Sign in to follow this  
Mnkeydude

Dark RP in gmod

Hi all Mnkeydude here and I was just amazed you didn't have a dark rp server.  Ik it has probably been suggested in the past but I was really thinking it would be a fun and big server!  I know Dark RP has became one of the biggest modes in gmod if not the biggest.  Any other suggestions people??

We used to have a DarkRP server.  Although I wasn't around for it's creation, from what I heard it didn't go to well with all the trolling and constant need for admins.

I think we've had 3 attempts at DarkRP. First one had issues with admin abuse, second one had a lack of development and admin support, and the last one had the same issue. Problem is in our community the server essentially becomes a server where you build a base with money printers then defend the base for as long as possible while getting money. On the flip side, you raid bases and steal their money printers to horde more printers. 

I think we've had 3 attempts at DarkRP. First one had issues with admin abuse, second one had a lack of development and admin support, and the last one had the same issue. Problem is in our community the server essentially becomes a server where you build a base with money printers then defend the base for as long as possible while getting money. On the flip side, you raid bases and steal their money printers to horde more printers. 

I thought this was the point. Or atleast that's what makes it fun.

The first DRP server would have been ok if mitch didn't start the aboose train.

If we ever look at a DRP server again, I put one together on a dedicated server before. It took me like 2 days off of work to get the settings down. It was darkrp with a few addons, weathermod, earthquake mod, and sourcemod on rp_downtown_v2. I haven't tried creating new jobs, but it shouldn't be too hard. If that fails, there should be prefabs out there. I wouldn't mind helping to build a new server if it came down to it.

Spacebuild was also fun as well.

There were some fun moments in the first darkrp. Had a corrupt mayor who let me sell Ak47s as long as I told him who I sold them to, only for me to only sell out the non mob members.

there is a really good 128 player server on c18 that is now under direct ownership of the dev instead of some retarded carebear clan

pretty much everything we were going for +stable population

fuck guitar guy for spamming friday all over the place and other unacceptable shit on our last attempt

MUCH TIME AND EFFORT WAS PUT INTO DARK RP WITH NO REAL GAIN

It kept dying before it could gain anything. Lets give it another go.

besides the fact that dark rp is a terrible idea, i think we could stop the money printer hording if we were to simply have a once a week event where all the bases would be raided by the town and we would see which base last the longest.

The only RP servers that work are those that are incredibly strict and have constant admins on and those admins ban people very harshly for doing such things as not rope playing properly... "admin, I told this guy to stick up his hands or I would shoot and he immediately pulled out a gun and shot me and that isn't role playing cause IRL you can't pull out a gun that fast so you would raise your hands so ban him!" BAN!  <<< that is seriously the type of shit that happens on popular servers.

The other edge is just a complete chaos server with loosely enforced rules. This lasts a little bit but eventually things get out of control and people stop populating the server. You need a happy medium and look at any of the current popular servers. There is no middle ground. Because those two extremes don't work for our community it won't work and will fail like it always does.