Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

driz

Stepping Down

Hello all, many of you know me from the forums but not from in game. This is primarily because I'm utterly horrible at csgo. That being said, I'm the guy who does all the things in the background. Some of the things you may know of are the chicago move (which resulted in hundreds saved per month for additional prizes), the recruitment addon, the rank addon which was removed due to some caching issues in certain browsers, the SO MOD tool which broke horrible when we upgraded the forums, discord (yep, that was me), SSL certs for some areas of sg to secure your data, and a few other things. 

I come before you all now with sG in a very stable state, with solid income and everything running amazingly! Our engineering team is pouring hours into looking through logs for games and resolving even the most minute errors they can find, while also finding ways to keep you all entertained. There are also some other great things in the works, such as local time tracking for all game servers. This will allow us to stop relying on gameme for hours played, support multiple steamids (for all you vac banned kids), and support rust/gmod! We also have some proposals that are up in the air for staff to decide on. We are even currently in discussion regarding a war3 and/or ze server in europe. We received some interest from a european player who didn't like the ping but stated that we have the best war3 server out there (great job war3 team). We are working the details of how to ensure the database for europe war3 and US war3 remain synced which will allow staff, SOs, and Players to seamlessly jump between servers without losing anything. Our ZE server is just hugely popular, it's pretty full during peak times and having another for our European friends would potentially be a good idea!  Keep in mind, these are just ideas being tossed around, nothing is written in stone. Like we see with vanilla-2, having enough admins to go around is a challenge sometimes, so we must consider how to ensure that new servers reflect well upon the SG community. Great things happening here. 

That all said, with the stability of the systems/network being great right now, I feel that the time has come where I can safely step aside as a staff member of sG. I'll still be around to BS on the forums or play war3 for 10 minutes until I'm in tears from being killed so much so rapidly. Obviously, I'll also be available to provide guidance on any issues that come up. I've spent the last couple of hours writing up fairly detailed information on the applications I've made so people can understand flow and function. I believe I have transitioned my responsibilities and information as best as possible, and i think our staff team is fully capable of continuing with making things great here.

I'd like to thank the JCS for allowing me to join the staff ranks and assist with the many great things we've done, I'd like to thank the engineers for being such a great team to work with (lumping bullet and zach in here too, these guys are stellar engineers even if they're pink), and finally, i'd like to thank the community for all the hard work you guys put in to making sG great. (except huf and nau, you guys suck)

It was nice working with you. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the servers you didn't even play anymore. I learned a lot from you, and maybe we can find games we both play to keep in contact.

#Driz4LEG

Damn you Driz, I'm going to miss working with you.

Thanks for the countless hours you have put into making sG better than when you found it.

You were definitely the person I counted on to get something done when I needed it.

Thanks for everything man. Good luck in your future endeavors.

#Driz4LEG

Wow this was a surprise to me. If you think this is the best for you right now then i'm happy and am glad u are leaving staff on good terms and will stick around the community. you have been a person i've looked up to for a long time now in respect to your skills with that kind of position. thanks for all the hard work you have provided! and good luck with whatever path you are going down next

15 minutes ago, driz said:

Hello all, many of you know me from the forums but not from in game. This is primarily because I'm utterly horrible at csgo. That being said, I'm the guy who does all the things in the background. Some of the things you may know of are the chicago move (which resulted in hundreds saved per month for additional prizes), the recruitment addon, the rank addon which was removed due to some caching issues in certain browsers, the SO MOD tool which broke horrible when we upgraded the forums, discord (yep, that was me), SSL certs for some areas of sg to secure your data, and a few other things. 

I come before you all now with sG in a very stable state, with solid income and everything running amazingly! Our engineering team is pouring hours into looking through logs for games and resolving even the most minute errors they can find, while also finding ways to keep you all entertained. There are also some other great things in the works, such as local time tracking for all game servers. This will allow us to stop relying on gameme for hours played, support multiple steamids (for all you vac banned kids), and support rust/gmod! We also have some proposals that are up in the air for staff to decide on. We are even currently in discussion regarding a war3 and/or ze server in europe. We received some interest from a european player who didn't like the ping but stated that we have the best war3 server out there (great job war3 team). We are working the details of how to ensure the database for europe war3 and US war3 remain synced which will allow staff, SOs, and Players to seamlessly jump between servers without losing anything. Our ZE server is just hugely popular, it's pretty full during peak times and having another for our European friends would potentially be a good idea!  Keep in mind, these are just ideas being tossed around, nothing is written in stone. Like we see with vanilla-2, having enough admins to go around is a challenge sometimes, so we must consider how to ensure that new servers reflect well upon the SG community. Great things happening here. 

That all said, with the stability of the systems/network being great right now, I feel that the time has come where I can safely step aside as a staff member of sG. I'll still be around to BS on the forums or play war3 for 10 minutes until I'm in tears from being killed so much so rapidly. Obviously, I'll also be available to provide guidance on any issues that come up. I've spent the last couple of hours writing up fairly detailed information on the applications I've made so people can understand flow and function. I believe I have transitioned my responsibilities and information as best as possible, and i think our staff team is fully capable of continuing with making things great here.

I'd like to thank the JCS for allowing me to join the staff ranks and assist with the many great things we've done, I'd like to thank the engineers for being such a great team to work with (lumping bullet and zach in here too, these guys are stellar engineers even if they're pink), and finally, i'd like to thank the community for all the hard work you guys put in to making sG great. (except huf and nau, you guys suck)

Good afternoon, Driz.

Albeit the fact that I haven't known you for too long since I am a new member and new admin/donor for GMOD TTT, let me just give you thanks and kudos for being a wonderful participant and upper ranking member fervently on behalf of all the SG staff. We do certainly hope things eventually make a 180 such that you can happen to eventually return. Definitely, best of luck and don't forget about us.

~VS

@driz I support your decision but I don't like to see you go. You donated your time (some don't realize how incredibly sacrificing it is to give up this much personal time as a volunteer) , and a fuck ton of work to this community, even though you don't really play anymore. That's a lot of dedication, and generosity on your part.

As a behind-the-scenes member of staff, your work could easily go unnoticed, but you made such an impact that you can see this isn't the case, given the comments in this thread. 

#Driz4LEG

Thank you for all your work Driz. Although I've only been around for a little over a year, I can see all the work you've put into this community. You've made sG into what it is today

#Driz4LEG

Damn, thank you for everything, I sure as hell know you are a very good staff member. Sad to see you go...

#Driz4LEG