Sign in to follow this  
trav

How can we make being an 'Innocent' less boring?

I find anytime I play TTTGO, all I'm really doing is killing time until I'm a traitor. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make being an innocent less boring.

Otherwise I find the game to be pretty stagnant especially if you're innocent for an entire map.

Maybe adding another class other than Detective or Innocent like Shit Disturber where all you do is disturb shit but not allowed to kill lol KappaRoss

Edited by Travesty

What I like to do is see how people change their voice when they are a T or not, they don't notice it most of the time, but there are a lot of tells that can be heard if you just listen closely. People act differently over mic when they are a traitor, some people talk louder/more exciting, some people don't talk at all to avoid suspicion. 

Traitors often claim RDM before they ID the body of someone they killed, so suspicion on people who do that.

Traitors often run around with a secondary/knife/grenade if they are Traitors, because they know people won't shoot them because they are the Traitors.

If you run up to someone who is going towards you, and he runs towards you, but then does a U-turn to turn around and follow you, chances are, they are a Traitor.

Also, look at all the bodies on the floor and the timer of when they were killed before you inspected the body, if it was within 10 seconds, look around and see who was there, chances are, the closest person is a Traitor.

It's stuff like this that makes the game more fun for me when I am innocent, look out for the little things the innocents, detective, and traitors seem to miss.

EDIT: Sidetip for people playing TTT, always assume the first KOS is real, and the second one might be real, but has a way less chance of being real. This is because most traitors don't call KOS on people after they shoot them, because they think they are going to kill them before they can call KOS, and even if they did call KOS first, and they were an innocent after someone identified the body, it would be clear that the person who was called out first was a traitor.

Edited by Kordless

I play pretty much like a detective when I'm innocent. I'm always following a trail or shadowing someone suspicious. So, I don't find it boring. However, one thing that would make innocent life a little more exciting is objectives that can be completed during a round, similar to collecting the diamond ore blocks in b5 for gmod TTT, but instead of ending the round for everyone it rewards the individual player with something useful like a DNA scanner or maybe something useless but fun like a dildo launcher.

The only issue is that such mechanics would require a plugin or someone to design new maps with the mechanics incorporated into them.

1 minute ago, iafunky said:

Add !rps to tttgo

Yes.

Also, I think it would be cool if maps had some map games incorporated in them. Kind of like jailbreak, but not as many games and such. So you can play climb, or whatever, while waiting for the T's to make their move.

36 minutes ago, Kordless said:

What I like to do is see how people change their voice when they are a T or not, they don't notice it most of the time, but there are a lot of tells that can be heard if you just listen closely. People act differently over mic when they are a traitor, some people talk louder/more exciting, some people don't talk at all to avoid suspicion. 

Traitors often claim RDM before they ID the body of someone they killed, so suspicion on people who do that.

Traitors often run around with a secondary/knife/grenade if they are Traitors, because they know people won't shoot them because they are the Traitors.

If you run up to someone who is going towards you, and he runs towards you, but then does a U-turn to turn around and follow you, chances are, they are a Traitor.

Also, look at all the bodies on the floor and the timer of when they were killed before you inspected the body, if it was within 10 seconds, look around and see who was there, chances are, the closest person is a Traitor.

It's stuff like this that makes the game more fun for me when I am innocent, look out for the little things the innocents, detective, and traitors seem to miss.

EDIT: Sidetip for people playing TTT, always assume the first KOS is real, and the second one might be real, but has a way less chance of being real. This is because most traitors don't call KOS on people after they shoot them, because they think they are going to kill them before they can call KOS, and even if they did call KOS first, and they were an innocent after someone identified the body, it would be clear that the person who was called out first was a traitor.

You could do all of this, have 100% evidence that the person is a T, then pull the trigger, be correct, but then have the T cry in admin chat that they were RDM'd, and be slain the next few rounds for RDM'ing a T...

I guess that's just TTT...

2 minutes ago, slyfox said:

You could do all of this, have 100% evidence that the person is a T, then pull the trigger, be correct, but then have the T cry in admin chat that they were RDM'd, and be slain the next few rounds for RDM'ing a T...

I guess that's just TTT...

Admins aren't supposed to immediately slay you if they didn't see what happened or you don't break the rules.

I'm not saying you should kill someone for turning around and following you, but chances are they are a traitor, and you should watch your back and have suspicion on them.

It's TTT. If you've played on gmod, you know that's the nature of the game. Innos are supposed to be helping detectives and not get killed. Otherwise, they can't do much else

I however have taken to knifing Rootbeer enough that it'll take one shot to kill him but not enough to actually kill him with that knife.

Why not add a new game mode that staff can start after a majority vote?

I think Mafia would be perfect:

- Multiple roles and abilities

- 3 "factions": innocents (good), mafia (bad), miscellaneous (good or bad)

- Night and day cycle where you perform actions during the night and vote to lynch someone during the day

More information about the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I would enjoy playing this on TTTGO.

On GMOD when you died you entered a ghost death match arena on the same map that would continue until the round ended. I don't believe this can be incorporated into CSGO however if possible would probably be a good addition. Innocents are pretty much deputies to the detective. Your entire purpose is to find out who the traitors are so once the t's start killing your job to find out begins. 

49 minutes ago, TotesMagoats said:

Yes.

Also, I think it would be cool if maps had some map games incorporated in them. Kind of like jailbreak, but not as many games and such. So you can play climb, or whatever, while waiting for the T's to make their move.

Who needs games? More cars! for everymap at least one ez

25 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

It's TTT. If you've played on gmod, you know that's the nature of the game. Innos are supposed to be helping detectives and not get killed. Otherwise, they can't do much else

I however have taken to knifing Rootbeer enough that it'll take one shot to kill him but not enough to actually kill him with that knife.

Pretty much this right here, in gmod innos pretty much are supporting detectives throughout the round, figuring out who traitors are. Some of you should play gmod ttt and see how it is since I know the majority are still new to the gamemode.

Also, spectator deathmatch was being considered at one point for the server, so I'll tale to bullet about that.

@iafunky @Yunki If you can show/make a map that is a good size for ttt:go with some surf aspects to it I'll add it to the server.

55 minutes ago, Reaper0470 said:

On GMOD when you died you entered a ghost death match arena on the same map that would continue until the round ended. I don't believe this can be incorporated into CSGO however if possible would probably be a good addition. Innocents are pretty much deputies to the detective. Your entire purpose is to find out who the traitors are so once the t's start killing your job to find out begins. 

I had this mostly coded for JB, just needed to stop things like gun sounds and impact holes from being displayed to live players

Just now, bulletford said:

not currently, but i have a plugin for jb that can be modified

I have just heard people ask/complain about that quite a few times. It just gets crazy since we can all talk when dead so wanted to see if there was something we could do to help that a little.

Just now, TotesMagoats said:

I have just heard people ask/complain about that quite a few times. It just gets crazy since we can all talk when dead so wanted to see if there was something we could do to help that a little.

It's been on my list for a while, that's why i made voice drain as well.

I think we do need more maps with Climb, Surf, Soccer and other similar games. I think it would be great ways to kill time as well as group people up for the traitors to kill haha. Map Makers get to makin'!

I still think any 'Innocent' or 'Detective' strategy isn't going to make it any less boring -- I do everything that has been suggested (as that's just the strategy of being an Inno). I was just trying to think of ways to make our server a fun time 100% of the time so that it would not matter if you were 'Innocent' for 3 maps in a row.

Edited by Travesty

Normal TTT doesnt have games included in it, personally If there was a surf or climb then the last inno could just hide at the end of it and make the last T try to complete it when he might not be able to. This would just delay rounds even more. As a inno you basically want to prove your innocence through detective work (calling out Ts, killings Ts, or getting tested). IMO games within maps on TTT would ruin it as part of the fun of TTT is trying to find out who the traitors are.