Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Dean

AUA (ask us anything (military))

So, I was in a conversation on teamspeak earlier with regards to the military.

Trolls need not apply (ted/tristan/freekiller/killer).

If you have questions about potentially joining the military or the military in general ask the question.

Myself, Driz, Chosenone, Chauklet, Marine, and others have been in the military or are currently in the military.

[12:49AM] Howwie: who is this?

[12:49AM] Snoop Simba: dad?

[12:49AM] Howwie: hrm

im only 24

[12:49AM] Snoop Simba: DAD

[12:49AM] Howwie: I doubt  i have a son

who can play league already

in this someone from sG

if so

youre a ******

for accepting queue

After experiencing the military and combat (if you did combat), did your views on war change at all? What were your views and what are they now if they have shifted?

What was the toughest drawback when coming back (Whether it be economical/educational/etc.)?

So, I was in a conversation on teamspeak earlier with regards to the military.

Trolls need not apply (ted/tristan/freekiller/killer).

If you have questions about potentially joining the military or the military in general ask the question.

Myself, Driz, Chosenone, Chauklet and others have been in the military or are currently in the military.

6 years worth of military questions from sG members here:

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/50666-army-questions/page-1#entry8

2 more years

"b. Malignant tumors (V10), exception for basal cell carcinoma, removed with no residual. In addition, the following cases should be qualified if on careful review they meet the following criteria: individuals who have a history of childhood cancer who have not received any surgical or medical cancer therapy for 5 years and are free of cancer; individuals with a history of Wilm's tumor and germ cell tumors of the testis treated surgically and/or with chemotherapy after a 2-year disease-free interval off all treatment; individuals with a history of Hodgkin's disease treated with radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy and disease free off treatment for 5 years; individuals with a history of large cell lymphoma after a 2-year disease-free interval off all therapy."

Thanks Doward

I want to join the airforce and be a drone guy like howard.

My question to you Howard is: What do you do while the other guy flies the drone? Is sexual companionship common on drone missions? I've had dreams about operating a drone camera; zooming in on burning innocent civilians, that the pilot just bombed, while I give a stranger to the guy flying the drone

1. Your decision to join the military?

2. Are you taxed differently?

3. Is the Krusty Krab pizza for you and me?

1. My decision to join the military was for schooling.

2. Its a 2 parter, you can choose what state you wish to pay taxes to or at least you can in the Airforce. Also, you are taxed differently if you are deployed, where you do not get taxed at all.

3. Krusty Krab pizza is always for you and me.

After experiencing the military and combat (if you did combat), did your views on war change at all? What were your views and what are they now if they have shifted?

What was the toughest drawback when coming back (Whether it be economical/educational/etc.)?

Although I fly the UAV/Drones, I have done convoys before and have been engaged at. I have not gone through an IED attack or experience something that could be deemed "traumatizing". My view on war has changed slightly. I personally think we have tried before to fix the middle east as a whole and it hasn't gotten any better. I think we ought to just peace out and quit stirring the pot. The toughest drawback for me when I got back was driving and going about my daily routine. 

Do you guys ever have competitions to see who is more accurate with x gun?

There is something in my particular job to see who is the "best of the best" with regards to weapons. (I've won it 3 years in a row now)

do you guys pickup bad bitches who love uniforms?

Always

where can i buy chemlight batteries?

There is an I D 10 T form you fill out.

I suppose this question is for Howard because he's in the Air Force because i'm not sure how the other branches do this but how long did you wait in dep?

I was in DEP for 11 months before I got picked up for one of the jobs I selected. Other branches do DEP to my knowledge.

Who did 9/11

Freekillers family.

How much do you make, what is your sex life like, and does your penis have a curve to it?

I make around 47k. My sex life is a bit lackluster, I have been on a dry spell for the last month. My penis curves slightly to the left.

1. My decision to join the military was for schooling.

2. Its a 2 parter, you can choose what state you wish to pay taxes to or at least you can in the Airforce. Also, you are taxed differently if you are deployed, where you do not get taxed at all.

3. Krusty Krab pizza is always for you and me.

2. to clarify a little, you choose which state between your home of record (state of entry) and your duty station. Eg. My HOR was Alaska, but i lived in North Carolina. I chose Alaska for state taxes (because they have none)   In terms of deployment,

The Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE) is unlimited for enlisted members and warrant officers and is limited to the maximum enlisted pay amount (driznote: this is 7894.50 for 2015. so monthly an officer/warrant's pay is taxfree up to 7894.50/month before counting HFP/IDP calculated at 225.00), plus the amount of Hostile Fire Pay / Imminent Danger Pay payable to the officer for the qualifying month, for officers.

basically this means enlisted Soldier's can take their reenlistment bonuses tax-free while in the combat zone (which could be as high as 100k on top of their pay and incentives)

to put this in perspective. you would need to be a CW5 over 26, an O5 over 16, an O6 over 14 yrs or any general officer. They would still pay taxes on part of their pay during a deployment.

you can check pays and extras @ http://www.dfas.mil/dam/jcr:b6ef41d4-f071-45f9-b863-70b202be05a6/2015MilitaryPayChart_2.pdf although you need to calculate BAH by rank and zip code. (fort bragg, nc was around 1500$/mo for a married captain)

Seeing as there are Muslims not only in the US, but also the Military that would be a no.

i immediately distrust all muslims until they prove themselves to be trustworthy. after all, it was a muslim american Soldier that tossed a grenade into the command tent in Iraq in 2003.

i immediately distrust all muslims until they prove themselves to be trustworthy. after all, it was a muslim american Soldier that tossed a grenade into the command tent in Iraq in 2003.

...and a Muslin psychiatrist that shot up Ft. Hood.