Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Sagan

OFFICIAL WIKILEAKS/ ALT RIGHT THREAD

Since this is a meme thread:

You're a fucking white male @Arctic Freeze

I'm unfortunately on mobile otherwise I'd gladly dissect your argument. But my comments were mainly due to the fact that you think Obama started a war on cops, and fucked up race relations. It's laughable at best.

8 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Since this is a meme thread:

You're a fucking white male @Arctic Freeze

I'm unfortunately on mobile otherwise I'd gladly dissect your argument. But my comments were mainly due to the fact that you think Obama started a war on cops, and fucked up race relations. It's laughable at best.

I was never serious about that haha I was just going as far right as I wanted to since its a alt right thread. 1/2 that post I reread and laugh at.

Obama has had a neutral presidency with as many good events as bad events.

I did mean the +/- thing though. Jeez people can be trigger happy.

I think Jon Stewart put it best in a semi-private interview he did(it wasn't filmed)

Basically TL:DR is that obama didn't do everything that some people hoped for(or some feared). The same will be true for Trump.

Obama had high ambitions and a had a Democrat majority. Many where excited for what he would do. Now looking back it wasn't all that much. Sure you could say "obamacare" but even though a "biggie" it is called obamacare because of catchiness and the media. Much of whats in there was talked about and attempted for decades.

You can take the reverse and if you hated Obama from the start say you were really worried at the start but now breath a little sigh of relief.

Flip it to Trump who like Obama has high ambitions and is going in with a Republican majority. Are you one of the ones who are really optimistic or do you fear the end of days is near? Look back at Obama and now take a second thought of will any of that actually happen?

The only way things might be different this time around is if they get rid of the filibuster. Even doing that they still probably won't get much done because that is just how our government operates. I'm not sure that will happen though given how long some of the Republican senators have had seats. 

6 hours ago, centran said:

Why would they block him? The only reason I can think of is because of his "ties" to Russia but that is the nature of the oil business. If what they say that the Keystone Pipeline is completely unneeded and the project was just to get the gov, individuals, and companies invested in it and thus then having a vested interest in the fossil fuel industry then I don't think they will block him. Basically it's going to come down to hate for Russia and love for money. Money usually wins out.

Because he's a horrifically unqualified choice and numerous republicans have come out against it? Including Mcconnell. It's not like the money aspect isn't tied to both parties, but no one is dumb enough to push an Exxon CEO with no ties to anything politically and no experience into the Secretary of State position.

Basically TL:DR is that obama didn't do everything that some people hoped for(or some feared).

I mean, his one big thing was healthcare reform and that fell flat on it's face. Outside of that, there's nothing big he's done. It's been a really quiet and weak presidency. Came in with ambition and change but nothing happened.

4 minutes ago, centran said:

I think Jon Stewart put it best in a semi-private interview he did(it wasn't filmed)

Basically TL:DR is that obama didn't do everything that some people hoped for(or some feared). The same will be true for Trump.

Obama had high ambitions and a had a Democrat majority. Many where excited for what he would do. Now looking back it wasn't all that much. Sure you could say "obamacare" but even though a "biggie" it is called obamacare because of catchiness and the media. Much of whats in there was talked about and attempted for decades.

You can take the reverse and if you hated Obama from the start say you were really worried at the start but now breath a little sigh of relief.

Flip it to Trump who like Obama has high ambitions and is going in with a Republican majority. Are you one of the ones who are really optimistic or do you fear the end of days is near? Look back at Obama and now take a second thought of will any of that actually happen?

The only way things might be different this time around is if they get rid of the filibuster. Even doing that they still probably won't get much done because that is just how our government operates. I'm not sure that will happen though given how long some of the Republican senators have had seats. 

Except Obama didn't have the opportunity to place 3 supreme court judges into power. So yeah Trump will be able to affect things that will have long term ramifications.

2 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Except Obama didn't have the opportunity to place 3 supreme court judges into power. So yeah Trump will be able to affect things that will have long term ramifications.

Obama appointed two supreme court justices.

Obama appointed two supreme court justices.

Fuck me I said judges didn't I.

And the people have enjoyed widespread civil liberties to be extended. Which trump wants to slow down. He wants to slow down progress for civil liberties.

3 >2

50 minutes ago, Beerman said:

And the people have enjoyed widespread civil liberties to be extended. Which trump wants to slow down. He wants to slow down progress for civil liberties.

3 >2

People jump to conclusions so quick. It's like when people call Trump a racist yet the things he's said is "I want to deport the illegal aliens" not legal immigrants. As well as "I want to stop the inflow of refugees until we can screen them better." Which the media flopped on him and only took the "I want to stop the inflow of refugees."

I really hope some of you aren't listening to everything you hear or read. Nothing is cut and dry when it comes to people. If Trump's gonna be a good president then he'll be a good one if he's gonna be a bad president then he'll be a bad one. There will be things he does generations in the future will strive off of and there will be things people hate him for in later generations, happens with every president.

People jump to conclusions so quick. It's like when people call Trump a racist yet the things he's said is "I want to deport the illegal aliens" not legal immigrants. As well as "I want to stop the inflow of refugees until we can screen them better." Which the media flopped on him and only took the "I want to stop the inflow of refugees."

I really hope some of you aren't listening to everything you hear or read. Nothing is cut and dry when it comes to people. If Trump's gonna be a good president then he'll be a good one if he's gonna be a bad president then he'll be a bad one. There will be things he does generations in the future will strive off of and there will be things people hate him for in later generations, happens with every president.

Nah its more to do with calling anybody who illegally crossed the border to be a rapist is why people think he is a racist man. Some Mexicans are good though according to him. But mostly criminals and rapists

Also you didn't even debate my point. Just said I'm jumping to conclusions.

But I'll keep my mouth shut since it seems people down vote if they do not share your view instead of commenting why my view is incorrect. Which from years of experience on forums that have a +/- system I've found it to kill debates/conversations.

Said the person who neg repped me. Just because you can't post your opinion on Reddit without getting blasted doesn't mean you can bitch about the rep system here.

3 hours ago, Beerman said:

3 >2

Jumping to conclusions. Obama has majority justices for 8 years. Yet acting like now that Trump has majority is a bad thing? Biased much. And "slow down progress for civil liberties" is jumping to conclusions. I also stated facts of the media twisting things and people jumping to conclusions like you did. I also down reped you then said you were jumping to conclusions instead of just down reping you.

Let's break it down. Democrats lost the House, Senate, Congress, Presidency and soon to be Supreme Court. First time in decades that they've all been under the same party.

2 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Jumping to conclusions. Obama has majority justices for 8 years. Yet acting like now that Trump has majority is a bad thing? Biased much. And "slow down progress for civil liberties" is jumping to conclusions. I also stated facts of the media twisting things and people jumping to conclusions like you did. I also down reped you then said you were jumping to conclusions instead of just down reping you.

Let's break it down. Democrats lost the House, Senate, Congress, Presidency and soon to be Supreme Court. First time in decades that they've all been under the same party.

Yeah making social progress for 8 years then having the ability to potentially turn the tables in the highest court is pretty much a bad thing. I'd rather not have 8 years of progress be threatened, on both abortion rights and marriage equality. You've yet to show how I'm jumping to a conclusion. I am not saying these things are going to happen; there is a worry these things may happen because there is a good chance that's what the outcome would be. Me saying he wants to slow progress isn't jumping to a conclusion. Y'all are called conservatives for a reason.

Promises to drain the swamp but puts Goldman Sachs and Exxon in power. Lol Trump supporters got played so hard

Nah man don't you get it. He's going against the elite by putting elite people who have no interest in the departments they are going to run. What better way to destroy the department of energy than to put the guy who couldn't even remember it's name in charge?

Also climate change is a Chinese hoax. Wake up fake news

5 hours ago, Beerman said:

Yeah making social progress for 8 years then having the ability to potentially turn the tables in the highest court is pretty much a bad thing. I'd rather not have 8 years of progress be threatened, on both abortion rights and marriage equality. You've yet to show how I'm jumping to a conclusion. I am not saying these things are going to happen; there is a worry these things may happen because there is a good chance that's what the outcome would be. Me saying he wants to slow progress isn't jumping to a conclusion. Y'all are called conservatives for a reason.

Nah man don't you get it. He's going against the elite by putting elite people who have no interest in the departments they are going to run. What better way to destroy the department of energy than to put the guy who couldn't even remember it's name in charge?

Also climate change is a Chinese hoax. Wake up fake news

Climate change is 100% a hoax obviously. And damn I wanna live in this world with progress! Can you show me where it is? This stagnated economy and increase by trillions of debt for the past 8 years won't let me find this paradise.

(Edit: about 1/2 of each of my posts have satire mixed in with the truth.. since I have nothing better to do while being as sick as a dog.)

Climate change is 100% a hoax obviously. And damn I wanna live in this world with progress! Can you show me where it is? This stagnated economy and increase by trillions of debt for the past 8 years won't let me find this paradise.

(Edit: about 1/2 of each of my posts have satire mixed in with the truth.. since I have nothing better to do while being as sick as a dog.)

Oh so now the Supreme Court is going to fix the economy? Stay on topic

17 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Oh so now the Supreme Court is going to fix the economy? Stay on topic

What? i was making fun of what you said :/ take a joke jeez lmao you said only progress and I used 2 things that showed 0 progress. We could talk about race relations, media click bait, media bigotry, and how bad Obamacare is currently for small businesses. I could be serious and give you facts about the "progress" you speak off but honestly we are worse off right now than before Obama took office. I'll stick with the posts with a mix of satire and truth over actually being serious about politics since it's such a shit hole.

This election was a joke and big meme due to how we ended up with Hillary vs Trump. What the hell is wrong with people. It was evil vs evil and people chose based off the lesser evil. Politics is a fucking joke.

13 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Promises to drain the swamp but puts Goldman Sachs and Exxon in power. Lol Trump supporters got played so hard

Maybe they are like Trump and abused the system in the past but want to change it. Because they knew all the dirty tricks they know how to fix them!!! lol

8 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

You joke but there are tons of people who seriously think 100s of climate scientist are falsifying their findings and lying on reports so they keep their funding. I bet there are a few in this forum that will be happy to tell you the "truth" of how it is all faked and they just can't believe that 1 or 2 degree difference in global temperature makes a different. it's so small! you can't even notice when the temperature is 1 degree different! blah blah blah

7 minutes ago, centran said:

You joke but there are tons of people who seriously think 100s of climate scientist are falsifying their findings and lying on reports so they keep their funding. I bet there are a few in this forum that will be happy to tell you the "truth" of how it is all faked and they just can't believe that 1 or 2 degree difference in global temperature makes a different. it's so small! you can't even notice when the temperature is 1 degree different! blah blah blah

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/video/watch-our-hbo-episode-about-climate-change-from-all-sides-of-the-issue

Apparently 1/4 of Americans lol. See 05:30.

47 minutes ago, centran said:

Wait then how do people explain the rise in water level and polar caps melting? Like I'd understand if some of them were falsified especially since Obamacare was implemented using falsified Information but not all of them.

4 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Wait then how do people explain the rise in water level and polar caps melting? Like I'd understand if some of them were falsified especially since Obamacare was implemented using falsified Information but not all of them.

Trump supporters don't look at actual scientific data. Had one tell me he dosent need to provide sources for his beliefs and instead said hes entitled to believe what he wants based on what he sees

12 hours ago, Arctic Freeze said:

There's reason to be skeptical, to a degree, at the general response to climate change. Considering the approach some of the more alarming responses seem to take; I.E. Al Gore and his issue ridden documentary, which Crichton debunked fantastically in many areas. Great read, highly encourage it.

Moving on, one of the larger issues we're lying on is that we only recently have been able to record data, and even then our earlier reports were not as accurate as we have now. We have carbon readings from Icelandic sea ice suggesting temperatures many degrees higher than they were now, thousands of years ago. We also don't account for numerous factors when it comes to measuring certain things (I.E. Urban Heat Island effect and temperature. Syracuse has dropped while NYC/Chicago have risen). The issue with Climate Change isn't "if" it's a matter of why, how, and if it's something to be alarmed at, some natural cyclical matter or both. That and the manner in which news spreads these days certainly doesn't help. Nasa for instance has reported that sea ice has actually grown on the eastern sheet of Antartica, rather than the general thought process that everywhere ice is melting. There's also been increased Glacier growth in some countries as well. I believe it's happening but i'd love for a more balanced approach. I don't think there's enough people in the community playing devils advocate(which I do pretty much 99% of the time and piss people off if you couldn't tell) and there might be some issues with it. I think to a degree there's an echo chamber on the matter. That being said, if you believe the parts per million theory then we're already fucked and passed the point of no return.

But yeah, i'm generally not a fan of a lot of the bullshit some corporations get away with. Dumping toxic waste is a big no no but we allow it on both sides and in every country for a quick pat on the back with some cash. I'd much rather cure the whole mass extinction event going on but that, also, is likely past the point of no return.

7 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Trump supporters don't look at actual scientific data. Had one tell me he dosent need to provide sources for his beliefs and instead said hes entitled to believe what he wants based on what he sees

Fallacy's are never a good base argument. I fuck with a girl who went full blown hippie the past year and while I still love her (fucking kill me) innocent viewpoints, they're not the brightest of the bunch and she tends to get tunnel vision. I could tell her something and have her believe me at face value with no evidence whatsoever. Both sides have those people.