Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakota

Sponsoring an African Child

I think it'd be funny and useful to use clan funds to sponsor an african child for pennies a day. We'd get photos of them and updates throughout the year. 

Better than pizza.

2 minutes ago, RistoPOWER said:

Or we just send our pizza to them.

why not both

sounds like something you'd hear as a news story or something xD "Gaming Community uses money to sponsor African child named Bobo" xD

8 hours ago, Beerman said:

We can give them an sG shirt they can wear for the rest of their life. They indebted to us. 

Where's my sG shirt?!?!?!?!!

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Where's my sG shirt?!?!?!?!!

We asked for a african not a frikkn bitch Kappa 

"Gaming community sends 20 pizzas and a shirt to a random african child"

Do this 10 times and we're sure to win a Nobel prize.

There are organizations where you just give them money to support kids in third world countries and they send you updates on their well being. 

My family does this for a kid named "Nicholas" in Africa.  He can now afford to go to a private christian school, read and write in english (he updates us personally through letters) and his family can eat well.  I'm all for it, and it doesn't even cost much. 

1 hour ago, Howard Dean said:

Sounds like a scumbag thing to say, but I think giving to other countries is retarded.

I think we ought to focus more on people in our country.

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/impact-of-hunger/hunger-and-poverty/hunger-and-poverty-fact-sheet.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

I believe this to but the amount of support one family can have on the community is amazing as I've scene alot of stories of people making gardens and feeding neibors aswell making extra money...

46 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

I believe this to but the amount of support one family can have on the community is amazing as I've scene alot of stories of people making gardens and feeding neibors aswell making extra money...

There are multiple viewpoints of this and it always will be. $10 in a underdeveloped country will always do more than $10 in developed countries. How much are sG willing to give if any at all and should sG prioritize doing little for one in the U.S or do a lot for many in almost any underdeveloped part of the world? If sG at all decides to use funds to aid anything I wouldn't really care to whom as long as the receiving end is reputable and dependable.

27 minutes ago, Fugner said:

We can't afford this. We already sponsor Eddy so he can be a stay at home son. 

Those cheetos and chicken cutlets don't come cheap.