Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Fun rounds

I really wish TTT Custom had some sort of fun round system built into it similar to what they have on Serious TTT. I've been doing fun rounds on the server once a week and the players seem to like them. Introduces a new element of game play. Here's the two I've been messing around with

Random Respawn - A randomly selected player gets chosen for a respawn. They won't know it until they die. It could be a traitor, inno, or detective. The only issue is that the player selected can't be the last inno or T then it doesn't really work out. The player can use their killer's info against them in any way they like. Only stipulation I have is that if they RDM on a respawn, they get slayed twice so players don't abuse the run.

Go To Jail - A randomly selected player gets chosen to jail another player for 10 seconds. This could work many different ways. Inno could use it to lose a player that is stalking them, detective could use it to jail a player they think might have DNA on them, and a traitor could use it to jail a detective. 10 seconds only. Must declare the jail via voice or chat. Can be used at any time EXCEPT for one on one. The only thing I'm not really sure how to set is whether or not the player selected should make it known that they have the jail card but I don't think it's fair to do it anonymously.

What do you guys think?

I personally think this is a great idea. Fun rounds used to be something that the SOs were trusted to do on the server. Being able to execute commands for proptown and newton rounds should be something that SOs are trusted with/ trusted to not abuse.  

zombie invasion, low grav, awp round, newton battle, fire safety day, proptown, midget round, rdm round

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Staff is the only one able to run these type of stuff.

Your zombie invasion rounds were so fucking hilarious dude.

Staff is the only one able to run these type of stuff.

Your zombie invasion rounds were so fucking hilarious dude.

Well the zombies yes but the other stuff could be done... Maybe not as efficiently but we might be able to change some perms for SOs. I thought we did allow running the configs? Not sure if that is true or if they are still there as we cleaned some stuff up.

Idk about now but when I had SO I wasnt able to give weapons, spawn entities or run configs at all.  We could cloak, size, change map, give health armor ect but nothing like the old SOs could do.

I debuted a new fun round called Ghost where a player is randomly picked to be cloaked the entire round. This one isn't as fun for the winner because it seems like there is always one or two assholes who shoot in random directions trying to find the cloaked player. Haven't cloaked a T yet, been all innos and they seem to waste their round.

Came up with another one called Hitman. Haven't ran it during a round but here's the jist of it. Sometimes the Ts take forever to do what they need to do so this is kind of a risk/reward to speed up rounds with players who drag everything out. Traitors have 60 seconds to kill half of the server. 30 players = 15 innocent or detectives must be dead by the end of the minute. If the Ts do it, the detectives are slayed and the rounds continues. If the Ts don't do it, all of the detectives get 200 health.

Obviously this works better when the server is full but I think it's a chaotic fun round that people would enjoy.

Came up with another one called Hitman. Haven't ran it during a round but here's the jist of it. Sometimes the Ts take forever to do what they need to do so this is kind of a risk/reward to speed up rounds with players who drag everything out. Traitors have 60 seconds to kill half of the server. 30 players = 15 innocent or detectives must be dead by the end of the minute. If the Ts do it, the detectives are slayed and the rounds continues. If the Ts don't do it, all of the detectives get 200 health.

Obviously this works better when the server is full but I think it's a chaotic fun round that people would enjoy.

I use to do that all the time just without the game. My goal was to deag everyone before I was caught or died. I use to run a "shop" where I would sell dead hanging bodies as a t and got 10 or so in like 2 mins lol.

The Vanilla would keep alot of people if it were to have a Spectator Deathmatch or does that require a download making it not Vanilla

The Vanilla would keep alot of people if it were to have a Spectator Deathmatch or does that require a download making it not Vanilla

yea that would defeat the purpose of it being vanilla, though i like dm a lot