Sign in to follow this  
Dakka

Prevent completely new players from joining CT

Sorry if I sound like an asshole for restricting what a new player can do on an sG server, but this is kind of annoying to deal with. The amount of MFK, FK, "I dunno how to warden/don't want to warden", and "AFK freeze/drop weapon or ill kill you" completely slows down rounds and makes other new players leave and never come back.

Solution: Require 1 hour of total playtime (non-spectator) before one can join the CT team.

Example: "Hello and welcome to sG Jailbreak, you must have 1 hour of playtime on this server before you can join the CT/Guards."

I believe this would improve the quality of each round and reduce the amount of unnecessary killing and incomplete/"illegal" (AFK freeze) orders.

I'm afraid it'll discourage new players from learning ct, or playing all together.

I feel like 30-45 minutes,(or an hour) would be great. Not too long, but long enough to stop/discourage some massfreekillers, and give newer players just a bit of experience.

I actually really love this idea.

This has been brought up a numerous amount of times. The reason this currently isn't done is because I'm afraid it'll discourage new players from learning ct, or playing all together. However, one hour is quite short. I'm willing to give it some thought.

I think we may be able to fix this problem by telling them in the message something like "Welcome to sG Jailbreak. You will have to play 1 hour as a T before you are able to join CT. This is just so you can see how CT's work if you are new to Jailbreak."

Yeah I know that may be a long message (and you can shorten it howerver), but I feel like if you let them know why they are having to be T for an hour then it may help some to stay.

Either way an hour is not that long at all, if I went to some new server it wouldn't kill me to be T for an hour before I could join CT.

Although I like the reasoning behind the idea, I don't think it would help much. An hour isn't long enough to learn most of the rules, and there are some people who've played for dozens or even hundreds of hours and still don't seem to know all the rules. I think the best thing is to just let people learn from their mistakes, because no amount of play time as a T will make you a good CT let alone warden.

For instance, there was a kid on in the morning who kept being passed warden. He'd give vague, incomplete, or invalid orders and it would be a rip round. But after only a couple rounds he started to figure it out and managed to give proper orders. All it took was someone to calmly tell him what he did wrong.