Sign in to follow this  
trav

How can we make being an 'Innocent' less boring?

5 minutes ago, Cman said:

Normal TTT doesnt have games included in it, personally If there was a surf or climb then the last inno could just hide at the end of it and make the last T try to complete it when he might not be able to. This would just delay rounds even more. As a inno you basically want to prove your innocence through detective work (calling out Ts, killings Ts, or getting tested). IMO games within maps on TTT would ruin it as part of the fun of TTT is trying to find out who the traitors are. 

They aren't going to be climbs that you just can hide in. You can make an open climb. Like on jb_clouds... (not extreme climb, fuck that)

2 minutes ago, Sith said:

Might as well fucking make CS:GO TTT another minigames at this point. If you guys don't like being inno, you're probably playing on a server not for you.

That isn't the point...the point is, being an innocent for 4+ maps in a row gets boring. Add a fucking tic-tac-toe board and make it fun. Not EVERY map needs to have something on it. But would it be nice to have a couple maps with some other things to do, yes, yes it would. 

6 minutes ago, Sith said:

If you guys don't like being inno, you're probably playing on a server not for you.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Sith

1 hour ago, Sith said:

Might as well fucking make CS:GO TTT another minigames at this point. If you guys don't like being inno, you're probably playing on a server not for you.

Seriously. I feel that adding maps with stuff like surf, climb, etc to the TTTGO server would just ruin the whole point of TTT. Yeah being an Innocent can be boring, but that's just the way it is. You just have to get use to it. Like Darren and Sith said, if you're tired of just walking around waiting for something to happen then help out the Detectives and try to discover who the T's are.

3 hours ago, Travesty said:

I think we do need more maps with Climb, Surf, Soccer and other similar games. I think it would be great ways to kill time as well as group people up for the traitors to kill haha. Map Makers get to makin'!

I still think any 'Innocent' or 'Detective' strategy isn't going to make it any less boring -- I do everything that has been suggested (as that's just the strategy of being an Inno). I was just trying to think of ways to make our server a fun time 100% of the time so that it would not matter if you were 'Innocent' for 3 maps in a row.

Not sure of how much people would be trying to find the traitors instead of afking in the map games if the maps get made...

1 hour ago, xmen said:

Not sure of how much people would be trying to find the traitors instead of afking in the map games if the maps get made...

I mean, they afk in the maps already...lol

I mean the map games don't hurt and these would be games in the map in which you can't hide. Or at least they should be, they should not interfere with the integrity of the game.

Honestly, I think having soccer, climb, bhop, etc. on there isn't going to jeopardize the game. If anything it could be a way for the traitor to group the innocents together as well.

Just thinking out loud, I think the excuse that waiting for traitor makes it so much fun is not a good way to keep people in the server because likely once they get that traitor round they might just leave right after that.

I too like the classic maps like dust, italy, etc. But I think adding in a custom map with extra games doesn't hurt at all. Again these would be games that don't interfere with the game mode.

I like to fuck with other innocents as much as I can when I'm innocent as well but that gets old quick. The traitor tester that has been placed in the maps is a great way to interact with other players and added another element to the game. I think a map game could do the same.

1 minute ago, Travesty said:

Honestly, I think having soccer, climb, bhop, etc. on there isn't going to jeopardize the game. If anything it could be a way for the traitor to group the innocents together as well.

So what's going to happen? Is everyone who's a bored Innocent just gonna play these games and as they're playing them a T will just come up and kill them? The point is these games will distract everyone from the overall goal. I see no point in adding anything like soccer, climb, bhop, surf, and etc. Honestly if you're that bored of being an Innocent, then maybe TTT just isn't for you.

2 minutes ago, Ironic said:

So what's going to happen? Is everyone who's a bored Innocent just gonna play these games and as they're playing them a T will just come up and kill them? The point is these games will distract everyone from the overall goal. I see no point in adding anything like soccer, climb, bhop, surf, and etc. Honestly if you're that bored of being an Innocent, then maybe TTT just isn't for you.

Well I guess there's no harm to try adding one of these maps :P

5 minutes ago, xmen said:

Well I guess there's no harm to try adding one of these maps :P

We have a server called Mini Games if you're really interested in all that stuff.

being innocent isnt that bad when you're aggressively trying to live

its too bad that our rules have gotten progressively shittier over the years and the punishment for being wrong is usually a ban because "you should know better"

when there are 3 people on the scoreboard and you havent heard anyone talk for awhile you should be allowed to shoot first, the forced pacifist mentality is really boring to play

when you are hiding somewhere and in the last minute before overtime someone basically traces you through the map and stares you in the eyes around a corner you shouldnt get punished for starting the firefight against a obvious traitor preemptively

basically, stop punishing innocents for using their intelligence to win the game because you're bad at being a traitor. in the event that you are wrong about your suspicion you should take the karma loss and a slay next round, its not a big deal to die for dumb shit its part of the game

^ I agree with this actually ^

45 minutes ago, Ironic said:

It's to play in the time being before shit goes down. It's not like everyone is going to be stuck there the whole game.

Someone make a classic TTT map but add some simple games like tic-tac-toe, bhop, soccer, etc and see how 'bad' it is. It's really just to kill time before you detect something.

Edited by Travesty

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

being innocent isnt that bad when you're aggressively trying to live

its too bad that our rules have gotten progressively shittier over the years and the punishment for being wrong is usually a ban because "you should know better"

when there are 3 people on the scoreboard and you havent heard anyone talk for awhile you should be allowed to shoot first, the forced pacifist mentality is really boring to play

when you are hiding somewhere and in the last minute before overtime someone basically traces you through the map and stares you in the eyes around a corner you shouldnt get punished for starting the firefight against a obvious traitor preemptively

basically, stop punishing innocents for using their intelligence to win the game because you're bad at being a traitor. in the event that you are wrong about your suspicion you should take the karma loss and a slay next round, its not a big deal to die for dumb shit its part of the game

this ^

7 minutes ago, Travesty said:

It's to play in the time being before shit goes down. It's not like everyone is going to be stuck there the whole game.

Someone make a classic TTT map but add some simple games like tic-tac-toe, bhop, soccer, etc and see how 'bad' it is. It's really just to kill time before you detect something.

If you want to waste time before shit goes down, then why don't you just sit somewhere and pull out your phone. Honestly, I do that at times. Like I said, TTT does require patience and if you're so bored as an Innocent that you're wanting things like Bhop, surf, ect. Then maybe TTT isn't the game you should be playing.

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

If you want to waste time before shit goes down, then why don't you just sit somewhere and pull out your phone. Honestly, I do that at times. Like I said, TTT does require patience and if you're so bored as an Innocent that you're wanting things like Bhop, surf, ect. Then maybe TTT isn't the game you should be playing.

Then you're literally not even playing the game. I don't get your reasoning here. The map games suggestion could keep people in the server and also adds another element/interaction with the game mode. I'm just looking for ways to make TTT less boring and for someone to claim that TTT is for them if you're sitting on your phone sometimes, clearly there is something boring with being innocent.

This thread was only started to alleviate that.

I do agree with Ted though that we should be rewarding risk and intelligence rather than pacifism. That could make being Innocent more fun.

Edited by Travesty

19 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Then you're literally not even playing the game.

That's the whole point of why those additional stuff like BHop, Climb, etc shouldn't be added.  There's literally no point. If you want to play all those stuff we have a Mini Games server, but to just add those into TTTGO sounds pretty stupid. And yeah especially if I'm Innocent sometimes I'll pull out my phone to check my Snapchat/Messages. I don't just sit there on my phone (unless I'm dead waiting for the next round of course).

But what I'm trying to say is if you're so bored of being Innocent that you want to add in all these minigame stuff, then yes maybe TTT isn't for you because being an Innocent is apart of the game and you have to deal with it. People don't play a TTT server to play some climb, no they play so they can play some TTT.

Edit: Also, the big problem about "we should be rewarding risk and intelligence rather than pacifism" is yes it can sound good, but what if the risk you took is wrong? What if there actually was someone else left alive who was the T and was AFK or just on the other side of the map not talking? I've seen that happen a few times before. That's why it's not allowed to just assume someone is a Traitor.

Edited by Ironic

Again, I think you can play TTT while fucking around on a small climb in a part of the map until you're ready to move on. I don't think it's game breaking. It's just like doing bhops on boxes in Site B of Dust2. It's a way to kill the boredom of being an innocent.

id rather have mappers focus on making a map that doesnt play like shit instead of filling it with minigames for people with add (no offense to non cis member of sg)

You'd think we could get both