Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

sG skin rental?

So I thought I'd throw this idea out there. I think it'd be cool if sG had a community pool where we can place unused skins to be checked out by other members. Records of who the skin belongs to would be kept obviously. Skin theft would be prevented by requiring it to be sG members, detailed records, and a requirement of putting skins of equal value to the ones you're checking out in the pool. Good way for people to get and experiment with skins with no financial cost

So I thought I'd throw this idea out there. I think it'd be cool if sG had a community pool where we can place unused skins to be checked out by other members. Records of who the skin belongs to would be kept obviously. Skin theft would be prevented by requiring it to be sG members, detailed records, and a requirement of putting skins of equal value to the ones you're checking out in the pool. Good way for people to get and experiment with skins with no financial cost

As much as I like the idea, that's not gonna work for a number of reasons.

1.) skin theft (as mentioned)

2.) Valve implemented a system in which any csgo item that is traded, sold or otherwise moved in their system, there is a 7 day hold in place until that item can be moved again. That alone means that all skin rentals would be at a week minimum. No one is going to like that sort of thing especially when you get to high level things.

3.) Keeping extensive records would mean that we'd likely have to submit Steam ID, have screens of all of the exchange, present relevant emails (Valve has also introduced this to prevent scamming), and on top of that we'd have to set up a way to go through Valve on such endeavors should a theft occur. I'm pretty sure Valve would not be okay with this idea simply as it's too much of a liability for them and it puts sG in a bad position as a middle man of sorts.

What should likely be discussed, is finding a way for us to use texture files to replicate skins on guns, and these guns should be unlocked by using in server credits. We solve the financial cost and it keeps sG out of more fires.

Only problem being that someone needs to properly code it, and i'm not sure if this plugin would prevent case and weapon drops. There would have to be a lot of testing to see if that is the case. Then we have the issue of how long it'll take to add new weapon sets or what weapons to cycle through as the menus would get complex as all heck in no time flat.

But that's just me.

Im sorry ordinary every time i read one of your new posts i can feel my self getting more and more retarded.

Besides that why would any put anything nice in for people to borrow.I hardly trust anyone with my 30 cent skins.

Did you not notice I said you would have to put up a skin of equal value as collateral?

Did you not notice I said you would have to put up a skin of equal value as collateral?

oh no i lost my 1000 darude tec9s, and now i have a awp asiimov.

/s

one asshole would ruin it, someone would probably be willing to give up membership in this community for a few hundred dollars. I'm not saying anyone would do it, but when money is involved, morals drop. fast.

This honestly doesn't seem like something that should be sanctioned by sG. Way too much risk for drama with no overall benefit. 

All of the above is important...

My main question, why would you even bother?

There is no point setting something like this up which is so long winded for no end result other than a handful of players getting to use a different gun for 45 minutes? If that's so important just ask one of your buddies privatly to borrow it.

OG what happened to your clever ideas and whitty puns?

All of the above is important...

My main question, why would you even bother?

There is no point setting something like this up which is so long winded for no end result other than a handful of players getting to use a different gun for 45 minutes? If that's so important just ask one of your buddies privatly to borrow it.

OG what happened to your clever ideas and whitty puns?

Tbh this idea was one that i thought about for 2 minutes in the back of class. Just figured it happened anyway so might as well make it available to more sG members

shit... that plugin is dangerous. I could see Valve going after sourcemod and getting them shutdown if people post those types of plugins.

Agreed, the developer says not to use it as a VIP reward of any sort. He thinks Volvo will get mad if people are making money from this. But I'm surprised it hasn't already been taken down. It has gained a lot of popularity recently.

Tbh this idea was one that i thought about for 2 minutes in the back of class. Just figured it happened anyway so might as well make it available to more sG members

You've got to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!

Edited by Rayne