Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

I did try and fuck her. She was married…

Mfw the only foreigner I've seen who supports trump is the nationalistic serb trying to downplay genocide a few pages back 

@Ironic

Did you realize when you upvoted his post he was arguing it was unfair for the US to intervene in the serbs attempted genocide of minorities and was hinting that he hoped Trump would support Serbia if they tried again right ?

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

I love how you assume that I voted for Trump based upon his opinion on immigration. I never thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall anyway. I never cared if a wall gets built or not. I agree, we need new immigration policies. 

I didn't say you did?

Why are you assuming that I'm assuming what you assumed about my gender?

26 minutes ago, Travesty said:

I didn't say you did?

Why are you assuming that I'm assuming what you assumed about my gender?

TRANSGENDER! EVERYONE RUN!!!!

1 hour ago, Jodas said:

Yup trump is managing to leave us with basically noone actually experienced at international affairs in important positions while also cutting important educational things like pbs. I don't understand how things went downhill so fast

22 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Yup trump is managing to leave us with basically noone actually experienced at international affairs in important positions while also cutting important educational things like pbs. I don't understand how things went downhill so fast

1) if you have a team of people who suck, you get rid of them, regardless of "experience" <--they sucked.

2) why, exactly, should the federal government pay for PBS? my kids don't watch it because I take the time to teach them rather than sit them in front of a fucking tv to learn. thank god my tax dollars have stopped supporting lazy parents.

3) we're out of the tpp, we are renegotiating nafta.. seems pretty uphill to me.

3 hours ago, driz said:

1) if you have a team of people who suck, you get rid of them, regardless of "experience" <--they sucked.

2) why, exactly, should the federal government pay for PBS? my kids don't watch it because I take the time to teach them rather than sit them in front of a fucking tv to learn. thank god my tax dollars have stopped supporting lazy parents.

3) we're out of the tpp, we are renegotiating nafta.. seems pretty uphill to me.

The people who left were essentially the only ones trained to handle the management of the state department. You can't just bring new people in when the entire management quits.

The pbs helps low income families that have to work or send their kids to underfunded public schools. You're practically arguing public education is a bad thing.

The tpp has been dead for over a year. None of the candidates supported it. So thanking trump is pointless. We're yet to see where NAFTA will go .For all we know its rhetoric and he isn't exactly on the best of terms with canada or mexico

3 hours ago, driz said:

So kids with shitty parents have to suffer? Good to know. 

On 1/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, driz said:

23 hours ago, Beerman said:

When you're a conservative, it's not about them. It's about me, me, me. 

:vapenation

Are you implying that me paying for PBS somehow makes shitty parents not shitty? Nice logic... Let's buy the shit out of shit parents.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Are you implying that me paying for PBS somehow makes shitty parents not shitty? Nice logic... Let's buy the shit out of shit parents.

No you implying kids shouldn't have a television line up to offset shitty parents is troubling. Any kid in America can learn and be entertained, without harmful ads through PBS. And you're arguing that kids with shitty parents are just shit out of luck and we shouldn't care about them. Taking away one of the few things we can do to educate them.

I'm not sure how you don't see the problem. You're not hurting parents. Youre hurting kids.

10 minutes ago, Beerman said:

No you implying kids shouldn't have a television line up to offset shitty parents is troubling. Any kid in America can learn and be entertained, without harmful ads through PBS. And you're arguing that kids with shitty parents are just shit out of luck and we shouldn't care about them. Taking away one of the few things we can do to educate them.

Shitty parents are gonna be shitty parents. There's nothing we can do to fix them. Yes, it's sad what some kids have to go through in their home life, but having Americans (Tax payers) pay for their PBS, won't change the parents, and most likely won't even change their home life. What if the parent doesn't even let the kid watch TV? Or what if they don't have a TV? Driz is saying that PBS is not where he'd like to see his tax money go toward. Frankly, I didn't even know people watched PBS anymore. I never hear about it.

No one watches PBS is a waste of money (unless someone can show me viewing numbers) and ironic is right, paying to keep PBS alive does nothing for kids with shit parents. Take PBS money and stick it back in education so we can get teachers who give a fuck again

4 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Shitty parents are gonna be shitty parents. There's nothing we can do to fix them. Yes, it's sad what some kids have to go through in their home life, but having Americans (Tax payers) pay for their PBS, won't change the parents, and most likely won't even change their home life. What if the parent doesn't even let the kid watch TV? Or what if they don't have a TV? Driz is saying that PBS is not where he'd like to see his tax money go toward. Frankly, I didn't even know people watched PBS anymore. I never hear about it.

Maybe because you're over the targetted age lmao. Did you watch any of these TV shows? You can learn from them and they can comfort you during tough times. It's educational TV that isn't fed with a bunch of bullshit and advertisements.

I strongly urge you to watch Mr. Rodgers testify before the Senate Committee back in '69. See video above posted by @Darren

3 minutes ago, driz said:

No one watches PBS is a waste of money (unless someone can show me viewing numbers) and ironic is right, paying to keep PBS alive does nothing for kids with shit parents. Take PBS money and stick it back in education so we can get teachers who give a fuck again

" Cutting PBS support (0.012% of budget) to help balance the Federal budget is like deleting text files to make room on your 500Gig hard drive "

Are you guys under the assumption that only kids with good parents are the ones watching PBS?

6 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Maybe because you're over the targetted age lmao. Did you watch any of these TV shows? You can learn from them and they can comfort you during tough times. It's educational TV that isn't fed with a bunch of bullshit and advertisements.

I strongly urge you to watch Mr. Rodgers testify before the Senate Committee back in '69. See video above posted by @Darren

I believe I watched Bob The Builder a little bit when I was younger, don't know how much though. I watched Nick, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network mostly as a kid. I have two little cousins, one who is around 5, and one who is 2. I've never seen them watch a PBS show. They are almost always watching some Nick Jr show. I watched the video, and I agree he had some really good points, but PBS isn't the only "learning/safe" kids TV channel out there. I don't even remember the last time I saw or heard about little kids watching PBS. It really seems like the popularity is starting to shift more towards Nick, or it probably has been for the last few years. 

Anyway, I'm not necessarily for or against America using federal money to pay for this TV show. I was just saying that the show itself is not going to change their sucky home life. If you want to complain, if it's taken away, about the education that it could bring, then we should focus on improving public schooling. That's the whole point of school is so kids can learn and develop. Television, yes can improve education, but the job of providing education is up to our school systems. I would like to ask, is there any proof of how well PBS is helping kids with shitty parents? I would like to see it if so. Not saying there isn't any out there, I just haven't seen any.

22 minutes ago, Travesty said:

But over time, if you cut more and more things, it will all eventually add up. Why fund something that no one even watches anymore? That could be a claim someone who is for cutting PBS funding could say.

10 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Are you guys under the assumption that only kids with good parents are the ones watching PBS?

I really feel like you should re-read what we have been posting.

You guys are also thinking PBS is strictly for kids. It's not, they have other programs geared towards adults. PBS kids is just the most well known.