".  "Fuck it!  Ra and Re sound pretty close", so I changed it to Revoker.  Tested it in Ventrilo Phonetic pronunciation program first (Because I'm shit at pronouncing anything) and tested it on WoW and saw that only 3 other people had it besides me so i suited that good enough.  Few years past before finally I started seeing that Revoker was taken by someone else before I could get it on some websites.  So I needed to be even more unique.  But I really liked Revoker and didn't want to do the stupid xX_Revoker_Xx67 shit so at the time (10th grade ~2010) I started playing sG Jailbreak and taking german class, I learned about the umlaut.  I really liked the umlaut because I thought it was so funny to put dots above an o ö.  So I just replace the o in my name with an umlaut "Revöker" and I've stuck with it ever since.

TL:DR

raven_in.jpg Then Ravage.jpg Then Invoker_icon.png?version=ee8559a847d97d1

Buddy the Elf from Elf had a Narwhal friend, I thought it was wildly out of ordinary, funny, so I added the Dr. because I wanted to go to pharmacy school. NumbNuts came out of nowhere. Just thought it fit a bit better. And of course, like my pappah, his pappah, and his pappah before him, I had to be the 4th, hence the IV 

Just now, Roflstomp said:

I traded the R for an M in hopes that the JCS M-afia at the time would accept me as one of their own. Still waiting on that one, @Mimic

It still pinged me, I see your edit!