Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thorgot

Planned Papa's Kingdom Update

Did it ever? I'm not sure it needs to if it does.

Nope it only had nades.. The vent behind the cells was the only one that healed.

Nope it only had nades.. The vent behind the cells was the only one that healed.

Well there aren't nades in it anymore and the one behind cells doesn't heal lol. I thought it did though, I remember vividly somebody complaining about a t in there who he had hit for 500 and the reason he didn't die was because the healing. Anyways could we do something with that vent under stairs cause right now it's pretty useless. If you get in it to hide from CT'S in the beginning of the round you had VIP cell in which case you could have easily just went in pool vent and got nades.

It really is different how the oneway walls are now abused in CSGO compared to CSS.  But then again people were also hunted down more than they are pardoned now.

As for the clouds thing, The new version 6 will just have CT's teleport to the top of extreme climb so T's can't camp it.

I tested it in the v6 beta and it is really nice. download below to see for yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zu0uwhfrqccc94/jb_clouds_beta01.7z

I'm not sure of a good way to fix this. I think this is a problem on any map where you can exit water horizontally. Think of the pool vents in texture and obama for example.

I have only done like an hour worth of research, so this may obviously not work and you might have a much better idea for it(or know it won't work), but would it be possible to put wall you can just walk through between the water and the entrance of that vent? With no units between the wall and the water?

Could be completely wrong, but just a thought.

I spent a few hours today making a brand new map game. Other than a second map game there's just a few minor things to do before it's ready!

FJziinI.jpg

I spent a few hours today making a brand new map game. Other than a second map game there's just a few minor things to do before it's ready!

FJziinI.jpg

I'm assuming the targets move around, and the speed at which they move/disappear is on that panel? Person/team to hit the most targets lives?

Well there aren't nades in it anymore and the one behind cells doesn't heal lol. I thought it did though, I remember vividly somebody complaining about a t in there who he had hit for 500 and the reason he didn't die was because the healing. Anyways could we do something with that vent under stairs cause right now it's pretty useless. If you get in it to hide from CT'S in the beginning of the round you had VIP cell in which case you could have easily just went in pool vent and got nades.

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/68478-i-dont-know-how-to-approach-this/

I haven't really played papas kingdom since source, but I just wanna say thanks to thorgot for updating this old favorite. It really has always been a wonderful map to play on. With these new additions, it has definitely become one of the alltime best jb maps, hands down. 

I'm assuming the targets move around, and the speed at which they move/disappear is on that panel? Person/team to hit the most targets lives?

They spin around in a circle. Speeds are stationary, 15 degrees per second and 30 degrees per second. They disappear when you hit a bullseye. First side to hit all four gets teleported out and the other side dies.

We'll see how well it works in a server environment. I might have to increase the size of the buttons with real world lag.

You know that high speed jump platform by pool?

Could you remove the one way walls on top of pool and also allow it so that you can jump from the side of it? I'd personally rather have it so that you have to control if you make it into the pool yourself rather than just automatically landing in the pool once you take off on the platform.

Or on top of Box Cage make a small water pool to allow for no damage when you land that a Super Parkcour Ninja Master could jump and strafe to (rather than just the ladder)?

You know that high speed jump platform by pool?

Could you remove the one way walls on top of pool and also allow it so that you can jump from the side of it? I'd personally rather have it so that you have to control if you make it into the pool yourself rather than just automatically landing in the pool once you take off on the platform.

This makes it too hard to control the terrorists walking by the pool.

Or on top of Box Cage make a small water pool to allow for no damage when you land that a Super Parkcour Ninja Master could jump and strafe to (rather than just the ladder)?

I like this though. An easier version of the jump that would see more use.

what will become of the black circle that isnt really a circle?

I thought about copying my idea from airship and making it a different shape every round. But no, the not-circle is tradition at this point and must remain.

This makes it too hard to control the terrorists walking by the pool.

I like this though. An easier version of the jump that would see more use.

Wouldn't they die if they land anywhere else than pool though? Or I guess they could land in the pool of water on boxcage or medic or wherever it may be placed.

Just played it aswell, the sharp shooter game was really fun, even tho i had a hard time hitting the targets..

Very good update thorgot, thanks!

And also, thank you trav for the good idea, the parkour jump was really good, you actually need a little bit of skill to complete it

v5b released. The only thing it didn't fix was the knife issue.

Here are the changes:

• Remove non-solid floor from slide race so you can see where you'll fall.
  • Make sharpshooter buttons 50% bigger.
  • Make armory roof vents unbreakable unless someone is standing on top of armory.
  • Add minimap.
  • Add credits during map load.
  • Fix Defend The House combine barrier model texture.

22 hours ago, skitt said:

MINIMAP HYPE

i made one a while ago 

but no one has added it, and the other maps deserve to have theirs because of how nice they are.

The main reason I didn't put them on is because I hate messing with other peoples' maps (especially ones that are actively being worked on). I'll put the others on I guess, but there's the chance that the maps will be updated and they won't work in the future. Either way, thanks to both of you for the work to continually better our maps and servers. 

thank you for responding moose, i do understand not wanting to put them on maps that are being worked on but

-ba_jail_blackout_csgo

-ba_jail_soar_beta2

-ba_jail_spyder_csgo_v1

-ba_texture_jail_go6

-jb_sg_maws_v2

-jb_sg_papas_kingdom_v5a

-jb_putin_v2

out of these maps putin, papa's and maybe texture are the only ones being remotely worked on. i have been tweaking with blackout (and so has JFK) but i don't see there being many changes (unless JFK does a lot like he did to campus)

5c released to (hopefully) fix the knife spawning issues. Barring any future problems, this should be the last update I make to papas_kingdom.