Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dray

Star Wars VIII The Last Jedi Teaser Announcement

Please, for the love of God, don't let Rey be related to Luke, Obi-Wan, or even Han/Leia. I hate how literally almost every new character is trying to be tied into the series by being related to some other character.

Okay well it's not gonna be the last Jedi. There's absolutely no way Luke or Rey is gonna die in this movie and have them continue. To have only one Jedi in the universe is ridiculous to try to spin off, there's thousands of them that don't belong to any Order.

19 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Please, for the love of God, don't let Rey be related to Luke, Obi-Wan, or even Han/Leia. I hate how literally almost every new character is trying to be tied into the series by being related to some other character.

I bet Luke's daughter. Lots of subtle hints in VII make it likely.

2 minutes ago, Reaper0470 said:

I bet Luke's daughter. Lots of subtle hints in VII make it likely.

Some people think she might be Obi-Wans daughter due to the accent, her using the force mind control, and maybe a few other hints.

I honestly hope it's not though lol

8 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Some people think she might be Obi-Wans daughter due to the accent, her using the force mind control, and maybe a few other hints.

I mean it says the last jedi in red u know some one is going to die

6 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Can't go by accent since she grew up alone on a planet alone. She would have developed the accent from her surroundings not blood. Also she's WAY to young to be his daughter. Even a grand daughter wouldn't make sense cause she'd probably be Luke's old age. 

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Also, Obi-Wan's love interest was the Duchess Satine of Mandalore and Maul killed her in the Clone Wars, which means it was canon af. Unless he had side bitches like Aunt Beru ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

I've heard that like Anakin Skywalker she's born from the force because she will eventually balance the force but that's what I've heard
They also have to kill Princess Leia cause she died in real life don't know how that will work but it will happen

2 hours ago, Sith said:

Okay well it's not gonna be the last Jedi. There's absolutely no way Luke or Rey is gonna die in this movie and have them continue. To have only one Jedi in the universe is ridiculous to try to spin off, there's thousands of them that don't belong to any Order.

wait I'm not really caught up on Star Wars but there's only 2 Jedi????

46 minutes ago, Hei said:

wait I'm not really caught up on Star Wars but there's only 2 Jedi????

I'm sure there's more, hidden out there. There were hundreds of them before Disney decided to wipe out the Extended Universe, so who knows how many there are. The only force users that are confirmed in the current canon are Rey, Luke, Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren, and Snoke (At this point I'm safely assuming Snoke is a force user).

There are many people who are FORCE-SENSITIVE as in they can feel and observe the force in ways normal people can't but they cannot actively use it, so they are not force users, nor Jedi/Sith.

EDIT: I'm sure they could've made Leia a Jedi but unfortunately Carrie Fisher passed away...

I tried to find the link, but failed. I read a fan fiction somewhere, shortly after watching "The Force Awakens", explaining how all of the Star Wars stories were really about Obi-Wan and not the Skywalkers. That Obi-Wan was the one to bring balance to the force... (training Anakin, destroying the jedi etc etc) I wouldn't do the theory justice, so I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ray was a Kenobi. It would be better than another Skywalker at least.

Buzzing for this, although I've not even bothered watching Rogue One yet.

I'd also like to point out that "Jedi" can be both a singular and plural term, depending on context. So either "The Last Jedi" means that theres only ONE singular Jedi or "The Last Jedi" means that they are the last of the Jedi as in the last of a group of Jedi.

49 minutes ago, Sith said:

I'd also like to point out that "Jedi" can be both a singular and plural term, depending on context. So either "The Last Jedi" means that theres only ONE singular Jedi or "The Last Jedi" means that they are the last of the Jedi as in the last of a group of Jedi.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Seriously though, do you think we're going to be introduced to a bunch of new Jedi in the new films?

From what I can tell Disney definitely cutting the amount of Jedi and most likely Luke is the Last jedi. Rey and Kylo don't count because they never finished their training. Also my current theory is that Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter and Luke helped raise her when she was younger but her PTSD from the academy attack blocked her memory. Also my current theory about Snoke is that he is either the very first ever Sith or based on some hints in the books he was raised by Palpatine

9 hours ago, Rayne said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ray was a Kenobi. It would be better than another Skywalker at least.

That is the going theory. She learned extremely quickly and was powerful with the Jedi Mind Trick. Something Obi Wan did effortless but other Jedi struggled with. Her Force vision had Obi Wan's voice. There are possible clues in the Rebels cartoon.

The could go either way with the story. If she is a Kenobi then you have have Obi Wan handing Luke his fathers light saber and at the end of The Force Awakens you again have a kenobi handing the light saber to Luke. The battle between Rey and Kylo would be a skywalker vs kenobi as what happened in Revenge of the Sith. So there is good symbolism and connection with that angle.

If they go the skywalker route then there are similar visuals between her and Anakin. It is obvious The Force Awakens was similar in story to other episodes so why would it be surprising for a brother/sister being raised separated? If they go the Skywalker route I would find it an interesting story if they had Rey and Kylo switch sides. Kylo seeing the error of his ways and turning to the light side but then have Rey be corrupted to the dark side. Anakin did start off as an innocent child forced in the life of Jedi only to turn. 

As for the Last Jedi name I think it will be just that. Right now we assume only Luke remains as a Jedi. Kylo never completed his training. If they go the route of brother/sister and having Rey a skywalker what I would like to see is maybe at the end to have Luke trained Rey and declared her a Jedi near the end of the film. Then have Kylo kill Luke(who did not fight back just as Obi Wan with Vadar) in front of her but as he die uses the Jedi mind trick to flood Kylo with memories of his "good" child hood and then show him what really happened to Vadar and Vadar's last minute redemption. This would cause him to run off into hiding and reflection. However, Rey would not know that Luke showed him those things and goes off in hate determined to kill Kylo. She would seek out Snoke who would corrupt her like Palpatine did to Anakin. Luke would be dead but since Rey trained as a Jedi at the end the title would remain true as was from the start and as in the end.

So her being a Kenobi would be cool with all the symbolism they could do but her being a Skywalker and they could throw in a nice twist that no one would see coming even though they should as it mimics the other episodes which is kind of the vibe they where going for with The Force Awakens.

8 hours ago, Rayne said:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Seriously though, do you think we're going to be introduced to a bunch of new Jedi in the new films?

The reason I said that was because many people were under the impression that "The Last Jedi" must have meant a single person. Once you think of there being the last group of Jedi, it makes much more sense than just imagining Disney cutting down Luke and every other Jedi until there's only one left to fulfill the title (Rey or Kylo, w/e), I find that hard to deliver plot-wise.

6 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

From what I can tell Disney definitely cutting the amount of Jedi and most likely Luke is the Last jedi. Rey and Kylo don't count because they never finished their training. Also my current theory

is that Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter and Luke helped raise her when she was younger but her PTSD from the academy attack blocked her memory. Also my current theory about Snoke is that he is either the very first ever Sith or based on some hints in the books he was raised by Palpatine

lolwut

I don't think there was an Academy, I think with the number of Jedi there were before the Knights of Ren were established, it was more of a school trip kind of feel; a bunch of force-sensitives roaming around the galaxy learning their new-found abilities. Snoke is no way the first ever Sith because Sith were an actual species on Korriban. If this were true, he would look like an actual "Sith"

lwChcOO.png   <-- What the Sith species look like

The Sith eventually became extinct due to the in-fighting that comes with the Sith culture (before Bane's Rule of Two), and the ideology moved on to other races. Similar story with the Jedi also, although the original "Jedi" specie wasn't called the Jedi.

Snoke could be however related to Palpatine in some way. Maybe a former apprentice, could be Plagueis, Palpatine has wronged a lot of people in his life and kept even more on a tight leash. When he died, he left a lot of dangerous people alive and I'm sure they managed to slip loose of their bondage. Snoke could be one of them.

Also, cool video explaining how they got Alec Guiness's voice in Episode 7:

10 minutes ago, Sith said:

The reason I said that was because many people were under the impression that "The Last Jedi" must have meant a single person. Once you think of there being the last group of Jedi, it makes much more sense than just imagining Disney cutting down Luke and every other Jedi until there's only one left to fulfill the title (Rey or Kylo, w/e), I find that hard to deliver plot-wise.

lolwut

I don't think there was an Academy, I think with the number of Jedi there were before the Knights of Ren were established, it was more of a school trip kind of feel; a bunch of force-sensitives roaming around the galaxy learning their new-found abilities. Snoke is no way the first ever Sith because Sith were an actual species on Korriban. If this were true, he would look like an actual "Sith"

lwChcOO.png   <-- What the Sith species look like

The Sith eventually became extinct due to the in-fighting that comes with the Sith culture (before Bane's Rule of Two), and the ideology moved on to other races. Similar story with the Jedi also, although the original "Jedi" specie wasn't called the Jedi.

Snoke could be however related to Palpatine in some way. Maybe a former apprentice, could be Plagueis, Palpatine has wronged a lot of people in his life and kept even more on a tight leash. When he died, he left a lot of dangerous people alive and I'm sure they managed to slip loose of their bondage. Snoke could be one of them.

You're forgetting none of that is canon anymore. The Sith species no longer officially exists. Just the Sith as a group. They say he was training a new order of knights and they've even in interviews referred to it as "Luke's jedi academy".

Nothing not in a movie, the cartoons, or books from the last 3 years counts anymore. Also even in the old canon there was never a jedi species. They were more of a monk group that formed and eventually got drawn into politics. So yes as of the current canon the only living jedi after his academy was destroyed by the Knights of Ren was Luke. 

5 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You're forgetting none of that is canon anymore. The Sith species no longer officially exists. Just the Sith as a group. They say he was training a new order of knights and they've even in interviews referred to it as "Luke's jedi academy".

Nothing not in a movie, the cartoons, or books from the last 3 years counts anymore. Also even in the old canon there was never a jedi species. They were more of a monk group that formed and eventually got drawn into politics.

That is ABSOLUTELY canon. The Sith species have been referenced many times in Rebels and the Clone Wars post Disney buying Lucasfilms.

3 minutes ago, Sith said:

That is ABSOLUTELY canon. The Sith species have been referenced many times in Rebels and the Clone Wars post Disney buying Lucasfilms.

Care to source that? ive watched the cartoons and i dont recall them ever talking about the sith as a species, only the order.

19 minutes ago, Sith said:

As far as I remember they have referred to ancient sith but never the Sith as a species