Sign in to follow this  
sixheadkyle

Language Rule

Hey I know that in this modern day the term "gay" is used to mean stuff in a bad way but I think on the server it should be watch more closely because I actually am engaged to my fiancé and it really bothers me when people use thoses kind of terms. Just a suggestion

Hey I know that in this modern day the term "gay" is used to mean stuff in a bad way but I think on the server it should be watch more closely because I actually am engaged to my fiancé and it really bothers me when people use thoses kind of terms. Just a suggestion

Honestly man, it's the internet. Things only offend you if you let them. Just ignore them

"Wow, that's so gay" = Acceptable (in my opinion)

"Stop being a gay faggot butt mucher, you queer. Fags deserve to die." = Not okay

I believe when used in certain context the word is completely fine. But when it's used to harass that's a different story. If you ever feel that people are using that word to harass you and you feel attacked you can simply mute them. Other than that, in this modern age, that word has become a part of [American] colloquialism.

I actually am engaged to my fiancé 

I think it would be weird if you weren't engaged to your fiancé.

On the gay thing tough I would recommend just letting it pass trhough the ear on your left side and let it slide all the way trough and out on the right side :)

But if you are on the servers and feel that people are being uneccesarily mean to you, you can just contact admins by typing "@ <your problem here>" in team chat.

We have a server officer whom is Bissexual and leans towards the same sex type of interactions more than different sex.

The community tends to say things such as "youre a massive faggot, youre gay" or "you have austim."

Unless someone says something extremely hateful to you, such as "SixHeadKyle, you are gay and I hope all homossexuals burns in the fiery pits of hell because you're all sinners" then it is an issue.

He doesn't have issues with that as far as I am aware since we talk a lot. I'm sure you can cope with it aswell.

Heres a secret; Have thick skin, and don't take shit too personal. You'll survive just fine. Theres a difference between shit talking and malicious intent to harass another player. Its the internet, people talk shit and life continues.

Edited by Mark from Facebook

What generally has been stated in the posts above is the general rule of thumb you should follow.

It is a known, people on the internet are assholes and will gladly love to rustle up your jimmies especially if you react to them. Long as the nature of the comments can be taken in a jokative manner there is no issue. My best suggestion is to mute or ignore these individuals if it truly bothers you. However, if the statements are direct attacks on you or someone else just tell an SO or Staff member who may or may not be on to try to resolve the situation.

IMO, the word "faggot" should be treated the same as "nigger" on the servers.

All of your guys points could be argued for the 'racism' that occurs on the server... have thick skin, etc.

None of it should be tolerated if our racism rule is in place.

Edited by Travesty

if you seriously believe you should be able to censor people on the internet because your feelings are hurt you can go suck a dick (literally)

We already do.

Syndicate Gaming Global Guidelines

1. Posting & Blogging

G. No Racist Epithets - As always, any and all racial slurs used against any person or object will not be tolerated to ANY degree (e.g., calling someone "N-word" is not allowed).

1. Some basic infractions and their corresponding percentage values are shown below:

• Banned Language, e.g., racism - 5 point increase, expires after 45 days
Edited by Travesty

We have a server officer whom is Bissexual and leans towards the same sex type of interactions more than different sex.

The community tends to say things such as "youre a massive faggot, youre gay" or "you have austim."

Unless someone says something extremely hateful to you, such as "SixHeadKyle, you are gay and I hope all homossexuals burns in the fiery pits of hell because you're all sinners" then it is an issue.

He doesn't have issues with that as far as I am aware since we talk a lot. I'm sure you can cope with it aswell.

Heres a secret; Have thick skin, and don't take shit too personal. You'll survive just fine. Theres a difference between shit talking and malicious intent to harass another player. Its the internet, people talk shit and life continues.

As that officer in question, I can confirm most of this.

Kyle I understand that often times homophobic slurs can really get under ones skin, especially when you're having a bad day. If it's getting out of line add me and let me know. I'll try to make sure people calm down.

If it isn't direct harassment I can't punish people for saying it, but I can convince people to avoid saying it for a while. For the most part it's something we'll have to deal with, but if you're having a particularly bad day don't hesitate to ask people to stop, or ask admins if they can help you out. I'm also down to talk any time you need to talk to someone about this stuff.

I hope you continue to play on our servers, and I hope we can accommodate in a way that works for everyone.

Edited by Kim

Hey man I know Vanilla TTT is your main server so feel free to add me whenever, like others have said I may or may not be able to help you but if someone is being toxic I wont hesitate to gag/mute them. Just remember dont feel harmed and you aren't.

If you faggots ban the use of homophobic epithets again I'll get banned so fast and still not give a shit because it's a shitty rule to have.

Not that anyone ever enforced it when it used to be a rule anyway. I sure as hell didn't, and I suck dicks habitually. Go back to Tumblr.

If you faggots ban the use of homophobic epithets again I'll get banned so fast and still not give a shit because it's a shitty rule to have.

Not that anyone ever enforced it when it used to be a rule anyway. I sure as hell didn't, and I suck dicks habitually. Go back to Tumblr.

I think you'll like this. I do. I do think people need to tone down their use of some words, but banning them outright rarely fixes the problem. We need to be more diligent about stopping harassment though, since that's where it can become a serious issue.

Edited by Kim