Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Trump administration withdraws federal protections for transgender students

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/02/22/politics/doj-withdraws-federal-protections-on-transgender-bathrooms-in-schools/index.html?client=safari

Curious to see what your guys' thoughts are. Personally, I never thought the federal protection should have happened in the first place. The number of transgenders is so low compared to people being their normal gender, and there's a lot of risk with "Transgender boys" going into the girls bathroom (or possibly vice-versa). It's already happened numerous times (http://www.dailywire.com/news/5190/5-times-transgender-men-abused-women-and-children-amanda-prestigiacomo). If it had to come down to it, I'd rather protect the majority than the few.

A lot of risk? It's just bigots being bigots. It's no different than black discrimination, people don't choose their race and neither do transgenders.

Far more pedos will touch girls in the girls room than transgenders ever have. School is already tough enough, go to the fucking bathroom do what you need to do then leave, it isn't tough and you taking a shit shouldn't effect anyone else.

A lot of risk? It's just bigots being bigots. It's no different than black discrimination, people don't choose their race and neither do transgenders.

Far more pedos will touch girls in the girls room than transgenders ever have. School is already tough enough, go to the fucking bathroom do what you need to do then leave, it isn't tough and you taking a shit shouldn't effect anyone else.

You aren't born transgender,you chose to be one

15 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

People don't choose to be their race, but they choose to become transgender.... Terrible comparison there.

7 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Don't get me wrong,I don't think being gay is a choice,but you have to go through a whole lot of trouble just to change your gender.

Whether you really "feel" you were born the wrong gender or not, it's still a choice to go through the process of becoming a transgender.

38 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Don't get me wrong,I don't think being gay is a choice,but you have to go through a whole lot of trouble just to change your gender.

People just want what they think and feel to be reflected on the outside.

I don't know about what you think, ironic, but if I could've not been trans I wouldn't have been. It's not a clear-cut choice like you're thinking, sure you can choose to accept yourself or pretend you're something you're not. There's a reason the suicide rate is so high for people in the trans community. 

Ironic argues gays shouldn't be federally protected in another thread and now argues transgenders shouldn't either. If I knew were you such a bigoted ass I wouldn't have told people to vote for you when your app was close. Also way to use a conservative propaganda page for your source. Do you ever get your facts from a website with more credibility than a blog?

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Whether you really "feel" you were born the wrong gender or not, it's still a choice to go through the process of becoming a transgender.

your only choice is wether you physically change to what you mentally are or not .

being transgender is not having your gender and sex be the same  , people that transition from the sex they are to the gender they are dont become transgender , they already were and now are trying to live like their brain is telling them to .

43 minutes ago, Grayson Levi said:

I don't know about what you think, ironic, but if I could've not been trans I wouldn't have been. It's not a clear-cut choice like you're thinking, sure you can choose to accept yourself or pretend you're something you're not. There's a reason the suicide rate is so high for people in the trans community. 

It's still a choice. You aren't being forced to become transgender, you're choosing to become transgender based on your "feelings". 

And it's definitely way more of a choice rather than the race you were being born with.

14 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Ironic argues gays shouldn't be federally protected in another thread and now argues transgenders shouldn't either. If I knew were you such a bigoted ass I wouldn't have told people to vote for you when your app was close. Also way to use a conservative propaganda page for your source. Do you ever get your facts from a website with more credibility than a blog?

Lol, I don't care. I would have made it in anyway. I was getting enough yes votes on my own. Even if I didn't make it into the community, oh no big deal.... lol

Jusy a quick google search and you can find multiple more sources about men abusing women by going into their restroom. Feel free to link me to any website that says it's never happened before.

3 minutes ago, RandomDudeNumber005 said:

your only choice is wether you physically change to what you mentally are or not .

being transgender is not having your gender and sex be the same  , people that transition from the sex they are to the gender they are dont become transgender , they already were and now are trying to live like their brain is telling them to .

Then just use the bathroom that fits with the gender/genitals you were born with. Pretty simple.

13 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Lol, I don't care. I would have made it in anyway. I was getting enough yes votes on my own. Even if I didn't make it into the community, oh no big deal.... lol

Actually like 7 of your votes were people I told to vote that didn't know who you were or didn't like you. You weren't getting in. Also do you really think anything trump is doing would prevent assaults from happening? Any assault would already require it only be the 2 people in the bathroom alone. Nothing trump can do can stop anything someone wants to do from happening. All he's doing is taking away rights from Trans. There's multiple trans people in the community you're supposed to represent. If you don't agree with that then step down from SO if you're not willing to represent everyone. Admit it. You just have a problem with Trans and gay people and don't have the fucking balls to just say it because you're a dumb punk on the Internet. You've already shown in this thread you don't even understand the definition of transgender but still feel like arguing taking away their rights is ok. You're more likely to be harmed by conservatives for being trans than have a trans person harm you. You also don't know the difference between gender and sex. They're different things. 

And here's a link http://www.npr.org/2016/05/15/477954537/when-a-transgender-person-uses-a-public-bathroom-who-is-at-risk

4 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Then just use the bathroom that fits with the gender/genitals you were born with. Pretty simple.

purly logistically it would make more sense to let them go to the bathroom they pass for .

there are a lot of transgender people that you wouldent know are trans but still havent made transition from one sex to the other .

also the gender/genetals they were born with are mutually exclusive otherwise they wouldent be trans .... 

7 minutes ago, Ironic said:

It's still a choice. You aren't being forced to become transgender, you're choosing to become transgender based on your "feelings". 

And it's definitely way more of a choice rather than the race you were being born with.

sex and race are both primairy  physical attributes it seems like a pretty fair compairison to me , also again you dont become transgender you either are or arent

12 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Actually like 7 of your votes were people I told to vote that didn't know who you were or didn't like you. You weren't getting in. Also do you really think anything trump is doing would prevent assaults from happening? Any assault would already require it only be the 2 people in the bathroom alone. Nothing trump can do can stop anything someone wants to do from happening. All he's doing is taking away rights from Trans. There's multiple trans people in the community you're supposed to represent. If you don't agree with that then step down from SO if you're not willing to represent everyone. Admit it. You just have a problem with Trans and gay people and don't have the fucking balls to just say it because you're a dumb punk on the Internet.

I don't have to "represent everyone in the community". That's not my job, my job is to monitor the server, that's it. I don't have to represent shit. I don't have a problem with anybody trans or gay, I just don't agree with possibly putting innocent people in harm just to give trans people "equal rights". The Trump administration said they're going to evaluate the situation, and probably make a new law based on what they decide. I say, what should happen is trans people should fill out a special form by them and their parents, and then they get a special pass to use which bathroom they prefer. That way only the trans people have access to use whichever bathroom, and not everyone.

10 minutes ago, RandomDudeNumber005 said:

purly logistically it would make more sense to let them go to the bathroom they pass for . 

Agree. That's why I gave my feelings on what should happen above.

10 minutes ago, RandomDudeNumber005 said:

sex and race are both primairy  physical attributes it seems like a pretty fair compairison to me , also again you dont become transgender you either are or arent

Yes, you do become transgender. This is what you aren't getting. You are not born transgender, thinking you are the opposite sex, or non binary. Somewhere down the road, you "feel" that you aren't the correct gender. You are not born that way.

5 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I don't have to "represent everyone in the community". That's not my job, my job is to monitor the server, that's it. I don't have to represent shit. I don't have a problem with anybody trans or gay, I just don't agree with possibly putting innocent people in harm just to give trans people "equal rights". The Trump administration said they're going to evaluate the situation, and probably make a new law based on what they decide. I say, what should happen is trans people should fill out a special form by them and their parents, and then they get a special pass to use which bathroom they prefer. That way only the trans people have access to use whichever bathroom, and not everyone.

Agree. That's why I gave my feel

Read my edits from my thread. And yes as technically staff it's assumed you represent the community. You argued gays shouldn't have federal marriage protections. Theres not even a pretend risk there. That's just you being a bigot. You also completely misunderstood what random was saying. By "pass for" he meant trans should go in the bathroom they choose 

12 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Somewhere down the road, you "feel" that you aren't the correct gender. You are not born that way.

Could one not argue they were born feeling like they were a different gender? This exact same dumb argument was made for being gay. Think about it.

"Somewhere down the road, you 'feel' that you are attracted to the same sex. You are not born that way."

It is when they are old enough to accept their thoughts on how they may or may not actually be (aka born into).

Lastly, anyone can walk into any washroom they want if they want to. However if you're doing something to disturb people in that washroom, you will/should get in trouble for it.

10 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Yes, you do become transgender. This is what you aren't getting. You are not born transgender, thinking you are the opposite sex, or non binary. Somewhere down the road, you "feel" that you aren't the correct gender. You are not born that way.

Gender and sex are different things. Trans people don't think they were born a different sex. Do some research your ignorance is showing 

8 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Read my edits from my thread. And yes as technically staff it's assumed you represent the community. You argued gays shouldn't have federal marriage protections. Theres not even a pretend risk there. That's just you being a bigot.

Way to link me a liberal biased page. Complaining I link biased stuff.....

And I'm not a staff member. SO's are an "extension of Staff" if you want to make a CD thread complaining that I should have my SO taken away based on my political beliefs, then go right ahead. I don't care.

9 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Way to link me a liberal biased page. Complaining I link biased stuff.....

And I'm not a staff member. SO's are an "extension of Staff" if you want to make a CD thread complaining that I should have my SO taken away based on my political beliefs, then go right ahead. I don't care.

Lol so npr is biased but daily wire isn't? I'm not arguing against political beliefs. I'm arguing that there's multiple trans people in the community you represent and you're advocating they lose rights which is messed up . Also once again go do some research. You can't have an opinion in this debate of you don't know the difference between gender and sex . If you want to protect the children from risk way not make it illegal for clergy to be alone with children ? Statistically it's more dangerous for the kids to be with a religious official than a trans

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Lol so npr is biased but daily wire isn't? I'm not arguing against political beliefs. I'm arguing that there's multiple trans people in the community you represent and you're advocating they lose rights which is messed up . Also once again go do some research. You can't have an opinion in this debate of you don't know the difference between gender and sex 

I don't represent everyone in this community. That is not my job as being SO.

But as a trans, you can change both your gender (what you identify as) and your sex, if you go through with surgery. I know the difference, but I don't understand how the difference matters lol.

7 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Lol so npr is biased but daily wire isn't? I'm not arguing against political beliefs. I'm arguing that there's multiple trans people in the community you represent and you're advocating they lose rights which is messed up . Also once again go do some research. You can't have an opinion in this debate of you don't know the difference between gender and sex . If you want to protect the children from risk way not make it illegal for clergy to be alone with children ? Statistically it's more dangerous for the kids to be with a religious official than a trans

Can you show me your source?

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

But as a trans, you can change both your gender (what you identify as) and your sex, if you go through with surgery. I know the difference, but I don't understand how the difference matters lol.

You argued up there you should use the bathroom of the gender you were born with. That shows you don't understand the definition of gender right there 

fair . 

you can change both your gender (what you identify as) and your sex, if you go through with surgery. I know the difference, but I don't understand how the difference matters lol.

you cant just change your gender wtf 

4 minutes ago, RandomDudeNumber005 said:

you cant just change your gender wtf 

http://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/sexandgender.html

Gender is basically your way of thinking. Either masculine, or feminine. This you can change easily, and doesn't require surgery. Your sex is what will require surgery, in order to change your genitals.

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You argued up there you should use the bathroom of the gender you were born with. That shows you don't understand the definition of gender right there 

Sorry, I guess I meant to say the "sex" then. Lmao