Sign in to follow this  
Arctic Freeze

Abaddon, Lord of Avernus

Abaddon, Lord of Avernus ultimate Borrowed Time lets people walk up to someone stand in their face and spam bullets into their face so they can kill someone instantly when it ends. The race is unbalanced and possibly could be changed so it can not shoot during its ultimate. Many races have been nerfed for the same reasoning.

Edit: This post is done. 

Edited by Arctic Freeze

11 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Abaddon, Lord of Avernus ultimate Borrowed Time lets people walk up to someone stand in their face and spam bullets into their face so they can kill someone instantly when it ends. The race is unbalanced.

1. Race is totally balanced IMO, it's ultimate is literally "I'm orange, don't shoot me or I heal."

2. Run around a corner, strafe, bhop, meme flashbang etc. All of these are ways to negate getting shot directly out of his ultimate, war3 is always going to have races that you have to do something to counter the ability, whether it be another race or an in-game tactic.

so it can not shoot during its ultimate.

lol, it can't shoot during its ultimate, lol (Yes, I realize it can, I'm just actually retarded.)

Edited by Smash
I'm retarded.

5 minutes ago, Smash said:

1. Race is totally balanced IMO, it's ultimate is literally "I'm orange, don't shoot me or I heal."

2. Run around a corner, strafe, bhop, meme flashbang etc. All of these are ways to negate getting shot directly out of his ultimate, war3 is always going to have races that you have to do something to counter the ability, whether it be another race or an in-game tactic.

lol, it can't shoot during its ultimate, lol

I think you need to replay the race. It can shoot during its ultimate but does no damage until it ends. Spamming a gun into someones head makes it so as soon as you get out of your ult it instantly kills the person. Xip does it all the time.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

Oh, I'm actually retarded. Got it.

Hm, I'll be honest, I don't see it as a problem. It's a bit griefy, but by removing it's ability to shoot you end up potentially buffing the race in reality. If you've played other races that can't shoot for a period of time, you'll know the animation still plays and no bullet comes out/ammo is consumed. This causes you to still be able to spam at the same rate as if you were shooting if using something like a deagle without using any ammo from the mag, causing an infinite chain of deagle spam to the head.

Edited by Smash

4 minutes ago, Smash said:

Hm, I'll be honest, I don't see it as a problem. It's a bit griefy, but by removing it's ability to shoot you end up potentially buffing the race in reality. If you've played other races that can't shoot for a period of time, you'll know the animation still plays and no bullet comes out/ammo is consumed. This causes you to still be able to spam at the same rate as if you were shooting if using something like a deagle without using any ammo from the mag, causing an infinite chain of deagle spam to the head.

There's a race that goes invis and is unable to shoot and cant fire at all but I can't remember the name. Pretty sure it doesn't let you shoot at all.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

5 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

There's a race that goes invis and is unable to shoot and cant fire at all but I can't remember the name. Pretty sure it doesn't let you shoot at all.

Recon scout. Testing now, one sec.

EDIT: Recon scout lets you go invis and after a 1 second delay can fire after becoming visible again. However while unable to shoot, you can simply hold down LMB and it will fire as soon as possible. This means a perfectly accurate one deagle/ak shot etc without any ammo waste or spam.

Edited by Smash

22 minutes ago, Smash said:

The entire resason this post is up is because that Xip was able to cock-block an enemy directly infront of him by being in is Ultimate state, ending in his enemy dying. I belive the race does need a nerf to make it a bit weaker by removing the aspect of shooting while the Ultimate is active, it will give players an opportunity of surviving this already strong race.

20 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Recon scout?

Edited by LVL4ROCK

19 minutes ago, Smash said:

Recon scout. Testing now, one sec.

I was thinking of Lilith. Lilith can't shoot in its ult and has a slight delay after ulting for when it can shoot.

Now that I really think about it all it needs is a slight delay to stop people from running up to people and just spamming bullets.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

@Arctic Freeze You are legit retarded if you think Abaddon is OP Xiplitz plays it all the time I have no problem with it he's decent at it. I think you just need to get better at the game.

Or just think of a Counter race lol.

1.Get a better reaction time to shoot him when he gets out of his ult

2.Like smash said run away or bhop around a corner

3.If Xip is on and he's on abadoon I will legit come over on war3 to show you how ez it is to counter it

There are races that silence abaddon. Anti mage can burn his bullets while hes ulted. Any race with a movement speed buff can outrun him, etc etc...

Personally, I just hold down mouse1 right back at him and see who dies first.

I mean lilith and recon are both invisible.. Abaddon isn't and it works both ways. You can just count down in your head and start spraying at abaddons head if he walks up close. Headshots should do the trick even if he gets healed..

7 hours ago, Smash said:

thats the problem with him being able to shoot tho , you still get tagged / cant get away from him because of it .

7 hours ago, Chilly said:

@Arctic Freeze You are legit retarded if you think Abaddon is OP Xiplitz plays it all the time I have no problem with it he's decent at it. I think you just need to get better at the game.

Or just think of a Counter race lol.

1.Get a better reaction time to shoot him when he gets out of his ult

2.Like smash said run away or bhop around a corner

3.If Xip is on and he's on abadoon I will legit come over on war3 to show you how ez it is to counter it

I'm not saying its not hard to counter I'm saying a slight delay would help balance the race that is all. Stop being a child and actually learn to discuss things without calling people names.

The race isn't Tero broken but it's still better than most races because you can spray into peoples head while ulted with no consequences like other races.

Also if you actually play you'd know the orange color lasts slightly longer than the ult.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

3 hours ago, Face said:

So because someone gets in your face and uses an ultimate and you die the ult needs to be changed? Don't get close to him... Change to a race where you can bhop away, etc...

You of all people should know that's not the point I am making. Yes you can "run away" but the Ult color change lasts longer than the ult making it impossible to time perfectly for the opponent. So unless you want to waste a full clip healing a Abaddon your only other option is running away. While other races have other ways to counter them in a ult. Now the introduction of Death Bringer may change things if it voids the healing to Abaddon. Apparently people were right. Posting anything to the forums about races gives people who have 0 clue (or barely play)to how a race works (Not talking about Face) a chance to give their 2 cents even if it's wrong. I stand by my opinion of having Abaddon's ultimate needing a slight delay after ending it will give people another option other than running away.

Edited by Arctic Freeze

It isn't about everybody giving their two cents. The reason people bitch in game instead of posting on the forums is that when the post on the forums there is a public record that most people disagree with their opinion and it hurts their ego.

The coloration change should last the same as the ult duration, if it doesn't it's an error and I blame skitt

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Face said:

It isn't about everybody giving their two cents. The reason people bitch in game instead of posting on the forums is that when the post on the forums there is a public record that most people disagree with their opinion and it hurts their ego.

The coloration change should last the same as the ult duration, if it doesn't it's an error and I blame skitt

Honestly talking to some of the normal war3 players it's seems it's split down the middle with Abaddon. On the other hand people down vote even though they have 0 clue what they are talking about like Smash or Chilly. Honestly I should've just talked to Skitt over taking it to the forums to actually check if Abaddon has a error. I've watched it for a week and noticed it has a slight 1-2 second delay to changing its color back to normal. (Which yes it does matter for anyone who doesn't play at a competitive level in rpgs.)

Edited by Arctic Freeze

Honestly talking to some of the normal war3 players it's seems it's split down the middle with Abaddon. On the other hand people down vote even though they have 0 clue what they are talking about like Smash or Chilly. Honestly I should've just talked to Skitt over taking it to the forums to actually check if Abaddon has a error. I've watched it for a week and noticed it has a slight 1-2 second delay to changing its color back to normal. (Which yes it does matter for anyone who doesn't play at a competitive level in rpgs.)

Oh I don't really up or down rep balance opinions unless it's pants on head level dumb. Post a bug tracker about the ult/color duration and one of us will look eventually but it might be a week or more given holidays etc

5 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Posting anything to the forums about races gives people who have 0 clue (or barely play)to how a race works (Not talking about Face) a chance to give their 2 cents even if it's wrong.

im a newfag to warcraft, how do i play this game

2 hours ago, zebra said:

im a newfag to warcraft, how do i play this game

Yeah man me too.

How does 1 play war3 cause  totally have 0 clue or barely play FeelsAmazingMan

15 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Yeah man me too.

How does 1 play war3 cause  totally have 0 clue or barely play FeelsAmazingMan

You gain xp from kills and doing the map objective. Gain levels in the current played race. More levels more special abilities. Unlock races with accumulative levels. 

Useful commands: changerace (with or without race name), shopmenu, skillsinfo, raceinfo (race name), buy (item name), rank, next, war3top10, racetop10, wcs, racestats.

In console bind a key to +ultimate as well as +ability.

20 minutes ago, ESDaman said:

You gain xp from kills and doing the map objective. Gain levels in the current played race. More levels more special abilities. Unlock races with accumulative levels. 

Useful commands: changerace (with or without race name), shopmenu, skillsinfo, raceinfo (race name), buy (item name), rank, next, war3top10, racetop10, wcs, racestats.

In console bind a key to +ultimate as well as +ability.

idk if ur joking or not