Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Rayne said:

You need to pull the thong out of your arse.

You need to understand how slaying works in TTT :P

38 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I disagree. If the slay is already assigned to happen the next time he's alive, then he's paid his debt. Whether he pays it immediately or next time he's on is moot. What, you want him to wait the 3 seconds for the next round, just to leave? Fuck that, let him take the slay next time he's on. 

Don't mix up TTTGO's asinine rules with GMOD TTT

I believe TTTGO has the same rules as GMod on this. If someone is slain, and doesn't wait until the end of that round, it is considered RDM then leave, since they are cheating out of the slay by leaving.

Edited by Ironic

I know I'm not part of this but i do feel that maybe they should think about removing the rdm and leave ban because no matter what if they take the slay right then and there or when the next time they come on they are still paying their punishment. 

6 minutes ago, tazmanianxdude said:

I know I'm not part of this but i do feel that maybe they should think about removing the rdm and leave ban because no matter what if they take the slay right then and there or when the next time they come on they are still paying their punishment. 

I'm not against removing it, but the main reason it's there is because by leaving, you aren't taking your punishment. If I RDM someone, then whenever I take my slay, I could just leave the server and join another server that the round is getting ready to start. Thus, it did me no good to even take the slay because I'm not being punished unless I wait the full round.

38 minutes ago, Ironic said:

You need to understand how slaying works in TTT :P

I believe TTTGO has the same rules as GMod on this. If someone is slain, and doesn't wait until the end of that round, it is considered RDM then leave, since they are cheating out of the slay by leaving.

That's what I thought until Totes and the other sudden TTT warriors decided to tell me that the rules, while similar, are still different. 

TTTGO doesn't have a feature that can apply a slay once an offender logs back on. TTT Gmod does. That's why I think it's applicable in TTTGO to be considered RDM and leave, but reasonable to do in Gmod. I've left the instant I've gotten slain before. No repercussions. The idea is that you sit out a round, not sit out a round and be forced to watch everyone else have fun. Because fuck you and your rules, I can just AFK and go watch Netflix. We punish people when they need to be. This case isn't that. He took his punishment and it should have been left at that. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

That's what I thought until Totes and the other sudden TTT warriors decided to tell me that the rules, while similar, are still different. 

TTTGO doesn't have a feature that can apply a slay once an offender logs back on. TTT Gmod does. That's why I think it's applicable in TTTGO to be considered RDM and leave, but reasonable to do in Gmod. I've left the instant I've gotten slain before. No repercussions. The idea is that you sit out a round, not sit out a round and be forced to watch everyone else have fun. Because fuck you and your rules, I can just AFK and go watch Netflix. We punish people when they need to be. This case isn't that. He took his punishment and it should have been left at that. 

Whether we agree with the rule or not, that's how it is. Booch was slain, and didn't wait the full round, so Darren banned him. 

Maybe this is something that the GMod Team needs to discuss and maybe change, but Darren wasn't in the wrong for banning him.

18 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Whether we agree with the rule or not, that's how it is. Booch was slain, and didn't wait the full round, so Darren banned him. 

Maybe this is something that the GMod Team needs to discuss and maybe change, but Darren wasn't in the wrong for banning him.

Ironic is right I should've made sure it was okay before I left I was in the wrong 

Why is Leaving on a slay round punishable? The punishment was to not play that round and leaving is the exact same thing as not playing a round????

9 minutes ago, Hei said:

Why is Leaving on a slay round punishable? The punishment was to not play that round and leaving is the exact same thing as not playing a round????

You would think this would be the logic everyone would follow, but apparently not. It's more a childish stigma of, "The person you rdmd had to sit out a round too!" or the postulation that they left to avoid a slay. Truth be told, I feel like a ban should only be warranted should the person come back within a certain time frame.

The idea is that when someone is slain, they must serve their slay into the next round. In some situations, people join the server just to RDM, and then I believe that a ban would be necessary there. Most of the time, it's just people who do not know the rules of the server to the full extent.

The term "RDM and Leave" has been around for ages, and I do not think that it will be changed any time soon. That would be up to Zach and Avenger, but for the mean time, the banning of people who do not fully serve a slay will continue.

I don't fully agree with the idea, maybe not every person who leaves after a slay should be banned. If people can accept responsibility and gladly accept a slay, then the ban shouldn't be applied.

25 minutes ago, R1S3 said:

The idea is that when someone is slain, they must serve their slay into the next round. In some situations, people join the server just to RDM, and then I believe that a ban would be necessary there. Most of the time, it's just people who do not know the rules of the server to the full extent.

We also have to understand that some of the people who do join just to RDM, are the same ones who leave either before, or after taking their slay.

For example:

(This is a TTT report)

Victim: He RDM'd me.

RDMer: LOL GET REKT KID!

Then the RDMer leaves before taking a slay. 

That right there, easily deserves a ban in my book. Now, I'm fine if they take their slay, then leave, but as of right now I still ban them (unless they ask me permission to leave) because that's how the rule is right now.

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

The rule isn't strictly written so. I get that you want to make sure you make no exceptions for friends, and that he's already agreed that he should've stayed the whole round he'd sit out, but I got my start in sG around 2010, playing almost exclusively TTT. People RDM, get slain, and leave. Frankly, I think it's far more satisfying for a case like this for the offender to come back the following day, expecting to have some fun, and BOOM, instantly slain. People tend to leave when they get bored, or only have a little bit of time, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. If Booch was a reoffending RDMer and leaves a lot, then by all means, ban him. But sounds like to me that every single rule has exceptions, at the SO's discretion. I've personally been assigned a slay the next round, took it, and left before the end of it. No big deal. Then again, I only ever get slain on my goddamn T rounds FeelsBadMan

Jews are the ethnic people of Israel. Discrimination against any group (except those who act like a dumbass) is not allowed on our server. Anyone who says otherwise has failed to read the motd. 

Albo raises a lot of good points about things that happen occasionally on war3. The culture among regulars, one that ghoul perpetuated for a time, not so much anymore, will be hard to change without staff clearly stating their intentions to the server and backing up SOs who do the day in/day out work.

13 minutes ago, Smash said:

Yes yes I know I'm bad. Also that's in CD I didn't even fucking realize.

Reported his post because it doesn't belong in CD, tbh.  It's not a complaint against a player/admin with proof, it's more of a discussion thread. 

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

We also have to understand that some of the people who do join just to RDM, are the same ones who leave either before, or after taking their slay.

For example:

(This is a TTT report)

Victim: He RDM'd me.

RDMer: LOL GET REKT KID!

Then the RDMer leaves before taking a slay. 

That right there, easily deserves a ban in my book. Now, I'm fine if they take their slay, then leave, but as of right now I still ban them (unless they ask me permission to leave) because that's how the rule is right now.

Yes the ban is legit but do they really have to wait a round just watching?

Sorry for being late to the party, been binge-watching The Expanse.

I joined the same round that @Booch rdmed someone, but he was gone and hadn't even answered the report against him. So he didn't stay for a slay, since he left before the round in which he rdmed was even finished, let alone staying for the subsequent round in which a slay would have been applied. 

screenie: http://i.imgur.com/1sAMLRI.jpg

Edit: and yes, I watched the replay before banning.

Edited by Darren

34 minutes ago, Darren said:

Sorry for being late to the party, been binge-watching The Expanse.

I joined the same round that @Booch rdmed someone, but he was gone and hadn't even answered the report against him. So he didn't stay for a slay, since he left before the round in which he rdmed was even finished, let alone staying for the subsequent round in which a slay would have been applied. 

screenie: http://i.imgur.com/1sAMLRI.jpg

Edit: and yes, I watched the replay before banning.

There's no fight anymore since the ban expires in 3 minutes lol

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

There's no fight anymore since the ban expires in 3 minutes lol

Yeah sorry. Just didn't see the notifications I had on the forums until tonight, and wanted to let people know I wasn't dead.

18 hours ago, Beerman said:

Which they will do regardless when they rejoin

On their own time, when they want.  They will sit out a round on our time, when we want, for breaking the rules.

Did your parents tell you "Go to your room... whenever you want," when you did something bad?  You were going to go there anyway for bed eventually.

On their own time, when they want.  They will sit out a round on our time, when we want, for breaking the rules.

Did your parents tell you "Go to your room... whenever you want," when you did something bad?  You were going to go there anyway for bed eventually.

It's more of she takes my TV and only she can give it back. Doesn't matter if I'm in the room when what I really want to do is watch TV, but you make a fair point.