Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Trump administration withdraws federal protections for transgender students

7 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Actually like 7 of your votes were people I told to vote that didn't know who you were or didn't like you. You weren't getting in. Also do you really think anything trump is doing would prevent assaults from happening? Any assault would already require it only be the 2 people in the bathroom alone. Nothing trump can do can stop anything someone wants to do from happening. All he's doing is taking away rights from Trans. There's multiple trans people in the community you're supposed to represent. If you don't agree with that then step down from SO if you're not willing to represent everyone. Admit it. You just have a problem with Trans and gay people and don't have the fucking balls to just say it because you're a dumb punk on the Internet. You've already shown in this thread you don't even understand the definition of transgender but still feel like arguing taking away their rights is ok. You're more likely to be harmed by conservatives for being trans than have a trans person harm you. You also don't know the difference between gender and sex. They're different things. 

And here's a link http://www.npr.org/2016/05/15/477954537/when-a-transgender-person-uses-a-public-bathroom-who-is-at-risk

Nothing for staff or server officers say we need to agree/represent things that we don't agree with. We obviously shouldn't bash them for their choices/situation, but that doesn't mean we can't stand by our views, just because they don't line up with yours/others.

29 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I could care less to do that much research.

couldn't care less*

On to the rest of this; I'm not quite sure why everyone jumps to the word bigot. I have never been OK with the law, but I am in no way against people who are trans. There's a very big difference, I'm not against them having equal rights, but I don't think comparing this to colors/whites segregation is the same thing at all. I also look at this maybe quite a bit differently, being a parent (although yes he's a baby, it still changes views on things). Personally I wouldn't care if someone who is trans used whatever bathroom they feel more comfortable in, if we're talking just bathrooms. When my son goes to school, and he goes to the bathroom, and he's in a stall - he's not going to see anything "different" or "weird". The issue for me more comes when kids start using locker rooms, and showers/changing is in public areas. 

48 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I love how some of you actually think I'm a die hard Trump supporter, when I'm not lol. I will though defend him whenever the media is outraged by decisions he makes which I completely stand for. I felt the exact same way about Obamas transgender bathroom policy before I even knew Trump was going to run as President.... I felt it never even should have been put in place, and that we should have a different way of going about this issue.

Weird, I guess you haven't done much research then about it: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/23/twenty-stories-proving-targets-pro-transgender-bathroom-policy-danger-women-children/ (Also, I understand Breitbart is more conservative biased (of course all you keep linking me is progressive biased anyway) but feel free to research all of these incidents to see if they're real or not, if you don't believe they're true.)

O you felt that way about the policies before trump? Are you an idiot or just making shit up?They weren't even in place until summer 2016.

Also breitbart is literally an alt right page. Theyre arguably the most biased commonly used news source in the country.

Have you looked at the stories ? Most are dated from before the policy was announced lol and don't mention trans at all. Several are at private schools which aren't affected by the policy period. Fuck breitbart really knows how to fool stupid people 

7 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

O you felt that way about the policies before trump? Are you an idiot or just making shit up. They weren't even in place until summer 2016.

Also breitbart is literally an alt right page. Theyre arguably the most biased commonly used news source in the country.

Have you looked at the stories ? Most are dated from before the policy was announced lol and don't mention trans at all. Several are at private schools which aren't affected by the policy period. Fuck breitbart really knows how to fool stupid people 

The transgender bathroom policy happened way before this past election, or at least it was announced back then and I remember disagreeing with it back then. Honestly I didn't even know who Trump really was until the election.

Lol, do you read anything I say? I told you to look all of the claims up if you didn't believe them, because I did and found multiple more sights saying the same thing.

16 minutes ago, Ironic said:

The transgender bathroom policy happened way before this past election, or at least it was announced back then and I remember disagreeing with it back then. Honestly I didn't even know who Trump really was until the election.

Lol, do you read anything I say? I told you to look all of the claims up if you didn't believe them, because I did and found multiple more sights saying the same thing.

I've been looking at them. Most are dated before the policy. Google the policy man it was announced summer 2016. Every link in that breitbart article has nothing to do with the policy. Fuck 4 I've clicked so far werent even at schools. Most were about  cameras found in bathrooms which trumps policy reversal does not stop. Do some damn research unless you want to continue looking like an idiot and believing fucking breitbart lol. All they did was link a handful of stories invloving crimes in bathrooms that have  nothing to do with the policy . It was may 14th 2016 the policy was announced by Obama. After  most of those articles were dated.

4 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

invloving crimes in bathrooms that have  nothing to do with the policy 

Well, I guess it doesn't even matter now, since the policy isn't a thing anymore ;) don't have to worry about it.

14 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

O you felt that way about the policies before trump? Are you an idiot or just making shit up?They weren't even in place until summer 2016.

I think you are a little bit wrong there

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

Also you din't show the source for your statistics

6 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Well, I guess it doesn't even matter now, since the policy isn't a thing anymore ;) don't have to worry about it.

Lol good response to getting called out for either lying or being ignorant . Look at the articles yourself. Breitbart fucked with you and everyone that reads it

5 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

I think you are a little bit wrong there

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

Also you din't show the source for your statistics

What does that article you posted have to do with anything lol.  Thats an opinion piece you linked it has nothing to do with inherent bias in a news source. Also I was telling Ironic to look at his own source and the dates on it. 

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Lol good response to getting called out for either lying or being ignorant . Look at the articles yourself. Breitbart fucked with you and everyone that reads it

What does that article you posted have to do with anything lol.  Also I was telling Ironic to look at his own source and the dates on it. 

Not those sources,the sources that said that  statistically it's more dangerous for the kids to be with a religious official than a trans

And don't say the movie Spotlight

3 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Not those sources,the sources that said that  statistically it's more dangerous for the kids to be with a religious official than a trans

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/world/time-vatican-releases-wide-raning-statistics-priests-defrocked-rape-child-abuse-article-1.1781825

Now find me any article showing that any attacks by people pretending to be trans approach these numbers 

1 minute ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/world/time-vatican-releases-wide-raning-statistics-priests-defrocked-rape-child-abuse-article-1.1781825

Now find me any article showing that any attacks by people pretending to be trans approach these numbers 

Fine,but you have to admit that the huffington post is equally as bias as breitbart

4 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Fine,but you have to admit that the huffington post is equally as bias as breitbart

I didn't link Huffington at any time. You linked an opinion piece which dosent even count as trying to demonstrate bias. Also I'd still consider breitbart more biased considering the language they use and downright lying in Ironic said article about what the links even showed 

19 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Hey at least I'm informed enough to even know when the policy was enacted unlIke some others who make shit up 

10 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

not even close

Both have heavy bias towards their own respective political agendas and ideologies where Huff Post shilled for Hillary and Breitbart shilled for Trump before, during, and after the primaries and elections. As a student, I know my professors would tear up any paper where I cite websites such as Huff Post and Breitbart because they know themselves that both spew nothing but garbage and fake statistics. In fact, I cannot even find myself trusting any words that leave the mouths of "big media" outside of school.

In short, major news networks have lost much of their credibility after pushing politics wherever they could fit it.

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

I couldn't care less to do that much research. All I know is I have heard on the news before (even here in my hometown) about a guy trying to act Trans in order to get into the Womens bathroom. I'm sure a simple google search can help you find that out. Also, can you provide me with statistics that show there was no encouragement whatsoever with Obamas law? I'm not saying the law straight up said "Hey, men can go into the womens restroom now!", but it obviously easily made pedos more able to go into a womens restroom.

First rule of arguing online is that the burden of providing proof falls onto the person making a claim and not the person you ask to look into it. Because the other person doesn't know what source you are using and how biased it may or may not be. Or many times, if you even have a source.

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Milo was talking about kids and adults CONSENTING in sexual relations. I don't completely agree with 100% everything he said, but that didn't seem at all like Milo was encouraging pedophiles when he was talking about two consenting people.

I'll describe it this way then. I can't and don't entirely blame you for not fully understanding consent since you have just recently become an adult and it's only been 5 years since you were that age.

What had people worked up was Milo not only claiming 13 year olds are sexually mature and have the mental capacity to consent to a sexually relationship to fully grown adults, but that they be hugely positive experiences where older men help younger boys discover who they are. He very specifically referred to certain 13 - 25 and 13 - 28 relationships as things that can happen perfectly naturally when every grown adult knows that's absolutely false. That's absolutely condoning pedophilia.

Now the part you don't seem to understand is that in the real world, this usually translates to an adult exploiting a highly impressionable and curious child that doesn't understand what they're going through into fucking them or vice versa. They understand the very basics of puberty at the intellectual level, but someone who is only 13 isn't mature enough to understand what impact having sex can have whereas a grown man or women knows full well what they're getting into. An adult's understanding of consent is on completely different level than an child's and because of that, the experience more often than not traumatizes the child for life as a result. It's not entirely different than why it's usually considered wrong for a sober person have sex another adult is who is obviously drunk. The drunk is mentally longer in a position to give consent despite what they say at the time.

TLTR: 13 year olds can't give consent to grown adults.

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

I couldn't care less to do that much research. All I know is I have heard on the news before about a guy..

8 hours ago, Travesty said:

Really it's just the media invoking fear into the likes of Ironic creating unnecessary hysteria for non-existent issues.

Makes claim; doesn't have research.   :lul:

I guess you could say I was right in my assumption though. Try not to be spoon-fed by the media, basing your opinions off of what you heard. I'd take you much more seriously if you had actual data to back up your wild claims.

You know why you can't find anything on google? It's because there is little-to-no evidence to support that letting trans people use the bathroom or locker room matching their gender identity is dangerous. Really the only thing you'll find is right-wing groups show their concern over it rather than any actual problems from it.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

Personally I wouldn't care if someone who is trans used whatever bathroom they feel more comfortable in, if we're talking just bathrooms. When my son goes to school, and he goes to the bathroom, and he's in a stall - he's not going to see anything "different" or "weird". The issue for me more comes when kids start using locker rooms, and showers/changing is in public areas. 

What's to fear? It's just the human body after all.

Would you say the same thing to someone that was born with a different or weird physical abnormality?

Would you try to exclude that kid from entering the locker room/showers?

9 hours ago, Ironic said:

And if I saw my little sister go into a bathroom, and some guy walks in behind her, oh you bet your ass I'd go in there to make sure he doesn't do anything to her.

Just curious, if you watched your (imaginary if you don't have one) little brother go into a public bathroom followed by a man wearing a GAY PRIDE shirt, would you go in there just to double check on your bro? If you answer yes, I think you might be getting affected by too many fear-mongering news reports as pointed out by the others. It's true that reality is incredibly morbid and shit happens, but probably not at the rate that the news have drilled into your head.

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

Would you say the same thing to someone that was born with a different or weird physical abnormality?

Honestly with those 3 questions, this discussion seems to be heading towards the question of whether or not segregation of genders in bathrooms/lockers is still needed in our current day&age.

4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Just curious, if you watched your (imaginary if you don't have one) little brother go into 

Honestly with those 3 questions, this discussion seems to be heading towards the question of whether or not segregation of genders in bathrooms/lockers is still needed in our current day&age.

I mean my school has about half of its bathrooms converted into all gender bathrooms and there's been no trouble. I can walk in and take a shit and a girl will go into the stall while I wash my hands. It's really not an issue unless you pretend it's one

15 minutes ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

ah, yes, portland oregon. progressive america.

Can't tell if this is supposed to be insulting lol. The city is considered one of the best places to live in the country.

5 hours ago, Travesty said:

Nah dude human bodies are spooky. You better cover up those ankles sir. I wouldn't want my son/daughter seeing that weird stuff.

Have we been ignoring the fact that trans people have been using the bathroom for ages?

Why not just let people do what they want, while also protecting them from people who want them to "use the bathroom at home"? The law is a good thing. I don't really understand the difference between gender and physical being, I'm a man, I was born a man, and I couldn't convince myself otherwise. But if my friends or other people truly believe that they were born with the wrong set of genitals, who am I to tell them that they're wrong? Live and let live man. Ain't none of us got the right to judge one another. 

Wait what hahaha

Are you guys really fucking whining about sources and proof in pathetic attempts to validate your opinions? What the fuck are you learning in school that makes you think citing that someone's source is bias means your opinion is more right than theirs? What is this bullshit

With that being said, I think everything ironic has been saying in this thread is fucking retarded. I'd post why, but "I could care less" lmao