Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Tyrande and Blade Master ults

I have always been against the Blade Master ult being able to damage people who have ult immunity, because what's the point of ult immunity if you still get killed by someone's ult? But it wasn't that big of a deal so I never cared to post about it, however, we now have another race on the server that has an ult that deals damage to people who have ult immunity and before this becomes a more popular trend amongst new races I think it should be talked about.

As far as I am concerned, if someone is ult immune that means they should be immune to every ult that would otherwise have an affect on them. I am still not 100% clear as to why Blade Master and Tyrande have been made exceptions to this, but I don't think any race with ult immune or any player with necklace should be able to take damage and potentially be killed by either of this races because their ults don't care about ult immunity.

Even though there are only two races on the server (that I know of) that are an exception to this rule, what's to stop people from suggesting more races that have AOE damage ults similar to these races that get added? And if more of them get added then at what point does ult immunity start to not mean too much when we have 10+ races running around with ults that can damage and kill you even if you have that immunity? I think both races need to have their ults be useless against people with immunity and not have any more races added to the server that have ults like that. If anyone disagrees I would be interested in hearing as to why it's fine for those races to be like that.

Blademaster is the way it is because it's ultimate is kinda an integral part of the race. without it, you struggle to get kills. Blademaster's ultimate will stay the way it is. Tyrande's ultimate going through ulti immu may be an oversight, however I didn't make the race. I am 100% ok with its ultimate going through ulti immu because it really isn't that strong and is extremely easy to avoid. ulti immu is generally aimed at ultimates that are target specific(as you said) and some other AOE spells.  The biggest difference between these 2 ultimates and the rest is that they are damage over time. They are not instant high dmg spells or disables. 

I guess no one really does play Blademaster since it was destroyed by nerfs, but it hasn't gone through ulti immune in months.

I was thinking this... But I figured I was wrong/hadn't played him recently or something. I remember running up to people/having people run up to me and doing no damage AND unable to knife during so, which inevitably ended in the blade masters death.

I just have never liked that any race has an ult that goes through ult immunity because ult immunity is supposed to be just that. And I know that neither of the ults are super strong, but it can still make the difference between a win or lose in a fight if someone has lower hp and I don't like that someone with lower hp and ult immune could still get killed pretty easily by these races ults. But I was just curious what other people thought and the general consensus seems to be that people don't really think it's an issue lol

I just have never liked that any race has an ult that goes through ult immunity because ult immunity is supposed to be just that. And I know that neither of the ults are super strong, but it can still make the difference between a win or lose in a fight if someone has lower hp and I don't like that someone with lower hp and ult immune could still get killed pretty easily by these races ults. But I was just curious what other people thought and the general consensus seems to be that people don't really think it's an issue lol

You also have to think with blade master, if someone is ult immune and it doesn't effect them, and blade master doesn't realize that, they are literally a sitting duck while the ult goes off. They can't even run up and knife the person due to the way the skill works.

It would have to be changed to an ability2 for Blade Master and I think that would actually cause more unhappiness lol

nope just switch the speed ability to the ulti slot

On 1/28/2016 at 3:48 PM, KnifeMaster No Sound said:

I guess no one really does play Blademaster since it was destroyed by nerfs, but it hasn't gone through ulti immune in months.

Aero plays the hell out of that race, can't even root him when his ult is active.  End up having to switch to pharaoh so I can stand there and left click him to death.

I dream of a war3 server where blademaster isn't a piece of fucking shit. It's been nerfed so long ago that I forgot the initial reason it was nerfed. I miss being able to get 40 kills on westwood with my blademaster.

On 28/01/2016 at 8:11 PM, Moose said:

You also have to think with blade master, if someone is ult immune and it doesn't effect them, and blade master doesn't realize that, they are literally a sitting duck while the ult goes off. They can't even run up and knife the person due to the way the skill works.

This. I made the race unable to knife while it's ultimate was going off because that would be ridiculous. As a consequence it must be able to hit those that are ultimate immune because it's hard to tell who is ultimate immune and who is not, so it would leave the blademaster in a very unfortunate position.

On 4/22/2016 at 10:37 AM, MrCoolness said:

This. I made the race unable to knife while it's ultimate was going off because that would be ridiculous. As a consequence it must be able to hit those that are ultimate immune because it's hard to tell who is ultimate immune and who is not, so it would leave the blademaster in a very unfortunate position.

Well I am all good with the ult going through ult immunity now because now I see why it needs to be that way, but I think the buff on the ult was a little much. Making it immune to slows and freezes is all fine and dandy, but it also being immune to every other spell is kind of strong imo. For example, if a Blademaster comes up to me while I am on Naix, I used to be able to leech enough to give myself a chance while sitting in it's ult and sometimes have enough to kill one when the ult would end (not always though), but now I can't leech at all due to it's 100% spell immunity so if I get caught in a BM's ult as a Naix I am dead no matter what. Same goes for most other races that rely on life steal, extra damage, slows, or bashes to combat races like that. Not only that but if I entangle a Blademaster as NE and then instantly turn and run when he uses his ult, he still has enough time left on his ult to catch up to me and almost deal enough damage to kill me despite being rooted for 2.5 seconds and me tucking tail right away.

But same as with the ult going through ult immunity, if someone can make a reasonable argument for the 100% spell immunity on the race then go for it, I am all ears